49ers vs. Commanders Tickets Available! →

There are 862 users in the forums

My Wish List Mock

Browse 49ers books and videos
That is a pretty short wish list. 3 players out of 10 picks if we trade one to move up for Kaepernick and give one to Tampa for Josh Johnson.
No, the scenario would give us 6-7 impact players. That's really about all you can expect if not more out of a draft.
Of effective do you think these players will be if there is a reduced preseason and training camps? Or even worse, no season at all and going into 2012 not playing a football game in over a year?
There seems to be so much talent on the defensive side of the ball, that I think it would be wise to reload our front 7. Here's what I would like to happen.

Trade our 1st for for a mid first and low first or high second.

Draft Phil Taylor and one of the 9 stud DE/OLB (1st & extra pick)

With our second pick grab a stud CB (Jimmy/Aaron) or another passrushing OLB. I would be open to nabbing a QB if they happen to fall, but dont reach. (2nd round pick)

With our third pick grab Stanzi or whoever they like at that point. (3rd Pick)

Go after Asomugh aggressively in FA.

I will "cream my pants" if that happened. Let these other clown teams reach for a non-franchise QB in a defensive rich draft.


Every year good teams show that great players are available in the mid and late first round. We are not just one CB or OLB away from being good. We need to replenish our defense.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Apr 27, 2011 at 12:13:26 ]
It would take much more than a 4th round pick to move from 45 to 21-28.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
There seems to be so much talent on the defensive side of the ball, that I think it would be wise to reload our front 7. Here's what I would like to happen.

Trade our 1st for for a mid first and low first or high second.

Draft Phil Taylor and one of the 9 stud DE/OLB (1st & extra pick)

With our second pick grab a stud CB (Jimmy/Aaron) or another passrushing OLB. I would be open to nabbing a QB if they happen to fall, but dont reach. (2nd round pick)

With our third pick grab Stanzi or whoever they like at that point. (3rd Pick)

Go after Asomugh aggressively in FA.

I will "cream my pants" if that happened. Let these other clown teams reach for a non-franchise QB in a defensive rich draft.


Every year good teams show that great players are available in the mid and late first round. We are not just one CB or OLB away from being good. We need to replenish our defense.

Just curious, am I the only guy on the board who thinks this makes the most sense?

P.S. who's suppose to protect our MVP (Willis) next year, Abario "Show me the money" Franklin? We saw how his play dropped off when OL was allowed to get their hands on him in the second level.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Apr 27, 2011 at 12:56:04 ]
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone