LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 323 users in the forums

Best and worst drafts so far?

Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by English:
Best is between us, Seattle and Detroit. Detroit having a good draft, gosh!

Worst by far is Denver, although the Jags have nothing to write home about. But what were the Broncs thinking?

I grudgingly add Dallas to this. They got a top 5 talent in the mid 20s. NE will regret that trade, they needed Dez more than Dallas.

You had to mention Dallas, didn't you?!! I managed to avoid mentioning them, but you dragged them in.

But yeah. Damn!
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
I’m just going to rank the teams that made two 1st round picks

Seahawks
Very smart picks talent and need 17.4 total grade

49ers
Top 5 tackle and best pure G 16.7 total grade

Lions
Didn’t screw up the 2nd pick with a reach 16.6 total grade

Worst
Denver
Crack me up16.4 total grade but at too big of a price
Tebone worth 3 picks no way for a guy who won’t help the team this year
4 picks land them a WR and Backup QB ?
Should have went 2 offensive players and 2 defensive
Not smart at all
WTF was Denver thinking?????

Tebow will have a hard time nailing down the #3 QB spot, unless Denver has a batch of plays drawn up that suit his talents, otherwise Tebow doesnt have the pure passer skills required to run McDaniels complicated offense, the pick really puzzles me
I don't think the Vikings are doing too well either. They traded out of the first when they wanted Patrick Robinson. New Orleans took Patrick Robinson and now the Vikings have to find a CB to eventually take an aging Winfield's position.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I don't think the Vikings are doing too well either. They traded out of the first when they wanted Patrick Robinson. New Orleans took Patrick Robinson and now the Vikings have to find a CB to eventually take an aging Winfield's position.

And within the division! Wierd.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Best: I hate to say it, but I gotta go with Seattle. They get the best OT in the draft, and (arguably) the best FS in the draft.

Worst: Denver. Pass on Dez Bryant for Thomas, and then trade 3 of your picks in a very deep draft to get Tebow.

I am not sure why most people are on Seattle's nuts when it comes to the draft.

Remember they picked the second tackle taken, a tackle that 5 teams (all who could have used a tackle) passed on. In past years, teams did not pass on great tackles at the top of the draft, and this has to show you that Okung isn't as good as past "top" tackle prospects.

Second, Thomas isn't even close to Berry as a prospect at safety and there are questions about his tackling and durability in the NFL. These questions have lead to a lot of talk about him being converted to CB, and we all know how well converting players works in the NFL the majority of times.
I think Denver was right to take Thomas over Dez Bryant. Thomas's game is alot closer to Marshall's game, and I'd be weary of Bryant too if I was McDaniels. If Dez pulls a Crabtree and holds out he's right back where he started with Brandon Marshall.

Tebow's a different story.

Saints and Vikings aren't in the same division
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

Saints and Vikings aren't in the same division

What? The Vikings traded to Detroit. Same division. Helping divisional oppenents is wierd.
Share 49ersWebzone