49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 576 users in the forums

Who is the top player in college football not named Andrew Luck?

Browse 49ers books and videos
Justin Blackmon gets my vote. The guy is such a monster at the receiver position. A close second would be Matt Kalil.
Blackmon or Kalil.

If it didnt matter position, I think the Arizona State ILB Vontaze Burfict is an amazing player, tackling machine. Also like Manti Te'o of Notre Dame.
Blackmon hands down.

His game will transfer over to the NFL, no doubt. He will be an impact WR from day 1.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Blackmon or Kalil.

If it didnt matter position, I think the Arizona State ILB Vontaze Burfict is an amazing player, tackling machine. Also like Manti Te'o of Notre Dame.

Talk about a Ray Lewis clone. He's an incredible prospect. He just needs to learn to stop over pursuing and running past running backs/receivers.
Jared Crick and Michael Floyd
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Jared Crick and Michael Floyd

2 More I like a lot.

Crick will fall a little, Floyd has been on fire, should be a top 15 pick.
I been big on Blackmon as well, and Claiborne the CB from LSU. Here's my top 5
1. Luck
2. Blackmon
3. Claiborne
4. Richardson
5. Teo

I think these guys all start from day 1, and have pro bowl potential at there respective positions
Whatever MadDog tells us
What would it take for us to get Michael Floyd? How far would we have to trade up? Like a Julio Jones trade
Kalil for me. Then Blackmon, Claiborne and Richardson
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
2 More I like a lot.

Crick will fall a little, Floyd has been on fire, should be a top 15 pick.

Yea i only see Crick falling because i don't see the need for Dlineman in the top ten especially because a lot of teams use the 3-4, Crick is undersized as a NT so most likley whatever team picks him will move him to end. I see a lot of offensive players being picked with the first ten picks. Yea Floyd is a monster ive really enjoyed watching him this year, he kinda reminds me of CJ with the way he attacks the ball.
[ Edited by Natewillis2252 on Nov 9, 2011 at 6:58 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
What would it take for us to get Michael Floyd? How far would we have to trade up? Like a Julio Jones trade

I am thinking 12-15 range is where he might end up. I dont think it would take a Julio Jones like trade. If picking 30th, I would think it would require our 30th pick, our 2nd or 3rd, plus a 4th or 5th, basically 2nd/5th plus 30, or 3rd/4th plus 30. Or trade our 2013 2nd.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
What would it take for us to get Michael Floyd? How far would we have to trade up? Like a Julio Jones trade

its hard to project him right now.

with all of the off field BS teams may pass on him
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
What would it take for us to get Michael Floyd? How far would we have to trade up? Like a Julio Jones trade

He will probably go somewhere outside the top 10. 10-20 would be my guess.....Carolina and Tennesse both need receivers and will be drafting in that area. It would take our #1, and a #1 next year or our 1,2 and 5.....Something like that. He could move past Alshon Jeffery as the #2 WR or drop to the 2nd round....If he runs a 4.3 vs. a 4.7.....
For the record, I like Floyd but not that much
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone