There are 625 users in the forums
Sjceruti's Pre Senior Bowl 32 Team 1st Round Mock
Jan 27, 2011 at 10:20 AM
- jreff22
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,409
Cle went back to a 4-3
Jan 27, 2011 at 10:36 AM
- GhostofFredDean74
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 30,082
CAR has 4 young and really talented DEs (Charles Johnson who was 7th in the league in sacks with 11.5, Everette Brown who cost them a 1st rounder and Greg Hardy who was considered a blue-chip pass rush prospect before the 2010 season, and had 3 sacks as a rookie with limited playing time).
They have nothing at DT.
They have nothing at DT.
Jan 27, 2011 at 11:36 AM
- TMays_isaBEAST23
- Veteran
- Posts: 187
I think it makes more sense to grab Ras-I Dowling in the 2nd if he's there or the guy from Colorado whose name I can't remember at the time.
Jan 27, 2011 at 12:16 PM
- TalkinBoutWILLIS
- Veteran
- Posts: 467
the only way we could afford to not grab a cb with 1 -2 maybe even 1-3 is if we land a stud in FA
Jan 27, 2011 at 12:44 PM
- Sjceruti
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,528
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
the only way we could afford to not grab a cb with 1 -2 maybe even 1-3 is if we land a stud in FA
I see you're point and there may be some truth but if Austin's there I dont see how we could pass him.
Also there are several CB free agents we could grab plus we could make Nate restructure.
Jan 27, 2011 at 12:45 PM
- mayo49
- Veteran
- Posts: 65,216
I think Arizona is more apted to pick Green with Fitzerald possibly leaving.
Jan 27, 2011 at 1:06 PM
- jreff22
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,409
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think Arizona is more apted to pick Green with Fitzerald possibly leaving.
yep
Jan 27, 2011 at 3:50 PM
- Sjceruti
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,528
Originally posted by jreff22:Originally posted by mayo49:
I think Arizona is more apted to pick Green with Fitzerald possibly leaving.
yep
I just cant possibly see this happening.
Jan 27, 2011 at 4:07 PM
- jreff22
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,409
Originally posted by Sjceruti:Originally posted by jreff22:Originally posted by mayo49:
I think Arizona is more apted to pick Green with Fitzerald possibly leaving.
yep
I just cant possibly see this happening.
insurance policy and possibly BPA
Jan 27, 2011 at 4:10 PM
- Sjceruti
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,528
Originally posted by jreff22:Originally posted by Sjceruti:Originally posted by jreff22:Originally posted by mayo49:
I think Arizona is more apted to pick Green with Fitzerald possibly leaving.
yep
I just cant possibly see this happening.
insurance policy and possibly BPA
That team has so many other needs.
Plus behind Fitz they have a pretty good young receiving corp.
Not a chance. They need just about every position besides WR and DL.
Jan 27, 2011 at 5:44 PM
- jreff22
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,409
Originally posted by Sjceruti:Originally posted by jreff22:Originally posted by Sjceruti:Originally posted by jreff22:Originally posted by mayo49:
I think Arizona is more apted to pick Green with Fitzerald possibly leaving.
yep
I just cant possibly see this happening.
insurance policy and possibly BPA
That team has so many other needs.
Plus behind Fitz they have a pretty good young receiving corp.
Not a chance. They need just about every position besides WR and DL.
Fitz is in his last year under contract, IF they franchise him he has to be paid over 20 million. Fitz is the dominant WR, nobody else requires a double. If they continue to suck Fitz could look for a better team that's contending, Arz will not be on top of the Div again. Another bad year for Whiz and he could be out, Boldin made a good move, Fitz could do the same but have more options. I still think they go with Gabbert but even then it doesn't mean he will do well.
A team that has many needs means they can get better everywhere. We don't need a WR but if he fell we could take him....never count a top player out of consideration for any team.
Jan 27, 2011 at 5:57 PM
- frenchmov
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,160
az cannot franchise tag fitzgerald after this year even if they want to. nor can they trade him based on the current contract agreement.
fitz is gone after this year if he wants to be
fitz is gone after this year if he wants to be
Jan 27, 2011 at 6:16 PM
- jreff22
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,409
Originally posted by frenchmov:
az cannot franchise tag fitzgerald after this year even if they want to. nor can they trade him based on the current contract agreement.
fitz is gone after this year if he wants to be
3/11/2008: Signed a four-year, $40 million contract w/NTC. The deal contains $30 million guaranteed, including a $15 million signing bonus, and a $9 million option bonus and $3.1 million roster bonus in the second year. If Fitzgerald is franchise tagged in 2012, he must be paid $23 million that season. 2011: $7 million, 2012: Free Agent
and this which I havent seen yet
NESN.com reports the Cardinals could make Larry Fitzgerald available in trade "for the right price."
The Cardinals aren't trying to "actively unload" Fitz, and NESN.com freely admits their sources don't know if the team has had any "legitimate" discussions about trading their star receiver. We suspect any team wishing to acquire Fitz would have to blow Arizona's socks off with a package of early-round draft picks and a viable starting quarterback. Fitzgerald's contract is up after next season. He's made it clear that he doesn't want to stick around if the Cardinals aren't going to be a serious contender.
Jan 27, 2011 at 6:25 PM
- ishkabibel
- Veteran
- Posts: 696
Dalton in the 3rd would be sweet, but I don't see him dropping that far. But who knows.