LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 305 users in the forums

Debated mock draft - SF OTC

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
I will make all the picks for this mock, but I want everyone's input. Please base this on what you THINK, NOT WANT. One I'm convinced, I'll update the pick and go on to the next one.

1. Car - Newton
2. Den - Peterson
3. Buf - Dareus
4. Cin - Gabbert
5. AZ - Von Miller
6. Cle - Bowers

I think this is PP, people seem to agree. They have decent ends, and I don't think Fox and Elway are going to take a guy with question marks over an elite prospect, who will have the benefit of learning the position from one of the greatest to ever play it. This will instantly give DEN an elite secondary.

Buffalo wants Kaepernik in the 2nd, so they pass QB and select the perfect DT for their 34 scheme.

Cincy has zero options. They have some receivers and like the players available in the 2nd. Their QB situation is dire. Palmer is NOT coming back. Gabbert it is.

Miller to AZ is a very easy pick at this point.

Today's reports confirmed my thoughts. Fairly is too immature for Holmgren's liking. Goes with the best defensive player on the board. Holmgren doesn't spend high profile picks on receivers--not on a rebuilding team.

SF is on the clock

AJ, Quinn, Fairly? Other?

[ Edited by RollinWith21n52 on Mar 15, 2011 at 1:59 PM ]
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
I will make all the picks for this mock, but I want everyone's input. Please base this on what you THINK, NOT WANT. One I'm convinced, I'll update the pick and go on to the next one.

1. Car -

Let's begin...

I'm really leaning towards Cam

Gabbert would also have to be in the mix along with Bowers. However, I am of the belief like Mayock that a franchise QB trumps all. Therefore, it would be between Gabbert and Newton.

I would lean toward Newton's upside more than Gabbert.
the question is: what system will they play...is it a strongarm-demanding air-coryell? i dont know anything about gabbert's arm so in this case i would say newton.

green is another possibility b/c smith is as good as done...DT is another possible alternative though they could get nice value with their 3rd-rounder as well.
bowers is an alternative b/c and i think ONLY b/c charles johnson could be gone....
I don't think t they will give up on Clausen yet. I bet they draft a QB in 3rd or 4th round, but go DL, DE with the #1 overall.
Newton or Blaine is who I think they will draft. I could easily see one of the d lineman as well. Not bad giving them Newton.
[ Edited by RollinWith21n52 on Mar 9, 2011 at 3:39 PM ]
This thread has no chance of success.

Good idea, but you can barely keep a mock going when it just relies on one person making a pick. Getting enough good feedback for each pick to make an intelligent selection is a pipe dream.
If I were Denver I would go Bowers, but think they go Peterson.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
This thread has no chance of success.

Good idea, but you can barely keep a mock going when it just relies on one person making a pick. Getting enough good feedback for each pick to make an intelligent selection is a pipe dream.

Probably right. But let's give it a shot
this thread wont last with a debate

i suggest making a poll change the poll every day for next team

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
this thread wont last with a debate

i suggest making a poll change the poll every day for next team

i prefer points, to a simple majority opinion
Denver goes Pat Peterson. As much as I want him to last until the Niners pick, it aint gonna happen. He runs a 4.34 and he is 220 lbs. That in itself is impressive, but he also has great technique. A lock down corner can make a defense. Look at the Jets. Revis allows them to leave him on an island and roll their coverages to the opposite side, effectively taking away both number one and two receivers. Plus Peterson is a great kick returner. Almost every expert considers him as the best player in the draft and Denver needs a corner opposite Champ Bailey.
Thoughts on who Buf takes? Leaning Dareus or Fairly...
1. Car - Newton
2. Den - Peterson
3. SF (from Buf) - Gabbert

Trade #7, 3rd rounder, 4th rounder, and next year's 2nd rounder

for #3
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
1. Car - Newton
2. Den - Peterson
3. SF (from Buf) - Gabbert

Trade #7, 3rd rounder, 4th rounder, and next year's 2nd rounder

for #3

NO WAY! not trading all of those picks for Gabbert...
[ Edited by kingkong916 on Mar 10, 2011 at 10:05 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone