LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 182 users in the forums

AB's 1st 2012 Collaborative Webzone Mock - Picks Thread - NE(49ersalldaway126) OTC

Over Poe? Interesting. Not the first "individual" draft choice from you but who cares. Alualu was picked 10th ovr and was graded as a 2nd-rounder.
Damn Brockers at 25th overall is pretty damn good
Originally posted by communist:
Over Poe? Interesting. Not the first "individual" draft choice from you but who cares. Alualu was picked 10th ovr and was graded as a 2nd-rounder.

Poe from what ive seen is graded from 2-3 rd NT choice. While Ta'amu was graded higher at 1-2 rd NT at 25th to the Texans it wasnt much of a reach. Plus with Phillips needing a true NT made some good sense. Almost went CB but decided against it since they needed more help with run d and getting the pass rushers even more room to hit the QB.
the patriots have a horrible defense they need to start rebuilding

they take the most talented defensive player avaliable and arguably a top 5 to top 10 talent in janoris jenkins

he is a great talent with shut down potential

great hands great speeds great instincts

he shut down many of the top CBs including aj green twice and blackmon
Green Bay shores up the secondary by selecting Alabama S Mark Barron.
i disagree with the ta'amu pick. He has fallen out of the first round due to his lack of penetration and wade phillips likes his NTs to be smaller in size
The Giants had a tough decision here, and with a long history of BPA trumping need, there was some defensive talent that drew strong consideration.

However, as Eli has emerged as an elite QB who could give them multiple SB shots over the next few years, address an aging line that will be affected by free agency and/or salary cap cuts is a must.

Even though Baas was just signed to a "5 year" contract, after 2012 there is no guaranteed money. Starters David Diehl and Kevin Boothe are both likely gone and/or upgraded next year and several of their backups are FAs as well.

With that in mind, NY takes one of the best and more versatile OL in the draft who can step in at guard right away and transition to center possibly as soon as during his rookie year. That allows them to move into 2013 with a solid LT in McKensie and have the interior manned by Snee, Baas and their new OL at either G or C.

The NY Giants select, Wisconsin C/G, Peter Konz

^^ That's a badazz pick right there.
man, i thought for sure he'd slip to the Ravens. Pick will be made in a few.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

He almost did, OT and DT were strong considerations, but Konz is just too good to pass up. DT isn't as pressing a need and the drop off from the C/G you can get here vs later is a bigger gap IMO than the OTs available later.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
^^ That's a badazz pick right there.

Thanks. I was pretty surprised he made it this far and knew he wouldn't make it out of the first round if I passed.
With the 29th pick in the 2012 NFL draft, the Baltimore Ravens select:

OLB Melvin Ingram, South Carolina

The Baltimore Ravens go with BPA and take pass rusher Melvin Ingram out of the University of South Carolina. The Ravens have had trouble finding another pass rusher opposite Suggs, and are happy to take Ingram at the end of the first round. Not their most glaring need, but a team as talented as the Ravens don't have a problem going with a BPA strategy. Finding replacements for some of their aging veterans remains a priority however.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

He almost did, OT and DT were strong considerations, but Konz is just too good to pass up. DT isn't as pressing a need and the drop off from the C/G you can get here vs later is a bigger gap IMO than the OTs available later.

The Ravens would definitely have taken Konz here at 29 if available. Seeing Birk hand over the reigns to a young stud like Konz would have been a dream scenario.
currently waiting on a response from another GM on a possible trade
Share 49ersWebzone