LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 254 users in the forums

AB's 1st 2012 Collaborative Webzone Mock - Picks Thread - NE(49ersalldaway126) OTC

Pass-rush, WR, CB. Not in this order necessarily but a kind of, I think.
jimmy's dog was sick yesterday, he should be on here soon, he PM'd me earlier, so we'll see.

I ave my user and password to vrabbitt, hopefully he got it. I have to head out soon, long story shirt I have to visit my brother in the hospital, he had a heart attack, i havent been able to get to see him, so I shouldnt be here till around 9:30 or 10PM Eastern time.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
jimmy's dog was sick yesterday, he should be on here soon, he PM'd me earlier, so we'll see.

I ave my user and password to vrabbitt, hopefully he got it. I have to head out soon, long story shirt I have to visit my brother in the hospital, he had a heart attack, i havent been able to get to see him, so I shouldnt be here till around 9:30 or 10PM Eastern time.

I got you homie
Yeah, no problem AB. I wish your bro the best.
Trent Richardson went at #6? wow. Isn't Mike Shanahan still the coach there? No way he uses a top 10 pick on a RB.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Trent Richardson went at #6? wow. Isn't Mike Shanahan still the coach there? No way he uses a top 10 pick on a RB.
The GM knows it, picked him anyway.
Originally posted by thuglife619:
Jags could go in many different directions(sucks they have to deal with peyton and now luck).

Gotta give MJD some help. Also need to see how well Gabbert can play with NFL caliber WR's, not Arena League dropouts.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
How did I miss this????

Right?
Start a parallel mock.
I'm confused as to whether we're supposed to make a community pick for jimmy or what

i like the trent richardson pick for the redskins...it didnt follow the other mocks and it makes alot of sense now that i think about it. Redskins are probably the biggest contenders for matt flynn
A team which picks in the top10 has way bigger needs than RB usually. Additionally to that, Shanahan is known for drafting RBs late and let look them like pro-bowlers though.

Let's wait til 4pm westcoast, then we make the pick.
Originally posted by communist:
A team which picks in the top10 has way bigger needs than RB usually. Additionally to that, Shanahan is known for drafting RBs late and let look them like pro-bowlers though.

Especially when it looks like Shanahan found a nice RB in the 4th round in last years draft in Roy Helu. IMO, the Redskins priorities right now would have been to fix their O-line, find a QB, and add a legitimate playmaking WR to their roster. The CB position could use some help, but the Redskins really need to fix their offense first before they look at filling their holes on defense.

This is just my opinion though. I'm not going to knock the pick too much because Richardson is a nice talent, and would be a huge upgrade over Helu and the other RBs on the roster. I just think Shanahan has too much of a ego in regards to the RB position to consider drafting one in the first round.
Ok, either Quinton Coples (DE) or Dre Kirkpatrick (CB). Dont wanna consider Floyd due to deep WR-class.

Pass-rush has improved this year, thx to Mincey but this guy is a FA. Both starting CBs are FAs as well and the older one (will be 32) torn his ACL back in November. CB-class is deep enough to wait til the 2nd, I think and pass-russ>secondary, so I would go for Coples.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Originally posted by communist:

Especially when it looks like Shanahan found a nice RB in the 4th round in last years draft in Roy Helu. IMO, the Redskins priorities right now would have been to fix their O-line, find a QB, and add a legitimate playmaking WR to their roster. The CB position could use some help, but the Redskins really need to fix their offense first before they look at filling their holes on defense.

This is just my opinion though. I'm not going to knock the pick too much because Richardson is a nice talent, and would be a huge upgrade over Helu and the other RBs on the roster. I just think Shanahan has too much of a ego in regards to the RB position to consider drafting one in the first round.

The Shanahan "won't draft a RB" thing is way overblown IMO. He hasn't taken one because he goes BPA. However, he knows better than anyone how valuable a great RB is to a team. And in spite of past success, he hasn't been able to replicate turning a late rounder into a true load carrying RB for years. He hasn't (on the Redskins or Broncos) had a 1000 yard rusher since 2006 and hasn't had the same RB lead the team in rushing in consecutive years since Portis did it in 2002 and 2003.

Not coincidentally, he hasn't had a season above .500 since a 9-7 year in 2006 either.

IF RG3 or Claiborne had been available, one of them would have been the pick. But as this mock went, the value was too high and the need to great to not secure the best RB in the draft and finally have a franchise back to build around.
Share 49ersWebzone