Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
13th overall pick: Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa: We will be lucky for the 2nd year in a row ala Crabtree falling to us if we can steal Bulaga at 13 but I think if KC passes on him which is now looking likely, I think we get Bulaga at 13. Would be a great pick and a guy who can come right and start at RT and be our starting for the next 10yrs or even move to LT down the road. Now if Bulaga is gone, I would hope to get Anthony Davis at 13 even though he is a bit of a risky pick. Im so-so on Haden and leaning towards against him. I like Jimmy Clausen a lot, I think he is the best QB in the draft but I feel good about Alex Smith as our starting QB for this year and beyond so I do not want Clausen at 13. I love Earl Thomas but I think he will be gone and I don't think the team would take him anyway.
17th pick: Maurkice Pouncey, OG-C, Florida: A very good prospect who is one of the best center prospects to enter the draft since I have been following the draft. Can also play guard so he could help out at guard for a year or two before eventually replacing the overrated Eric Heitman at center. I also like Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State and Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho. Ideally we could move down from1 7 into the mid 20's, get an extra 3rd rd pick and still get Wilson or another corner like Patrick Robinson or Devin McCourty. I just hope we stay away from Kareem Jackson.
Now the question, if Clausen is available at 17, do we take him as he would give us great trade value next year if Alex Smith shows he can get the job done in 2010.
This sucks, i have to work today so if i come home and see we pick up Bulaga and Pouncey....i would be WETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
