There are 254 users in the forums

Chandler Jones

If Brooks leaves what do y'all think of Jones at #30? Dude has long arms and is a good pass rusher...
I base all my opinions off of youtube highlight videos...
id rather draft chandler bing
I have seen him play live many times over. He is a pass rush machine. If he had waited one more year, he would easily be considered a first round pick next season. He missed most of this season with an injury. He looks like a freak out there with his size.

First round talk with him started when McShay took a wild shot in his mock that the Pats would reach for him in round one because he fills a need.

I think it was Kiper I heard on my friends local radio show here in Syracuse say that with the depth of the positions he plays in this draft, although he could end up being a steal in the first 45 picks, he sees him dropping to around 60. If the Niners can get him in the second round, it would be awesome.
melvin ingram is a better pick
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
melvin ingram is a better pick

True but I'm thinking he's long gone bye the time the Niners pick
Ingram wont last, but Im all for adding more passrushers in the second even if we gotta trade up to secure him
This guy is just rising through draft boards within these past hours. Would not be mad if we drafted him.
I don't see it... I think Jones is the most overrated prospect in this draft class. He's lanky... clumsy-looking... and I think a poor fir for our D.
If we take a OLB tonight I would look at Boise State's Shea McClellin or Illinois Whitney Mercilus, though Mercilus may go to NE at 27 if they stay put.

I want him only because he's Jon Bones Jones lil bro
I don't think he falls to our pick. Jones is flying up draft boards. I think he goes as high as 12. He is a big guy with room to grow, and his potential is extremely high
Originally posted by saniner:
I don't think he falls to our pick. Jones is flying up draft boards. I think he goes as high as 12. He is a big guy with room to grow, and his potential is extremely high

Kinda sounds like a guy we drafted last year.... :)
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by hofer36:
id rather draft chandler bing

or Chanandeler Bong
I go to most Syracuse home games. I've seen Jones for a long time. While I would love to get him in the second round, if these teams are reaching as high as 12 for him, let them have fun with it.

I think he will be a very good player. However, a top 15 pick he is not.
Share 49ersWebzone