LISTEN: 49ers Drafted For Now And The Future →

There are 110 users in the forums

My Ideal, realistic offseason

This isn't realistic, lol
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Why? I'm not calling for Mario Williams or anything like that. Low priced free agents = unrealistic? WTF
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Hillis quit on his team last year to preserve himself for a better contract. Not to mention he's a one year wonder. I wouldn't want him at all. Get a young hungry back. Everything else is cool. I'd use that 3rd rounder on a corner or some d line/olb depth. If you have Hutch and Synder then why spend a 3rd rounder this year on another guard?

Because Snyder can play Tackle and Center too. And I don't want a rookie liability at guard. Let him sit behind Hutch for a year or two and he'll be a beast in '13 or '14.

Hillis would be a 8-10 carry a game power back.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/1/24/2730556/2012-nfl-free-agents-peyton-hillis-san-francisco-49ers

So why can't Kilgore or Persons learn from Hutch? And use that 3rd rounder to take BPA
Projected by who???

Todd McShay and Mike Mayock both said he moved higher up the boards because he was the most impressive receiver at the combine.
Originally posted by ninersfan23:
Todd McShay and Mike Mayock both said he moved higher up the boards because he was the most impressive receiver at the combine.

And he was a projected 5th rounder before the combine.
First post. Gonna start it off with a bang and maybe make myself an enemy early in the game with nickbradley.

I agree with just about everyone that these offseason projections are pretty unrealistic but I think you're looking in the right places. Firstly, like others have already said, Stephen Hill is not going to be available with our second pick - barring a freak leg injury. He might be gone before our first pick. This should be enough evidence to prove that thinking he's a third rounder with 2nd round upside is unfounded optimism:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/mock-drafts/chad-reuter/90101
http://walterfootball.com/draft2012_1.php
http://walterfootball.com/combine2012stock4.php

Secondly, it might not be so realistic to think Garcon is going to be in our price range, especially if you project us to resign all the vets you have listed. He's apparently already turned down a potentially lucrative deal from the Colts, so he's going to try to get whatever money he can and plans to test free agency. Maybe he's overvaluing himself and the market limits his price but I doubt it. If anything he's going to get overpaid, just like Mario Manningham, because the market might have less top end talent than expected (I'm sure this has been discussed on this board). The likelihood is that Vincent Jackson is the only elite receiver that comes free after Desean and Bowe are tagged and Wallace is resigned or tendered, pushing up the values of guys like Garcon and Manningham.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/24/report-pierre-garcon-turns-down-contract-offer-from-colts/

Personally, I'm not against signing Steve Hutchinson if he has anything left in the tank, but if he has anything left in the tank he isn't going to sign cheap, and while Baalke has already proven he's sneaky good at signing undervalued FAs I doubt Rex Ryan wouldn't jump at the chance to overpay Hutch, or the Saints might look to try sign him to fill the void by Carl Nicks who is probably going to leave after the Saints eat up there cap room by franchising Brees (which is looking like it's going to have to happen, check nfl.com).

Peyton Hillis is a lost cause. You can draft guys like him in the late rounds with less baggage and lower cap numbers.

Sorry to be a negative Nancy. I like Brandon Washington in the third if that's any consolation.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Hutchinson and Hillis wont be cheap and Hill wont make it to our pick in the 2nd round. This is very unrealistic

You.....are correct, sir.
Originally posted by 2Legit2Quit:
First post. Gonna start it off with a bang and maybe make myself an enemy early in the game with nickbradley.

I agree with just about everyone that these offseason projections are pretty unrealistic but I think you're looking in the right places. Firstly, like others have already said, Stephen Hill is not going to be available with our second pick - barring a freak leg injury. He might be gone before our first pick. This should be enough evidence to prove that thinking he's a third rounder with 2nd round upside is unfounded optimism:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/mock-drafts/chad-reuter/90101
http://walterfootball.com/draft2012_1.php
http://walterfootball.com/combine2012stock4.php

Secondly, it might not be so realistic to think Garcon is going to be in our price range, especially if you project us to resign all the vets you have listed. He's apparently already turned down a potentially lucrative deal from the Colts, so he's going to try to get whatever money he can and plans to test free agency. Maybe he's overvaluing himself and the market limits his price but I doubt it. If anything he's going to get overpaid, just like Mario Manningham, because the market might have less top end talent than expected (I'm sure this has been discussed on this board). The likelihood is that Vincent Jackson is the only elite receiver that comes free after Desean and Bowe are tagged and Wallace is resigned or tendered, pushing up the values of guys like Garcon and Manningham.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/24/report-pierre-garcon-turns-down-contract-offer-from-colts/

Personally, I'm not against signing Steve Hutchinson if he has anything left in the tank, but if he has anything left in the tank he isn't going to sign cheap, and while Baalke has already proven he's sneaky good at signing undervalued FAs I doubt Rex Ryan wouldn't jump at the chance to overpay Hutch, or the Saints might look to try sign him to fill the void by Carl Nicks who is probably going to leave after the Saints eat up there cap room by franchising Brees (which is looking like it's going to have to happen, check nfl.com).

