There are 147 users in the forums

Quinn or Prince

Quinn or Prince

Prince or Quinn, both aren't bad picks at #7. I think Quinn has more upside, Prince has a higher floor. Won't be angry either way, although I prefer Quinn.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by chinawildman:
Like I said, the completions/targets stuff from player bios/scouting reports all come from different sources and depending on who did the stat compilation, a player may be considered in "coverage" by some but not by others.

The Joyner article was done by the SAME PERSON, evaluating the SAME PLAYERS. Take it for what it's worth. My question is why are we considering a guy at 7 who the lions aren't even sure they want at 13?

Why would we care who the Lions want? Their draft record isn't great. I wouldn't want to emulate it. Besides Suh and Calvin Johnson, their 1st round picks the last decade have not been worth much.

You could say the same for our 1st round picks, besides Willis and Davis who else has really done much of anything?

It's obvious you will continue to feel the way you do about Amukamara regardless of whatever stats/analysis are presented. I just hope our scouting department isn't as stubborn.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I would go Amukamara, really don't like Quinn's history of injuries and one year of missing football.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Easy - Robert Quinn
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
The Fresh Prince of SF

I was gonna say Quinn, but this made me change my mind.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
easily Quinn
Like I said, the completions/targets stuff from player bios/scouting reports all come from different sources and depending on who did the stat compilation, a player may be considered in "coverage" by some but not by others.

The Joyner article was done by the SAME PERSON, evaluating the SAME PLAYERS. Take it for what it's worth. My question is why are we considering a guy at 7 who the lions aren't even sure they want at 13?

Why would we care who the Lions want? Their draft record isn't great. I wouldn't want to emulate it. Besides Suh and Calvin Johnson, their 1st round picks the last decade have not been worth much.

You could say the same for our 1st round picks, besides Willis and Davis who else has really done much of anything?

It's obvious you will continue to feel the way you do about Amukamara regardless of whatever stats/analysis are presented. I just hope our scouting department isn't as stubborn.

Regardless of our 1st round draft history, that wasn't the point. Why would we "follow" what the Lions were doing? The NFL is a copycat league, but the Lions aren't a team I would want to copy.
No in regards to your "stats/analysis" that were presented. It was 1 analysis that was present, and I disproved alot of it. He didn't even give the full data. And in some of the data he was incorrect.

And your calling me stubborn? I'm not stubborn, but I'm not blindsided by flashy picks either. Everyone talks about how great Quinn is, but his "stats/analysis" don't back up him being a Top 10 pick. His sacks came against inferior competition. It's been proven by others on this board. 10 of his 11 sacks came against powerhouses (sarcasm intended) teams like: Citadel, East Carolina, Virginia, Georgia Southern, and Duke. His only other sack coming against Boston College. So against the big boys - UConn, Georgia Tech, Florida St., Virginia Tech, Miami (FL), NC State, and Pitt - Quinn had a big 0 Sacks and 5 TFL, his other 14 TFL came against inferior competition.
Robert Quinn's Tackle For Loss GameLog - 2009
Robert Quinn's Sack GameLog - 2009

Regardless of our 1st round draft history, that wasn't the point. Why would we "follow" what the Lions were doing? The NFL is a copycat league, but the Lions aren't a team I would want to copy.
No in regards to your "stats/analysis" that were presented. It was 1 analysis that was present, and I disproved alot of it. He didn't even give the full data. And in some of the data he was incorrect.

And your calling me stubborn? I'm not stubborn, but I'm not blindsided by flashy picks either. Everyone talks about how great Quinn is, but his "stats/analysis" don't back up him being a Top 10 pick. His sacks came against inferior competition. It's been proven by others on this board. 10 of his 11 sacks came against powerhouses (sarcasm intended) teams like: Citadel, East Carolina, Virginia, Georgia Southern, and Duke. His only other sack coming against Boston College. So against the big boys - UConn, Georgia Tech, Florida St., Virginia Tech, Miami (FL), NC State, and Pitt - Quinn had a big 0 Sacks and 5 TFL, his other 14 TFL came against inferior competition.

not many players produce till jr year he was one of the few pass rushers in ncaa history that did well which is why they predicted him to be the best pass rusher in a loong time this year but got suspended
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Quinn for the win !!!!
I would probably pick Quinn if I knew he could play the 3-4 OLB but I'm unsure. At this point, I'd take Prince. We need a young stud at CB. With OLB, at least we have a couple of young prospects that could maybe 'FLIP' the switch (Brooks, Lawson). You never know.
[ Edited by kronik on Apr 18, 2011 at 4:37 PM ]

to answer this question im leaning towards prince but would not be upset 1 bit if we took quinn
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

not many players produce till jr year he was one of the few pass rushers in ncaa history that did well which is why they predicted him to be the best pass rusher in a loong time this year but got suspended

It's still against weak competition. Ryan Kerrigan his Sophomore year had 7.0. Those sacks came against: Penn St., 2 vs. #9 Ohio St., 3 vs. Michigan, and a sack again #20 Iowa. That's a who's who of the Big 10, in his Soph. year.
Ryan Kerrigan Sack Total GameLog - 2008
Just saying, I don't believe the hype of Quinn. 1 year he produced against weaker competition and was absent vs. good teams. He has potential, but those guys are supposed to be picked in the later rounds, not Top 10.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

It's still against weak competition. Ryan Kerrigan his Sophomore year had 7.0. Those sacks came against: Penn St., 2 vs. #9 Ohio St., 3 vs. Michigan, and a sack again #20 Iowa. That's a who's who of the Big 10, in his Soph. year.
Ryan Kerrigan Sack Total GameLog - 2008
Just saying, I don't believe the hype of Quinn. 1 year he produced against weaker competition and was absent vs. good teams. He has potential, but those guys are supposed to be picked in the later rounds, not Top 10.

Sacks aren't everything with Quinn. He caused a lot of problems for opposing qbs without getting sacks. He also drew a bunch of holding penalties.

Did Demarcus Ware put up huge numbers against top teams?

....no he didn't.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
prince
worst case scenario, peterson and miller are gone by 7, we could trade back and take Prince @ 11.

He is still a very solid CB and would be a great addition to this team
Share 49ersWebzone