There are 209 users in the forums

Prospect Watch: (9/2 - 9/6)

Watching Ayers in the UCLA game right now. Akeem is doing a very good job so far.
Allen 2013
NOTRE DAME
Armando Allen all the way!!!!!!

Im starting it, Draft Allen in 2011.
Daniel Thomas, RB, Kansas State - looks pretty good. Worth keeping an eye one, can definitely battle to be the top senior RB.

Looks like his speed is more at the mid 4.5 range.

Reminds me of Ryan Mathews
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 4, 2010 at 3:15 PM ]
Patrick Peterson WOW
Originally posted by jreff22:
Patrick Peterson WOW

A beast...I hope we pick this kid in the first next year.....
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Daniel Thomas, RB, Kansas State - looks pretty good. Worth keeping an eye one, can definitely battle to be the top senior RB.

Looks like his speed is more at the mid 4.5 range.

Reminds me of Ryan Mathews

He has quick feet, but barring any major training, he probably won't time very well. Thomas doesn't have the game-breaking speed to outrun that last defender, but he's a powerful back with the feet to elude people.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 4, 2010 at 8:52 PM ]
What did you think about yates?
Originally posted by ads_2006:
What did you think about yates?

Well.. anytime you throw for 400+ and 3 TDs against a team like LSU, someone has to take note. At the same time, UNC was just about getting blown out at the half, 30-10. I wouldn't put a huge amount of weight in this performance just yet. Let's see what he does over the course of the season.

Over the past three years, he's never had more than 14 TDs, and only more TDs than INTs once. Yates is still considered a 7th round project player to me. One game won't sway me at this point.

Ok OTC got a guy for you, Reuben Johnson #5, CB for Cinci
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
The kid Katz from Oregon State looked good. But, he's short at 6'1".
[ Edited by mayo63 on Sep 5, 2010 at 4:11 AM ]
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Patrick Peterson WOW

A beast...I hope we pick this kid in the first next year.....

i wish but no chance hes top 10 talent maybe even top 5

this class is so deep and good in every position (besides OL) we should hopefully be able to pick up a very good CB in the 1st or 2nd round
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Patrick Peterson would look good in red and gold.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Patrick Peterson would look good in red and gold.

He would, but I don't see any chance he makes it to us if he keeps playing the way he's playing.

When you've got a dual threat like that, strong cover man with terrific return ability, you're pretty much a lock to go in the top 10 or close to it, especially with an incredible size and speed combination like Peterson has.

The kid is 6-1 210 and could clock in the high 4.3's ...

If Peterson excels this year, he could go top 5. Our best bet might be Prince Amukamura. He may not be as fast, or have the versatility to return kicks, but he's a terrific, physical, cover corner. (Yesterday, his opponent had only 120 yds. passing total, 0 TDs, 1 INT).

That would be the reasonable target, but even he may go too high with a strong combine. We've got a long, long way to go, so we'll have to wait and see what happens.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 5, 2010 at 12:57 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone