49ers vs. Commanders Tickets Available! →

There are 678 users in the forums

Bowl Week Prospect Watch #3 (Jan. 1 - 4)

Browse 49ers books and videos
Shaky start by Pryor.
Mallet throws lasers damn!!!
Wow what a play by the receiver.
Mallet is looking very sharp. Love the kids release and seems pretty shifty in the pocket.
I don't know why, but I hate Tressel's stupid sweaters. Always have.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Mallet throws lasers damn!!!

He reminds me of basically a more wild, slightly less mobile Matt Stafford. Mallet has TREMENDOUS upside, but he terrifies me because of some of the decisions he makes at times.

The thing is, however, I do feel he can be a superstar in the NFL if he lands with the right coach and learns how to put a little more touch on some throws.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Wow what a play by the receiver.

Williams in my mind is the best TE prospect this year in the Nation. If we needed a TE, I'd say go get him. Atlanta could be a prime target picking late in the 1st.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Mallet throws lasers damn!!!

He reminds me of basically a more wild, slightly less mobile Matt Stafford. Mallet has TREMENDOUS upside, but he terrifies me because of some of the decisions he makes at times.

The thing is, however, I do feel he can be a superstar in the NFL if he lands with the right coach and learns how to put a little more touch on some throws.

Like that.
Mallet is looking REALLY GOOD out there.

And that "down by contact" was buls**t. You're going to say he was down because the edge of his wrist touched instead of the back of his hand? lol.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Mallet throws lasers damn!!!

He reminds me of basically a more wild, slightly less mobile Matt Stafford. Mallet has TREMENDOUS upside, but he terrifies me because of some of the decisions he makes at times.

The thing is, however, I do feel he can be a superstar in the NFL if he lands with the right coach and learns how to put a little more touch on some throws.

Like that.

I think he's very comparable to Stafford. Mallet actually has better numbers but numbers don't tell the whole story. Stafford was also a guy with huge upside but questions about his accuracy.
Been kinda "meh" on Mallett this year... but damn, he looks relaxed and is throwing nice strikes so far. Too bad on the drops, but still... looking good.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,131
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Mallet throws lasers damn!!!

He reminds me of basically a more wild, slightly less mobile Matt Stafford. Mallet has TREMENDOUS upside, but he terrifies me because of some of the decisions he makes at times.

The thing is, however, I do feel he can be a superstar in the NFL if he lands with the right coach and learns how to put a little more touch on some throws.

Like that.

I think he's very comparable to Stafford. Mallet actually has better numbers but numbers don't tell the whole story. Stafford was also a guy with huge upside but questions about his accuracy.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Stafford have a real good go-to receiver in college?
Pryor not really impressing me that much. Not adjusting the play to counter the blitz, doing a piss poor job of holding onto the ball, the should-have-been pick, not to mention not being all that accurate and limiting YAC ability.
I think Chewka just broke his arm/wrist.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think Chewka just broke his arm/wrist.

Damn I was really looking forward to watching him play. His stats looked very good but wanted to see him in person. He had good coverage on that play though.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone