LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

• DFlo
  • Veteran
Hey guys, I've updated my mock draft for the 3/4 point of the season.

You can check it out here: http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/MockDraft2012.html

Let me know what you think. Would love to hear your feedback!

I've also added a Draft Order section that I will be updating weekly for the next 4 weeks
[ Edited by DFlo on Dec 11, 2011 at 7:09 AM ]
Looks like a weak draft for pass rushers. I wouldn't be mad if Upshaw fell to us. Where is Vinny Curry projected to go? We could use a speed rush to bring along.
[ Edited by strickac on Dec 11, 2011 at 7:32 AM ]
Nice job
Originally posted by strickac:
Looks like a weak draft for pass rushers. I wouldn't be mad if Upshaw fell to us. Where is Vinny Curry projected to go? We could use a speed rush to bring along.

I think he would do best in a 4-3. IMO, he is gonna move up draft boards, to about the 15-20 range. If we want a speed rusher, Bruce Irvin is the guy to get. He only weighs about 245, but he will probably run about a 4.45 40 time. I think he can work his way into the first with a strong combine, but he needs a ton of work against the run and in coverage
Nice read, I wonder if the Jags take Barkley instead of a CB there.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I want Michael Floyd.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 12, 2011 at 6:41 AM ]
if we dont sign a wr in fa i hope we draft 2 of them in the 1st 4 rds, this team needs to strike gold at the wr spot and overall play makers on offense.
Originally posted by strickac:

Not really. A lot of it depends on whether juniors come out or not, there are a ton of talented pass rushing underclassmen. They just aren't popping in mock drafts because its not certain they will enter the draft.

Potential 1st rounders are:
Quinton Couples
Whitney Mercilus
Ronnell Lewis
Courtney Upshaw
Melvin Ingram
Nick Perry

Others that may go early:
Bruce Irvin
Brandon Jenkins
Vinny Curry (I have him outside the 1st because I don't think he has as much speed as people think)
Alan Branch
Billy Winn
Brandon Lindsey
Cam Johnson
Chase Thomas

Mercilus, Ronnell Lewis, Perry, Brandon Jenkins are 4 guys that will shoot up draft boards if they come out.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Dec 12, 2011 at 5:40 PM ]
Curry just looks like natural pass rusher to me. He's quick and slippery.

This year is the least I've followed college football in years. I guess that's just a side effect of finally having a winning team.
  • DFlo
  • Veteran
Thanks for the comments/kind words guys.

It is a pretty down year for pass rushers. No real stand out guy. Coples is having a down season. Curry might be on his way up.

An underrated pass rusher is Zach Brown. He has an incredible burst and he can time the snap really well. Reminds me of a pure finesse Von Miller.

Barkley to the Jags is an interesting option

• flow
  • Veteran
Great-looking website, nice read.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Much rather have Chase Minnifield.
love it
nice, i would take that pick.

it would also suck if the rams go blackmon. he's a beast.
Originally posted by DFlo:
Thanks for the comments/kind words guys.

It is a pretty down year for pass rushers. No real stand out guy. Coples is having a down season. Curry might be on his way up.

An underrated pass rusher is Zach Brown. He has an incredible burst and he can time the snap really well. Reminds me of a pure finesse Von Miller.

Barkley to the Jags is an interesting option

Zach Brown a pass rusher?

I'm guessing you are taking that from here?
http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/6/23/2240372/zach-brown-2012-nfl-draft-prospect-notes
And the Von Miller comparison as well.

IMO, no way Brown compares to Von Miller, nor do I think Brown should be considered a pass rusher (he will be used as an occasional blitz, but thats it). He is a 4-3 OLB with sideline-to-sideline speed, with great pursuit, and decent coverage skills.

Edit: And I really don't get why Mercilus is getting no love. It reminds of Aldon Smith, none of the mock draft crowd gave him ANY love, but if they actually watched Aldon play, it was crystal clear he was an elite pass rusher. But because he was an underclassman with no previous success he doesn't have a name people are familiar with. And I think Mercilus does compare to Aldon fairly well, except less speed and more power. But he has that freakishly long arms and quick first step. One thing Ilike about Mercilus is that he beat O-lineman inside and outside, and was great on stunts and changing his angle of attack. Great motor, great hit power, great use of his hands and turnover machine. Mercilus is not a one trick pony when it comes to pass rushing.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Dec 13, 2011 at 10:46 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone