LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 294 users in the forums

Mocking the Webzone Draft Style

Welcome to the 2011 Webzone "mock" draft. I would like to start of by saying this is all in fun. I get caught up in the draft as much as the next guy. Its actually my favorite time of year here in the zone. If you can think of anymore things that make you laugh this time of year add them to the list.

And let the draft begin with the 1st selection.....

#1 The Mike Mayock guy
- Before the combine was aired on television this guy thought the term "tight hips" had something to do with oral sex. Now that hes watched Mayock the last three years at the combine he uses the term to describe every corner he doesn't like. Besides that he loves throwing out terms such as "great explosion", "nice dip", "good footwork" and "good on the white board"

#2 The Noob who joins and posts all day about his love for a certain prospect.
- It doesn't matter if he has a point. It doesn't matter if the thread is about a completely different player. He has to let you know this guy is the BOMB DIGGITY! Alright we get it.... your Ryan Mallets second cousin.

#3 The know it all
- He loves to tell other members "theres NO WAY player x gets past Cleveland. He scoffs at members who dare say Team Y will draft a qb. If a article comes out which disagrees with his views he uses the trump card.....SMOKESCREEN!

#4 The Draft "Insider"
- He uses terms like "I've heard" and "rumor has it" to paraphrase articles or twitter feeds he reads. He watches "Film" maybe "Tape" or as others non insiders might put it youtube highlight clips. The air of expertise wafts out of every syllable describing the inside workings of all 32 teams draft rooms.

#5 The "Robert Quinn would have been a top three pick if he had played this year" guy
- Sure thats possible but its also possible that he could have played last year and hurt his stock. Here are some early 2011 mock drafts from last year to illustrate my point.
SI 2011 mock
Kipers 1st big board
#6 The "Ricky Stanzi Bandwagon" guy
- Sure, he's not slated higher than a third round pick. Sure, there's no reason he'll be any better than say, Colt McCoy or Ryan Fitzpatrick. But since the 49ers don't really have a quarterback, you are going to ride the Stanzi-train all the way through draft weekend. And when the 49ers don't take him, you'll b***h and moan just like you did when Kory Sheets went to Miami.
Yeah I could probably add The (insert favorite qb here) fanboy guy.
I am still in my first year but have stalked the webzone for years. I always like the guy that wants to be the first to post that our pick(s) will be a bust. Doesn't matter who we get, someone will cry the second it happens.

There's also the multiple people guys that will let you know throughout the entire day that they will "cream in their pants" if something awesome happens. i predict you will see that at least 100 times today.
There's also the multiple people guys that will let you know throughout the entire day that they will "cream in their pants" if something awesome happens. i predict you will see that at least 100 times today.

rotfl
Spot On !!! laughing my arse off !!
Share 49ersWebzone