LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 184 users in the forums

Prince

Peterson is better at more than just returning ability.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Agree. He's my choice if Peterson, Miller and Dareus are off the board. And I wouldn't be mad if we took him over Dareus either.
this...
i have to correct my self...if PP, Miller, Dareus AND quinn are off the board.

Personally, I'd take Prince over Quinn. Like the guy, but I'm scared drafting another Vernon Gholston or worse *gasp* Kentwan Balmer. I need more than 1 year of production to pick someone with a #7 overall. Just my opinion though.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Agree. He's my choice if Peterson, Miller and Dareus are off the board. And I wouldn't be mad if we took him over Dareus either.
this...
i have to correct my self...if PP, Miller, Dareus AND quinn are off the board.

Personally, I'd take Prince over Quinn. Like the guy, but I'm scared drafting another Vernon Gholston or worse *gasp* Kentwan Balmer. I need more than 1 year of production to pick someone with a #7 overall. Just my opinion though.
a legitimate argument, imo...but if we pick non-qb in the first, we surely will pick a qb in the 2nd...i.e. a pass-rusher will be drafted in the 3rd at the earliest.
so, thaddeus has to have a monstrous year.
Will blackmon vs prince watch the clip on youtube. He's gonna face receivers as good or better every week. I wouldn't touch prince unless we traded way down in the first. I would take Jimmy Smith from colorado over Prince.
prince has much better ball skills and is much more fluid ad more polished than peterson peterson has better size and is more athletic and has more upside
Originally posted by D-Money:
Will blackmon vs prince watch the clip on youtube. He's gonna face receivers as good or better every week. I wouldn't touch prince unless we traded way down in the first. I would take Jimmy Smith from colorado over Prince.

You must not have watched the clip on youtube. If you see, he gets beat on a jump ball, and a trick play. 80+ yards of Blackmon's yards came on the 1 trick play where he bit for a second and the Safety (#7 DeJon Gomes) bit hard and commited and left him high and dry. Safety should be just as responsible as Prince for that play. And if you see, Prince was with him the entire play and Blackmon just made a heck of a catch and run.
And if you see, Prince was with him the entire play and Blackmon just made a heck of a catch and run.
Agh. Yeah that's the problem. He also gave up two first downs and a huge pass interference penalty. Now I'm guessing will blackmon will most likely be a top ten pick next year so he isn't a slouch, but Prince got owned the whole game I can't imagine Larry fitzgerald and other teams number one wideouts not doing the same.

If we are going to take a cb at # 7 he has to be a shut down corner and I just don't see prince as that.
as long as we get one of them I will be happy
Amukamara is a very good corner and the Niners are in great position to select a bonafied starter in the upcoming draft whether it be Prince, Peterson, Quinn, Miller, or Dareus.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Amukamara is a very good corner and the Niners are in great position to select a bonafied starter in the upcoming draft whether it be Prince, Peterson, Quinn, Miller, or Dareus.
i hope that we dont screw this up.

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
as long as we get one of them I will be happy

The only way we screw this up, IMO, is if we select Newton or Gabbert. I really have nothing against those guys, but the defensive talent in the top 10 is too great to pass up on.
We better go CB or OLB.

The only way we screw this up, IMO, is if we select Newton or Gabbert. I really have nothing against those guys, but the defensive talent in the top 10 is too great to pass up on.
this

this
Share 49ersWebzone