There are 643 users in the forums
my 7 cents mock draft (x2) ...
- 1 2
Apr 2, 2011 at 7:34 AM
- niners9
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,286
that would suck if peterson and miller were gone. but fairley isnt a horrible pick either, dont forget Prince if we went the CB route. if it was me running the team i would try and trade back in that scenario.
Apr 2, 2011 at 7:40 AM
- stever
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,820
Interesting, Jimmy Clausen must really suck if the Panthers select the Ravens offensive coordinator to be their quarterback
[ Edited by stever on Apr 2, 2011 at 8:07 AM ]
Apr 2, 2011 at 7:51 AM
- scoobyduu24
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,362
Originally posted by stever:
Interesting, Jimmy Claussen must really suck if the Panthers select the Ravens offensive coordinator to be their quarterback
Apr 2, 2011 at 8:01 AM
- kenger04
- Veteran
- Posts: 30
one question, did you read over your post before posting this? now I'm not trying to be a d*** but I have a hard time taking this serious when you can't even get Cam Newton's name right. also, this isn't such a big deal because nobody cares about him, but it's Jimmy Clausen QB for Carolina. Finally we currently run a 3-4 defense, don't let the article about how we should possibly switch to a 4-3 fool you, so as far as Fairley is concerned we really don't need a penetrating D-Lineman.
Apr 2, 2011 at 8:11 AM
- miked1978
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,629
I'd rather have Robert Quinn. Even if we switched to a 4-3 (which i doubt we do) we have enough big bodies to play DT. We would still need a pass rusher.
I bet Cam Cameron is stoked.
I bet Cam Cameron is stoked.
Apr 2, 2011 at 8:22 AM
- matt49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,658
we'e not going to a 4-3....even if Dareus, Peterson, Miller, Green, Gabbert are all gone I see us going Prince or Quinn or trading down.
Apr 2, 2011 at 8:22 AM
- 49Fever
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,763
Originally posted by scoobyduu24:Originally posted by stever:
Interesting, Jimmy Claussen must really suck if the Panthers select the Ravens offensive coordinator to be their quarterback
The guy has excellent skills
...
[ Edited by 49Fever on Apr 2, 2011 at 8:23 AM ]
Apr 2, 2011 at 8:24 AM
- 49Fever
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,763
Originally posted by kenger04:
one question, did you read over your post before posting this? now I'm not trying to be a d*** but I have a hard time taking this serious when you can't even get Cam Newton's name right. also, this isn't such a big deal because nobody cares about him, but it's Jimmy Clausen QB for Carolina. Finally we currently run a 3-4 defense, don't let the article about how we should possibly switch to a 4-3 fool you, so as far as Fairley is concerned we really don't need a penetrating D-Lineman.
Come on man !
his first name was Isaac ... Isaac Newton
...
Apr 2, 2011 at 9:07 AM
- dtg_9er
- Veteran
- Posts: 33,204
Originally posted by 49Fever:Originally posted by kenger04:
one question, did you read over your post before posting this? now I'm not trying to be a d*** but I have a hard time taking this serious when you can't even get Cam Newton's name right. also, this isn't such a big deal because nobody cares about him, but it's Jimmy Clausen QB for Carolina. Finally we currently run a 3-4 defense, don't let the article about how we should possibly switch to a 4-3 fool you, so as far as Fairley is concerned we really don't need a penetrating D-Lineman.
Come on man !
his first name was Isaac ... Isaac Newton
...
You have the first name now but the last name is Hayes...Isaac Hayes.
Apr 2, 2011 at 9:14 AM
- toeknee
- Veteran
- Posts: 54,571
I just wouldn't be happy with fairley, from some things I have read about him I get the feeling he will be a bust
Apr 2, 2011 at 9:30 AM
- LasVegasWally
- Veteran
- Posts: 24,886
I feel Quinn would be a better pick and/or trade back w/Minn to get another pick and get a very solid pick like JJ Watt.
Apr 2, 2011 at 10:59 AM
- BillWalsh
- Veteran
- Posts: 181
Umm we run a 3-4 defense. But it's not a bad idea if we actually did run a 4-3 then Nick Fairley can be a dominant D-lineman in that system. I think we would try and trade down or pick up Prince Amukamara in this situation.
Apr 2, 2011 at 11:22 AM
- Sjceruti
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,528
I don't get drafts with us taking Fairley...where does a 3 technique player fit into a 3-4 defense?
It doesn't.
It doesn't.
[ Edited by Sjceruti on Apr 2, 2011 at 11:23 AM ]
Apr 2, 2011 at 11:35 AM
- 9moon
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,293
if this is the case, i wouldnt stay at 7 and draft neither Fairley or Prince.. I would try to trade down a bit and shoot for Kerrigan... and if we happen to be stuck at the 7th spot, i'm gonna go out of my way and draft a TO like talent in Julio Jones..
- 1 2