There are 207 users in the forums

The Ryan Mallett Bandwagon

Originally posted by Jcool:
Ryan Mallett will be know as the first QB to be sacked 80 times in a season

What are you basing this on? His 40 time? Here's a little fact for you. Ryan Mallett was sacked on average once every 17 pass attempts. Cam Newton (who is largely regarded as the most athletic QB)? Once every 13.
Originally posted by chinawildman:

What are you basing this on? His 40 time? Here's a little fact for you. Ryan Mallett was sacked on average once every 17 pass attempts. Cam Newton (who is largely regarded as the most athletic QB)? Once every 13.

Cam Newton also played like a run first type of QB.
Originally posted by backontop:
Won't happen.

If the niners run their draft board off of Kiper and Mayock then probably not. If they had any balls to base their board off of what they actually see, then I think you'll be surprised.

lol while were at it lets have the balls and get anthony costanzo because he isnt supposed to go on our big board

mallet has no brain on or off the field he has horrible decision making
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Not that I agree BUT...you never know with the draft. Anything can happen.

Ok how about your boy Stanzi? Once every 18. Better than Mallett, but not enough for to make any kind of argument that Mallett will get sacked an inordinate amount of times. Not to mention Mallett had to consistently face top SEC defenses.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Not that I agree BUT...you never know with the draft. Anything can happen.

u can tell that 49ers are grading mallet as a 2nd round qb he came in with dalton kaep ponder all are 2nd round qb i agree anything can happen but he isnt worth and wont be taken as a top 10 pick

Ok how about your boy Stanzi? Once every 18. Better than Mallett, but not enough for to make any kind of argument that Mallett will get sacked an inordinate amount of times. Not to mention Mallett had to consistently face top SEC defenses.

I wasn't the one that brought up sacks. I just don't like Mallet as a QB.
I can see us trying to get him with our second pick but not the first.
Is there some time of rule that you have to less than 25 posts to be on the Ryan Mallett bandwagon.

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Is there some time of rule that you have to less than 25 posts to be on the Ryan Mallett bandwagon.

seems that way
Originally posted by tjd808185:

So does that been you're not on the bandwagon then?
Please do me a favor and look up some mock drafts done WITH Andrew Luck. Most of the recent ones were done around the Bowl games. Mallett was more or less the consensus #2 QB around that time going anywhere from #2-#15 in the first round.

Yet now 4 months later, no games played and he's dropped to round 2, even 3... Because he was arrested for PI when he was 20?

The guy has better stats than Peyton Manning did in his final year playing in the same SEC, yet he's a poor decision maker?

For the haters, try reading this article with an open mind and perhaps you will change your stance:

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/hyde/blog/2011/03/draft_winds_lies_damn_lies_and_1.html
Im not sure if I want Mallett, maybe if he is available when we pick in the 2nd round but definitely not at 7
the NFL draft was rumored to have as many as 5 quarterbacks go in the first round. There was a highly touted athletic QB out of Stanford, who had become the consensus #1 pickā€¦ as well as another strong armed QB further out east who was equally successful in college. However this kid had some off the field questions including maturity issues and rumors of alleged drug use. He wasn't fast and mobile, and with his "character" called into question, many teams were scared off and it was predicted he would fall on draft day.

The year of course was 1983. And the QB that fell is Dan Marino, chosen with the next to last pick in the 1st round, the 6th and last QB chosen in the first round that year.

If Harbaugh is indeed the QB guru that we all would like him to be. He will see the talent that Ryan Mallett brings to the field and not make the same mistake.

Ryan Mallett at 7 on draft day, expect it.

knowing the niners luck, he will tire of football and become a background singer for Eminnem
Share 49ersWebzone