-
valrod33
- Hall of Small
-
- Posts: 138,120
My Prediction
Trade down to 10 and draft
[ Edited by valrod33 on Apr 26, 2011 at 07:28:24 ]
-
DaveWilcox
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 3,717
Prince..
Because:
>Peterson won't fall to #7
>Concerns about Quinn moving to 3-4 OLB and issues.
>Gabbert should be hanging around Mavericks with a long board.
>Fairley isn't good fit
Other possible outcome:
Trade down a few spots and draft
Prince and pick up another draft pick.
-
9erguy
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 3,367
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Prince..
Because:
>Peterson won't fall to #7
>Concerns about Quinn moving to 3-4 OLB and issues.
>Gabbert should be hanging around Mavericks with a long board.
>Fairley isn't good fit
Other possible outcome:
Trade down a few spots and draft
Prince and pick up another draft pick.
-
KezarLivin
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 3,902
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Prince..
Because:
>Peterson won't fall to #7
>Concerns about Quinn moving to 3-4 OLB and issues.
>Gabbert should be hanging around Mavericks with a long board.
>Fairley isn't good fit
Other possible outcome:
Trade down a few spots and draft
Prince and pick up another draft pick.
You are correct sir!
-
Gore_21
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 12,685
I say Prince or Quinn with us potentially moving down a few spots and still getting one of them. Better chance of moving down and getting Prince than Quinn IMO.
I would classify pick 7 as:
Awesome:
Patrick Peterson
Marcell Dareus
Trade Down and get an extra 1st or 2nd out of the deal.
AJ Green
Von Miller (I have lots of doubts on him but most would be elated)
Solid:
Quinn
Amukamara
Decent:
Nick Fairley (worried about fit & if he's one of those guys that gets lazy after $$$)
Cam Jordan
JJ Watt
Julio Jones
Could understand but would be disappointed
Gabbert
Newton
Bowers
Aldon Smith
-
NinerBuff
- The Election Dude
-
- Posts: 21,443
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I say Prince or Quinn with us potentially moving down a few spots and still getting one of them. Better chance of moving down and getting Prince than Quinn IMO.
I would classify pick 7 as:
Awesome:
Patrick Peterson
Marcell Dareus
Trade Down and get an extra 1st or 2nd out of the deal.
AJ Green
Von Miller (I have lots of doubts on him but most would be elated)
Solid:
Quinn
Amukamara
Decent:
Nick Fairley (worried about fit & if he's one of those guys that gets lazy after $$$)
Cam Jordan
JJ Watt
Julio Jones
Could understand but would be disappointed
Gabbert
Newton
Bowers
Aldon Smith
I like your list, but I'm higher on Gabbert than you are. But we'll see.
-
49erFaithful6
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 40,573
Players who WILL be off the board...
Newton
Dareus
Miller
Players who LIKELY are off the board
Peterson
Gabbert
Green
I don't think we are interested in Bowers or Fairley. The only real decision is Prince vs. Pass Rush and I feel they go pass rush. Therefore QUINN.
Quinn = final answer
Possible surprises:
Julio Jones is off the board instead of AJ Green
We pass on Gabbert who no one takes early
We land Peterson
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Apr 26, 2011 at 09:25:07 ]
-
pete98146
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 2,619
When pick #7 comes around I fully expect Peterson, Darius and Miller will be off the boards. We'll be staring at Gabbert scratching our heads on whether to pull the trigger or not. The phone will ring and it will be either Washington or Minnesota (or both) calling to trade up with SF.
We'll ultimately make the move with Minnesota to get more picks. Niners then slide back down to #12. Niners will have their eyes on Prince, Quinn or JJ Watt.
IF the Niners make their selection at #12 then magically Robert Quinn falls thru the cracks due to concerns about his tumor and the Niners swoop him up. So quasi-final answer: Quinn
I would NOT rule out another trade back tho with the intent of selecting Dalton and stockpiling more picks.
[ Edited by pete98146 on Apr 26, 2011 at 09:41:30 ]
-
Butter
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 2,484
Prince in the 1st
Justin Houston in the 2nd
-
jimbagg
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 5,093
Just a hunch, but, for the Niners first pick (at Overall #7 or involving a trade), I smell Jake Locker.
Incredible leadership skills, athleticism, toughness, and performance without a good surrounding team,. Locker has the "it" that Harbaugh is looking for.
Harbaugh has enough self-confidence that he believes that he can develop Locker's pocket presence and the accuracy that goes with it. Harbaugh has seen and prepared for Locker for 4 yerrs in the Pac 10. He knows Locker's strengths, like few other NFL decision-makers, and is confident that he (Harbaugh) can correct Locker's perceived weaknesses.
In the late rounds, also look for them to pick up Tyrod Taylor of Va Tech.
-
DaDivaRecieva15
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 37,974
Prince's idol is Jerry Rice
-
fakers23
- Member
-
- Posts: 1,715
49ers trade down and take Prince.. I don't see them taking a 4-3 DE which Quinn is..
[ Edited by fakers23 on Apr 26, 2011 at 12:51:43 ]
-
DaDivaRecieva15
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 37,974
Just hopefully the Cowboys don't take Prince first.
-
mayo49
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 65,216
Locker.