LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 441 users in the forums

2011 NFL Draft: CB class

Quote:
Todd McShay: Finally got to study 2010 coach-copy tape on Colorado CB Jimmy Smith. Silky smooth for 6-2. Might be second best CB behind LSU's Patrick Peterson.

[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 26, 2011 at 23:28:44 ]
I would love to get him in the 2nd round. I think when its all said and done he will move into the 1st round though.
I love to see a fellow Buff getting some love. Smith and Jalil Brown are bog pretty solid cover guys. By the time April rolls around Smith might be looking at the mid-late 1st.

Prince's value might to take a dip (on the WZ). I doubt he was ever viewed as a top-10 pick or a legit option at #7. He's a polished CB, but I could see him getting picked around #15 or so.
LSU's Patrick Peterson is a sure fire top 5 pick.
What do you guys think Virginia Tech CB Rashad Carmichael

Originally posted by strickac:
I love to see a fellow Buff getting some love. Smith and Jalil Brown are bog pretty solid cover guys. By the time April rolls around Smith might be looking at the mid-late 1st.

Prince's value might to take a dip (on the WZ). I doubt he was ever viewed as a top-10 pick or a legit option at #7. He's a polished CB, but I could see him getting picked around #15 or so.

GO Buffs!

Hope he falls into the second!
Originally posted by PTulini:
What do you guys think Virginia Tech CB Rashad Carmichael

I love Rock Carmichael.

Good intangibles, I think we could get him in rd 3 or 4, but u never know, we could see a run on T's and CB's.
Von Miller in the first, this kid in the 2nd, and a qb to groom behind Smith in the 3d
Bottom line, we need speed and playmaking ability in our secondary immediately. Right now, we're everything we shouldn't be at the starting CB position:

~old
~slow
~lacking playmakers

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 28, 2011 at 01:33:02 ]
i only watched the first video and my only concern is his tackling ability. maybe it was just a bad showcase but it looked like he went high every single time. didnt get low at all. you are not going to be able to tackle people in the NFL standing straight up. any comments on whether he does that a lot?

Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:
Todd McShay: Finally got to study 2010 coach-copy tape on Colorado CB Jimmy Smith. Silky smooth for 6-2. Might be second best CB behind LSU's Patrick Peterson.

We have to look at film first
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
i only watched the first video and my only concern is his tackling ability. maybe it was just a bad showcase but it looked like he went high every single time. didnt get low at all. you are not going to be able to tackle people in the NFL standing straight up. any comments on whether he does that a lot?

Someone on another board put up that he only gave up 11 completions in 2 years. However, most said he is a horrible tackler and will get dragged and miss a lot. That's a big issue but might be worth it at 45.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Bottom line, we need speed and playmaking ability in our secondary immediately. Right now, we're everything we shouldn't be at the starting CB position:

~old
~slow
~lacking playmakers

In 1981 Bill Walsh selected Ronnie Lott, Eric Wright, and Carlton Williamson with the first 3 picks of the draft and they all started right away in the backfield. Maybe the Niners should do the same thing and pick Prince and Smith. I seriously doubt they would do that but it wouldnt be the worst thing ever.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

~old
~slow
~lacking playmakers

In 1981 Bill Walsh selected Ronnie Lott, Eric Wright, and Carlton Williamson with the first 3 picks of the draft and they all started right away in the backfield. Maybe the Niners should do the same thing and pick Prince and Smith. I seriously doubt they would do that but it wouldnt be the worst thing ever.

Me and a buddy were talking about that last night, id be happy with that
Originally posted by NTeply49:
Von Miller in the first, this kid in the 2nd, and a qb to groom behind Smith in the 3d

I would be excited if we got Miller & Smith with our first two picks!
Share 49ersWebzone