LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 148 users in the forums

draft rumors and news

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Former NFL scout Dave Razzano "loves" Jake Locker, preferring the Washington QB to Auburn's Cam Newton and Mizzou's Blaine Gabbert.
"At Washington his line was always shaky," said Razzano. "He had more balls dropped than anyone in the Pac-10." Invoking Brett Favre comparisons, Razzano believes Locker can make the "big-time throws" with elite athletic ability plus he doesn't take sacks. Razzano is the same scout who compared Texas A&M OLB Von Miller to Vernon Gholston. He was reportedly fired from the 49ers for a vehement protest against the drafting of Alex Smith.
rotoworld.com

Has he actually seen game film of him in the pocket? I don't care what kind of excuses they come up for him, he is not good.

LoL nolan should have listened to this guy! I need a face palm picture!
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Former NFL scout Dave Razzano "loves" Jake Locker, preferring the Washington QB to Auburn's Cam Newton and Mizzou's Blaine Gabbert.
"At Washington his line was always shaky," said Razzano. "He had more balls dropped than anyone in the Pac-10." Invoking Brett Favre comparisons, Razzano believes Locker can make the "big-time throws" with elite athletic ability plus he doesn't take sacks. Razzano is the same scout who compared Texas A&M OLB Von Miller to Vernon Gholston. He was reportedly fired from the 49ers for a vehement protest against the drafting of Alex Smith.
rotoworld.com

Has he actually seen game film of him in the pocket? I don't care what kind of excuses they come up for him, he is not good.

He was fired from the Rams I believe. NOT SF!
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
rotoworld.com

Yeah he didnt even f**king work for us, he worked for the Rams. Rotoworld is retarded. Even if he was right on Smith that's not why he got fired in STL, he got fired for doing a s**tty job.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
rotoworld.com

Yeah he didnt even f**king work for us, he worked for the Rams. Rotoworld is retarded. Even if he was right on Smith that's not why he got fired in STL, he got fired for doing a s**tty job.

Clearly he can see a guy who can't do his job!
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
rotoworld.com

Clearly he can see a guy who can't do his job!

Oh really? He is the same dumbass that compared Von Miller to Vernon Gholston. They dont even play similarly. Gholston was a gigantic work out warrior who didnt have that good of a college career, Miller was a beast in college racking up 27 sacks in 2 years. Miller will be way better than Gholston ever would've been. He's a lot smaller, he's probably quicker, he plays tougher, and has a much better motor. He's a bit dirty. Gholston looked like tarzan and played like Jane. And just because Razzano was semi right on Alex Smith, that means he's right on every player?

No matter what he wants to bulls**t people with, HE DID NOT GET FIRED BECAUSE HE VEHEMENTLY OPPOSED ALEX SMITH. He got fired because the advice he was giving and decisions he was helping make in STL were bad, and they started losing. The Rams didnt even have the #1 pick that year. what happened was all their good players got old and the young guys they tried to replace them with didn't work out so well, and that's why from 04 on they've never been over .500 and only made the playoffs once(in 2004).
ESPN's Mel Kiper insisted on a media conference call Wednesday that he believes Arizona DE/OLB Brooks Reed will be a first-round pick.
"I have Brooks Reed of Arizona going in the late first," Kiper said. "You would have thought second. But I’ll say late first." Reed's stock is soaring after an outstanding ten-yard split at the Combine. We'd guess he'll go in the mid to late 20s on April 28, but it isn't out of the question for New England to fall in love with the Clay Matthews clone and pick him 17th.

rotoworld.com

He is getting hotter.
After watching USC tape, NFL Films guru Greg Cosell believes that Tyron Smith is the best tackle in the 2011 draft.
It's worth noting that Cosell was another analyst who predicted Vernon Gholston would bust in 2008, calling Gholston at the time an "undrafted free agent" type. Smith hasn't passed Anthony Castonzo on Mike Mayock's tackle board, but the general consensus seems to have Smith likely to be the first player drafted at his position. He'd be an ideal fit at No. 13 to Detroit.

rotoworld.com

I think he will end up in the top 15 also.
Colorado LT Nate Solder reported to the Buffaloes' Pro Day weighing just 307 pounds at 6-foot-8.
Solder weighed 319 pounds at the Combine. It's been just over two weeks since linemen weighed in in Indianapolis. As CBS Sports' Chad Reuter notes, "teams were already wondering if (Solder) could ... maintain weight during the season." Solder's sudden loss is concerning for one of this year's top linemen.

rotoworld.com

I've taken dumps that big ... still not that high on him. Think he goes 5th OT in the draft.
ESPN's Mel Kiper insisted on a media conference call Wednesday that he believes Arizona DE/OLB Brooks Reed will be a first-round pick.
"I have Brooks Reed of Arizona going in the late first," Kiper said. "You would have thought second. But I’ll say late first." Reed's stock is soaring after an outstanding ten-yard split at the Combine. We'd guess he'll go in the mid to late 20s on April 28, but it isn't out of the question for New England to fall in love with the Clay Matthews clone and pick him 17th.

rotoworld.com

He is getting hotter.

He was a guy I liked in the 2nd, sucks if true
Colorado LT Nate Solder reported to the Buffaloes' Pro Day weighing just 307 pounds at 6-foot-8.
Solder weighed 319 pounds at the Combine. It's been just over two weeks since linemen weighed in in Indianapolis. As CBS Sports' Chad Reuter notes, "teams were already wondering if (Solder) could ... maintain weight during the season." Solder's sudden loss is concerning for one of this year's top linemen.

rotoworld.com

I've taken dumps that big ... still not that high on him. Think he goes 5th OT in the draft.

I feel sorry for your anus.

That is a huge drop in the time frame though. Luckily we're not looking at him. Wonder if he was sick otherwise you really have to try hard to lose all that weight.

rotoworld.com

Brutal, and totally inexcusable word picture. Yikes!!!

This weight loss is not a good sign. He's a 6'8" OT that barely weighs 300. This OT class is pretty lumped together after Smith, and could go in so many different directions. It will truly be "beauty in the eye of the beholder" between Castonzo, Carimi, and Solder.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

rotoworld.com

Brutal, and totally inexcusable word picture. Yikes!!!
This weight loss is not a good sign. He's a 6'8" OT that barely weighs 300. This OT class is pretty lumped together after Smith, and could go in so many different directions. It will truly be "beauty in the eye of the beholder" between Castonzo, Carimi, and Solder.

NFLDraftScout.com's new top 10

Peterson
Miller
Dareus
Fairley
Bowers
Quinn
Green
Amukamara
Jones
Gabbert
Barrows wrote about this, if peterson and miller are gone I damn sure hope we draft cam jordan
Originally posted by teeohh:
Barrows wrote about this, if peterson and miller are gone I damn sure hope we draft cam jordan

Why not Quinn?

Cam Jordan is good but while we can use an upgrade over Soap the impact of improving the other DE spot but still not addressing our top 3 needs is minimal in comparison.

If we don't take a OLB, CB or QB at #7 we should trade down.
Share 49ersWebzone