LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 393 users in the forums

With the 11th pick in the 2010 NFL draft...

Denver robbed us and now Seattle picked two studs and we get the lazy dude. Brilliant!
Originally posted by fryet:
Well, I am glad that the 49ers got their RT. Not sure they had to trade up to get him, but since everyone knew they needed a RT, they were probably worried about someone drafting him at 12. But since SD did trade up for 12, Davis would probably have been there at 13.

Still got to give Balke credit for being aggressive.

True the trade does seem useless anyway you look at it. Only thing i can think of is that they must've thought somebody else would trade up for him so they made the move.
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
Denver robbed us and now Seattle picked two studs and we get the lazy dude. Brilliant!

+1 I am so sick to my f**king stomach.. I can't believe that we would draft a lazy dude and give up a 4th on top of that.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
No problem with us taking Anthony Davis, but did we have to give up a 4th rd pick to move up 2 slots to get him? Baalke panicked IMO.

Can't take no chances bro. We got our guy that is all.
Like the player don't understand the trade though. But i'm not gonna get upset over a 4th rounder.
Why do people like Davis... it blows my mind.. why take a player with work ethic issues.

Did we need Andre Smith or the OT version of Jemarcus Ruffles???
Why do people like Davis... it blows my mind.. why take a player with work ethic issues.

Did we need Andre Smith or the OT version of Jemarcus Ruffles???
I'm not really liking the pick... at least I can take some comfort that he won't be protecting the blind side.
Trade...?

No problem with us taking Anthony Davis, but did we have to give up a 4th rd pick to move up 2 slots to get him? Baalke panicked IMO.

Agreed. Stupid move to trade up IMO.

I would have liked either Davis or Bulaga and I don't think Miami would have taken him.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

I would have liked either Davis or Bulaga and I don't think Miami would have taken him.

-9fA

Miami might not have taken him but someone else could have traded him to get him...u guys all act like u guys know what's going on in there.

Davis was the guy the Niners wanted and we got him, stop the b***hing and be happy we solidified our OL.

-9fA

Miami might not have taken him but someone else could have traded him to get him...u guys all act like u guys know what's going on in there.

Davis was the guy the Niners wanted and we got him, stop the b***hing and be happy we solidified our OL.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

-9fA

Like exactly who? Green Bay seemed to be the only other team that was line needy and they're the only team that has traded up to select an OT.

Just as you I don't know that there could have been a team wanting him, YOU don't know that there were teams that weren't vying for him.

I could understand the move if he was the last of the four tackles on the board, but he wasn't. THAT is why this is a panic move. Bulaga would have been just as fine.

-9fA
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

-9fA

I'm with Birdman on this. For years we have negleted our O-Line; about time we solidified of foundation of our Offense.
Share 49ersWebzone