LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 289 users in the forums

Greg Childs

• titan
  • Veteran
A totally different WR than Crabtree. Almost exact same measurements as Larry Fitzgerald and plays a lot like him.
Originally posted by titan:
A totally different WR than Crabtree. Almost exact same measurements as Larry Fitzgerald and plays a lot like him.

He looks sick!!! He made such a clutch catch a minute ago. Let's get this guy and bump J. Morgan out of the starting lineup!
  • titan
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for titan.
^^^The way the NFL is going with Jump balls and Fade routes it may not get better than him this year.
I like him a lot but he might not come out this year, he's only a junior. But he has a lot of potential. 6'3'' 220 or so, reminds me a bit of a baby TO. We could maybe get Greg Little from UNC who was going to have a break out season in the 3rd or 4th though and they're kinda similar.
Originally posted by titan:
^^^The way the NFL is going with Jump balls and Fade routes it may not get better than him this year.

+1
greg childs has a mid-round steal
  • sfout
  • Veteran
totally terrible way to make a thread but yes Childs in the 3rd would be fantastic.
Originally posted by sfout:
totally terrible way to make a thread but yes Childs in the 4th or 5th would be fantastic.

I fixed it for you. Dude's gonna slide quite a bit down, I'll be shocked if he's picked before the mid 5th round.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
totally terrible way to make a thread but yes Childs in the 4th or 5th would be fantastic.

I fixed it for you. Dude's gonna slide quite a bit down, I'll be shocked if he's picked before the mid 5th round.

lol thanks :D
totally terrible way to make a thread but yes Childs in the 3rd would be fantastic.

This

Childs was at one point Arkansas' top target, before his injury. Then it became Joe Adams and Jairius Wright.

Childs only had 21 catches for 240 yards in 2011, before that he had 46 catches for 659 yards and 6 td's in 2010, and in 2009 he had 48 catches for 897 yards and 7 td's.

Arkansas also has Cobi Hamilton as their top target coming back. And they also had the one TE a few years back, DJ Williams. But he was a pick last year I think to GB.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Childs was at one point Arkansas' top target, before his injury. Then it became Joe Adams and Jairius Wright.

Childs only had 21 catches for 240 yards in 2011, before that he had 46 catches for 659 yards and 6 td's in 2010, and in 2009 he had 48 catches for 897 yards and 7 td's.

Arkansas also has Cobi Hamilton as their top target coming back. And they also had the one TE a few years back, DJ Williams. But he was a pick last year I think to GB.

Cobi Hamilton, imo, has the potential to be the best WR out of the 4 by far. Playing in the shadows of Wright, Adams, Childs and even TE Chris Gragg and DJ Williams the year before, Hamliton was still able to catch 34 balls for 542 and 4 TDs. The year before: 32 for 630, 6 TDs. Hamilton is 6'3, 210. Good size, really good hands, and was, imo, their big play guy. I could see him having a huge year as Tyler Wilson's prime target and being taken in the 1st round.

And your right AB, Williams was taken by the Packers in the 5th.
All 3 Razorback wr's would be better than what is in this group that most are calling for. Greg Childs is 6-3 220 & he ran a 4.4 last week at his pro day.He is heathy once again & would be a great add on to this team. Joe Adams & Jarius Wright 5-10 188 each are also excellent players who would add speed to this group and are major play makers.
I like Childs. Plays a lot like Morgan. Not real fast but have size and can fight for the ball. They should get him in the mid to late rounds.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Apr 15, 2012 at 2:25 PM ]
I endorse this post.
Share 49ersWebzone