There are 219 users in the forums

Mid to Late Round RBs

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
What do you guys think about all these early round RBs coming to visit the Niners? Smoke Screen? What does that say about Gore and Dixon? Man, I can't wait for the season to start.

Due diligence. If they have a guy who falls to them in the 3rd or 4th round, they will take one.

I personally hope they get Murray.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
What do you guys think about all these early round RBs coming to visit the Niners? Smoke Screen? What does that say about Gore and Dixon? Man, I can't wait for the season to start.

Due diligence. If they have a guy who falls to them in the 3rd or 4th round, they will take one.

I see this as proof that Dixon is not an every down back as I suggested. He has the physical ability, but not the mental toughness.
Originally posted by Schulzy:

I see this as proof that Dixon is not an every down back as I suggested. He has the physical ability, but not the mental toughness.

I don't think he's an every down back either. I think he dances too much in the hole. Also unproven in the pass game.
We'll finally see the Taiwan Jones show this Thursday. It'll be very interesting to hear the results of that workout.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
We'll finally see the Taiwan Jones show this Thursday. It'll be very interesting to hear the results of that workout.

I can't wait to see how he does. Kiper isn't a fan of him, but I definitely am. I can't wait to see what he does. Speaking of Kiper:
Quote:
Speaking of running backs, Kiper says Taiwan Jones will probably drop the last three rounds or so of the draft, though he did note that Jones has "game breaking ability." Jones has his pro day scheduled for April 14. Some expect him to run a 4.2 forty.
NFL Draft Rumors
Kiper thinks he'll be there at the end of the draft. If he slips past the 3rd Round. I hope we use one of our 4ths on him.
Wes Bunting of National Football Post likes Jamie Harper as a late round selection:

4. RB Jamie Harper: Clemson (5-11, 233)
Harper lacks the type of great straight-line speed to go overly high. However, when you watch this big back run, he displays an impressive feel in tight areas, exhibits the wiggle to consistently make a defender miss and is impressive catching the football out of the backfield. It’s rare to find a “bigger” back as sudden/coordinated in both the run and pass game as Harper and I think he’s one of the few backs in this year’s class with starting potential at the next level. Is in the Michael Bush mold.
Originally posted by PTulini:
I guess we're definitely looking for a "change of pace" RB now. The 49ers are bringing in Kendall Hunter for a visit on Monday, then they are expected to attend Eastern Washington RB Taiwan Jones' workout on Thursday.

I would be absolutely ecstatic to land either of these two. Both are electrifying players on the field. 49ers have their sights set on the right people looking at these two individuals.

I love Kendall Hunter, but I think his raw receiving abilities are going to doom him as a 49er prospect. I just don't see the team, switching to the WCO, selecting him. Who knows, maybe I am wrong on this one. Maybe a Derrick Locke, who has terrific hands as a mid-round, change of pace back, who can also return kicks.

I know you will be following Jones' forty time this Thursday. Should be fun to watch.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Apr 12, 2011 at 10:36 AM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I guess we're definitely looking for a "change of pace" RB now. The 49ers are bringing in Kendall Hunter for a visit on Monday, then they are expected to attend Eastern Washington RB Taiwan Jones' workout on Thursday.

I would be absolutely ecstatic to land either of these two. Both are electrifying players on the field. 49ers have their sights set on the right people looking at these two individuals.

I love Kendall Hunter, but I think his raw receiving abilities are going to doom him as a 49er prospect. I just don't see the team, switching to the WCO, selecting him. Who knows, maybe I am wrong on this one. Maybe a Derrick Locke, who has terrific hands as a mid-round, change of pace back, who can also return kicks.

I know you will be following Jones' forty time this Thursday. Should be fun to watch.

I wouldn't mind Locke either. Hunter and Jones I think might be able to do more offensively, but you're right -- Like Jones, Locke adds an element of ST's value with KR ability.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

I wouldn't mind Locke either. Hunter and Jones I think might be able to do more offensively, but you're right -- Like Jones, Locke adds an element of ST's value with KR ability.

Why would we need that when we are drafting Patrick Peterson in the first...

I wonder if we're looking for an eventual replacement for Frank Gore?
[ Edited by PTulini on Apr 13, 2011 at 6:37 PM ]

Kendall Hunter is a straight baller. He's got tremendous vision and reminds me alot of Gore with his ability to have his legs and head act independently of each other.
Taiwan Jones ran a 4.33 40 while at about 90% health-wise. I hope this kid falls to us somehow.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Taiwan Jones ran a 4.33 40 while at about 90% health-wise. I hope this kid falls to us somehow.

Where to? 2nd round?

Where to? 2nd round?
He's projected 2nd-3rd Rounder. I'm hoping other teams pass on him til the 4th where we can grab him. Looks like he solidified his 2nd-3rd Rd. grade though.

Where to? 2nd round?
He's projected 2nd-3rd Rounder. I'm hoping other teams pass on him til the 4th where we can grab him. Looks like he solidified his 2nd-3rd Rd. grade though.

He has game-breaking ability for sure, but he has an absolutely insane history of injuries going all the way back to high school. Take a look...

2010: Broken foot.
2009: hand injury, shoulder injury, hip flexor injury, surgery on sports hernia
2008: Broken leg.
High school: Broken fibula and an ankle injury.

Considering this, he could fall to the 3rd, but I don't think any further.
Share 49ersWebzone