Originally posted by kstolai:
Will Selvie last that long?
MadDog49er currently has him ranked 231 on his board of where he's expected to fall, so yeah I think it's possible he'll be there. He's a small school guy and he'll drop since his numbers the last 2 years weren't very good. However, if you look at how he plays through double teams, you can see why. No-brainer pick if he's there imo.
Originally posted by LA_NINERS:
What a waste of drafting a guard with a 17th pick.
I think Thomas will be off the board as well as Dan Williams, Dez Bryant, Spiller, Morgan and JPP. Really, the only person who may be left is Brandon Graham. However, the thing is, Iupati is the best OG prospect to come out since Hutchinson. While I don't feel he is quite at Hutchinson's level coming out, I think he's just one notch below. The niners obviously don't feel Baas is the future since they tendered him to only a 3rd round level.
I get the feeling that Sing is borderline obsessed with the OL at the moment, and he will put the pressure on to completely shore up the line to his standards. While Graham would also be a good pick, I think the niners want to see what they have with Brooks for another season before committing a high 1st rounder to an OLB. Lastly, I believe this draft is exceptionally deep except in terms of QB, OL and RB; therefore the niners will opt to take positions in which there is a steep drop from the 1st round picks to later ones, and OL definitely fits that bill.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
If we already have a OT drafted and we want another OL, why not Pouncey Instead?
I think if you compare Pouncey and Iupati at the OG position, Iupati is still the better prospect. Heitmann still has 3-4 years left in him, as Centers usually can play until late in their careers, heck look at Mawae at 39. So, in terms of where he would be utilized, I think Iupati is the superior choice.
Originally posted by eastbay49er:
Great Mock! I would switch out the 7th rounder for a CB since we already have Brit Miller and Jehuu Caulcrick at FB
Yeah, I thought about someone other than a FB, and if I had to redo it, I would probably do more research on late round NT prospects, and see who may be available. However, I think Norris is on the decline, and Jackson is actually a really great talent who will fall due to character concerns, and I think the niners will be more apt to take the "problem guys" in later rounds and give Sing something to work with.
[ Edited by Niners23 on Apr 20, 2010 at 11:47 AM ]