There are 336 users in the forums
Niners Top Five Needs List
Apr 24, 2011 at 4:30 AM
- Travisty13
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,269
Ponder should be in the QB list. I think he's not been spoke about much because we are trying to keep our thoughts on him secret. If you notice he's the perfect WCO QB yet we haven't really been out eyeing him up publicly. I think its a draft ploy by us so we can get him.
Apr 24, 2011 at 6:16 AM
- English
- Moderator
- Posts: 41,415
Whilst I certainly see the need for a NT and to a lesser extent for a running back - although fullback might be more of a need even though it will take a lower pick - I cant help thinking that receiver should be ahead of back.
No matter how good a back we get, they are unlikely to wrench Frank's starting role away from him. In our receiving corps surely only Crabtree is as secure.
Just a thought.
No matter how good a back we get, they are unlikely to wrench Frank's starting role away from him. In our receiving corps surely only Crabtree is as secure.
Just a thought.
Apr 24, 2011 at 11:17 AM
- m_brockalexander
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,379
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Ponder should be in the QB list. I think he's not been spoke about much because we are trying to keep our thoughts on him secret. If you notice he's the perfect WCO QB yet we haven't really been out eyeing him up publicly. I think its a draft ploy by us so we can get him.
Good call Travisty. I also don't get Mayo's fascination with Bruce Carter. He isn't a pass rusher and would be a much better fit in a 4-3. I would substitute Jabaal Sheard in his spot in the second.
Apr 24, 2011 at 11:59 AM
- KezarLivin
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,902
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:Originally posted by Travisty13:
Ponder should be in the QB list. I think he's not been spoke about much because we are trying to keep our thoughts on him secret. If you notice he's the perfect WCO QB yet we haven't really been out eyeing him up publicly. I think its a draft ploy by us so we can get him.
Good call Travisty. I also don't get Mayo's fascination with Bruce Carter. He isn't a pass rusher and would be a much better fit in a 4-3. I would substitute Jabaal Sheard in his spot in the second.
I agree, but I think he grabbed this list from Barrow's blog:
Link
Apr 24, 2011 at 12:02 PM
- fakers23
- Member
- Posts: 1,715
Mayo,I notice you don't have Stanzi on your list of possible Qbs.. Is that because you don't think he's an option for the 49ers or you just forgot?
Apr 24, 2011 at 2:00 PM
- mayo49
- Veteran
- Posts: 65,216
Originally posted by fakers23:
Mayo,I notice you don't have Stanzi on your list of possible Qbs.. Is that because you don't think he's an option for the 49ers or you just forgot?
This is just the top 3.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 24, 2011 at 2:07 PM ]