Peyton Hillis is a lost cause. You can draft guys like him in the late rounds with less baggage and lower cap numbers.

Sorry to be a negative Nancy. I like Brandon Washington in the third if that's any consolation.

Nice first post
My Ideal, realistic offseason. I think signing Steve Hutchinson at a low price for 2 years to start at Guard is a fantastic idea. Snyder would continue to be our 6th O-lineman, and we should draft a young guard in the 3rd or 4th round to groom. Peyton Hillis will be good value in free agency too -- 3-headed monster at RB to help with short yardage and insurance against Gore going down (we weren't good on short yardage last year). Garcon is a great value signing at WR. In the draft, Fleener would be a great pickup at #30. Stephen Hill is a deep threat/burner to pick up in the second round, and a guard to groom in the 3rd is a good idea.

The thing about all these signings and picks is that none of them are "flashy", they're all value signings and picks, with the possible exception of Peyton Hillis. This is Baalke's style.

Re-Sign:
- QB Alex Smith
- OLB Ahmad Brooks
- CB Carlos Rogers
- S Dashon Goldson (Tag?)
- OL Adam Snyder
- WR Josh Morgan
- KR/PR Ted Ginn

Free Agency:
- WR Pierre Garcon
- G Steve Hutchinson (cheap)
- RB Peyton Hillis (cheap)

Draft:
- 1st Round: TE Coby Fleener, Stanford
- 2nd Round: WR Stephen Hill, GA Tech
- 3rd Round: OG Brandon Washington, Miami

Resign:
All resign
-Ginn *crosses finger* A good price, back up money.
-Rogers will probably walk with the amount he wants, 10 mill, BYE.

Free agency:
-Garcon for the right price and not the money he turned down from the Colts.
-Another old guard, no thanks. We drafted to guys last season, I want to see them in there.
-Over the Hillis, the guy with the hammy problems or who refused to play. PASS.

Draft:
-TE, haha, no! Unless he is BPA, PASS!
-Hill might have to be drafted in the 1st, but I hate to reach.
-Guard will work in the 3rd, but would rather have CB or DL unless taken in the 1st and 2nd.
And he was a projected 5th rounder before the combine.

Everything i seen had him as a 3-5 rounder during his season and then a late 2nd to mid 3rd rounder going into the combine, Im just saying we pick at 30 this year so he would be hard to get in the 2nd round. Unless we trade back from our 1st round pick to the 2nd round i dont see that happening. I want the guy though. He has such great potential. I like the Hillis idea if we made him what Marion Barber was for the cowgirls a couple years ago. Just bring him in when we are inside the 5 to finish drives but again im not sure they would make that signing. And i think Hutch will retire. Realistically we cant say anything is realistic for the niners off season because no one inside the organization is going to say anything about anyone just like last season.

Why? I'm not calling for Mario Williams or anything like that. Low priced free agents = unrealistic? WTF

no really, it is unrealistic
i love the realistic offseason that starts off with signing Steve Hutchinson for a "low price".
Originally posted by x49ersCSEx:

i dont think its unreal at all. when it comes to draft and free agents every year crazy things happen and most ppls mocks never come close so i like what you did and if that all lined up i would take that offseson for sure. yea hillis looked like an Ahole last year and it hert his resale if we got him cheap and he does what he did in 2010 what a steal JH can get the most out of him if not dump him in preseason no loss with option of big gain.
why ppl on this site alway like to bash other ppls ideas i wont ever understand there also the same ppl who are to scared to post there own ideas (valrod33)
Originally posted by westcoastchamp:
Originally posted by x49ersCSEx:

i dont think its unreal at all. when it comes to draft and free agents every year crazy things happen and most ppls mocks never come close so i like what you did and if that all lined up i would take that offseson for sure. yea hillis looked like an Ahole last year and it hert his resale if we got him cheap and he does what he did in 2010 what a steal JH can get the most out of him if not dump him in preseason no loss with option of big gain.
why ppl on this site alway like to bash other ppls ideas i wont ever understand there also the same ppl who are to scared to post there own ideas (valrod33)

i post my own ideas all the time bro montana
Share 49ersWebzone