There are 177 users in the forums

combine thread (watch live)

Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
Originally posted by excelsior:
I went to Scott Wright's website and saw where he reported the hand size of the QB prospects. Some are concerned about such things. As a basis of comparison, we can compare them to our "Small Hands" Smith, who, according to Chronicle writer C. W. Nevius, once reported Alex's at 9 3/8 ".

Kaepernick 9 1/8
Dalton 9 1/2
Locker 9 5/8
Newton 9 7/8
Stanzi 10
Ponder 10 1/4
Mallet 10 1/2

How big are Rodgers hands?

half the size of the Lombardi trophy?
these times are EST? from nfl's website

Camera 1
Time Group Drill
9:00am 1 - OL,PK,ST 40-Yard Dash
10:00am 1 - OL,PK,ST Positional Skill Drills
10:45am 1 - OL,PK,ST Vertical Leap & Broad Jump
11:45am 1 - OL,PK,ST Three-Cone & Shuttle Drill
12:30pm 3 - TE 40-Yard Dash
1:15pm 3 - TE Positional Skill Drills
2:15pm 3 - TE Vertical Leap & Broad Jump
3:00pm 3 - TE Three-Cone & Shuttle Drill

Time Group Drill
9:00am 4 - QB, WO 40-Yard Dash
10:00am 4 - QB, WO Positional Skill Drills
11:00am 4 - QB, WO Vertical Leap & Broad Jump
11:45am 4 - QB, WO Three-Cone & Shuttle Drill
12:30pm 6 - RB 40-Yard Dash
1:30pm 6 - RB Positional Skill Drills
2:30pm 6 - RB Vertical Leap & Broad Jump
3:30pm 6 - RB Three-Cone & Shuttle Drill
Someone wanted to know Aaron Rodger's hand size as a comparison. I did my Google research and discovered that his are the same as Alex's - 9 3/8.
Originally posted by excelsior:
Someone wanted to know Aaron Rodger's hand size as a comparison. I did my Google research and discovered that his are the same as Alex's - 9 3/8.

Thanks. Those "small hands" were bought up when the ball slipped out of Alex's hand during a few throws, but I remember reports saying Alex's "small hands" were bogus. And it apparently is.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Let's Play Good Day-Bad Day:

Bad Day:
1) Cam Newton- He has a great personality, but is not eliminating the perception that he is a guy surrounded by too many voices and distractions. I can't see him sliding past Daniel Snyder at 10, but there are so many off the field questions that I find him unlikely to go at 1 or 3, as many suspect.

Jason Cole disagrees:

"Newton gets the big picture. He’s comfortable under the microscope. He welcomes the attention and the question."

"Newton shines"

"Arkansas’ Ryan Mallett saw his draft stock crumble and Auburn’s Cam Newton kept his soaring."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-newtonmallettinterviews022611
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Feb 27, 2011 at 4:56 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Bad Day:
1) Cam Newton- He has a great personality, but is not eliminating the perception that he is a guy surrounded by too many voices and distractions. I can't see him sliding past Daniel Snyder at 10, but there are so many off the field questions that I find him unlikely to go at 1 or 3, as many suspect.

Jason Cole disagrees:

"Newton gets the big picture. He’s comfortable under the microscope. He welcomes the attention and the question."

"Newton shines"

"Arkansas’ Ryan Mallett saw his draft stock crumble and Auburn’s Cam Newton kept his soaring."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-newtonmallettinterviews022611

Ya, Newton's been getting great reviews. He's answering every question and is eloquent in doing so.

2) Ryan Mallett carries more flags than communists at a Mao Zedong rally. I still think a team is crazy enough to burn a mid-late 2nd rounder on the kid, but I'd be surprised if he is even on half of the NFL boards by the time of the draft. The kid obviously has a past with drug usage, and the only way to bury that story is to be forthcoming with the media and teams.

He was awful with the media because they were hounding him, but is supposedly really hitting it off with his fellow combine mates and coaches/gm's.

To say he "obviously has a past w/ drug usage" is untrue. He never failed a drug test at Arkansas. Stop spreading your propaganda.

Worst he's been found of is public intoxication. Pretty sure thats every college student. Ever.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

2) Ryan Mallett carries more flags than communists at a Mao Zedong rally. I still think a team is crazy enough to burn a mid-late 2nd rounder on the kid, but I'd be surprised if he is even on half of the NFL boards by the time of the draft. The kid obviously has a past with drug usage, and the only way to bury that story is to be forthcoming with the media and teams.

He was awful with the media because they were hounding him, but is supposedly really hitting it off with his fellow combine mates and coaches/gm's.

To say he "obviously has a past w/ drug usage" is untrue. He never failed a drug test at Arkansas. Stop spreading your propaganda.

Worst he's been found of is public intoxication. Pretty sure thats every college student. Ever.

He's a drug user, if not currently then in the past.

When you're asked 50 times if you used and you say every single time "I'm not here to talk about that" that means you used.

If he didn't use he'd adamantly deny using, which he is not doing.
Mallet needs Cam Newton's entourage to help him out which I think is complete BS.

When a team drafts Newton, are they drafting all of his entourage too? Is his dad going to be there at practice and request to talk to the coach whenever he feels the need too?

Newton needs to distance himself. He's no longer a kid and doesn't need daddy by his side at all times anymore. It's time to do stuff on his own.
Locker ran a 4.51 un
Kaepernick 4.53 un
Gabbert 4.61 un

Originally posted by DANADA:
Locker ran a 4.51 un
Kaepernick 4.53 un
Gabbert 4.61 un

Gabbert's a little faster than I would have guessed.
AJ Green 4.48 un
L Hankerson 4.47 un
J Jones 4.39 un
[ Edited by DANADA on Feb 27, 2011 at 7:07 AM ]
Julio Jones 4.43 and looked unhappy with it.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Mallet needs Cam Newton's entourage to help him out which I think is complete BS.

When a team drafts Newton, are they drafting all of his entourage too? Is his dad going to be there at practice and request to talk to the coach whenever he feels the need too?

Newton needs to distance himself. He's no longer a kid and doesn't need daddy by his side at all times anymore. It's time to do stuff on his own.

lol..... The rest of the WORLD is bringing Cam's dad up , that is why he is being talked about.

Cam's entourage...... are PROFESSIONALS that are helping to build a successful NFL QB.
Share 49ersWebzone