OT J'Marcus Webb, West Texas A & M

Originally posted by Niners23:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
That's a big man.

Hmm. Niners meet first with Anthony Davis, then this Webb guy.

Think Singletary wants a RT in the draft this year?

I wonder if Solari has any part in this process? Are these guys that he wants?

One thing that Sing has been good about is knowing his own limitations and taking a lot of advice from his assistants, so I would assume Solari has a big part in all of this as well. Also remember that teams meet with 70+ players before the draft, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Daniel Jeremiah, a former Browns and Ravens scout who blogs about the NFL now, said that teams may take players in for a workout in case they missed their pro-day, if it's a small-school guy who they want to get a better read on etc. So, with Webb being a small school guy, it's entirely possible that they just wanted to get a better feel for him and where his talents lie. Remember that when Shawntae Spencer was drafted, 25+ teams met with him beforehand, mainly because he was from a small school and not much was known about him. But, only one of those teams ended up drafting him.

I'm sorry but Pitt is not a small school.

Sorry, he wasn't from a small school, but he didn't attend the combine, so he had an incomplete draft grade from many teams, which is why they brought him in for visits.

No harm no foul
I wanted to update with some stats from his pro-day seeing as how he didn't get a Combine invite.

40-yard Dash: 5.30s
Vertical Jump: 25.5 "
Bench Press: 17
Broad Jump: 8-5"
20-yard Shuttle:4.14s
Three-Cone: 7.63s

None of those numbers are particularly impressive, except the shuttle, which is pretty astonishing for a man of his size. I'm still not sure if that shuttle time is accurate because it just seems too fast. On the other hand, his vertical is much lower when compared to other top OT prospects, and his 3-cone would've been the worst of any attempted by an OG or OT at the combine. His bench press is also a little on the low side, but some leeway can be given due to his arm length.

The bench number was low to me too, I expected something better. However...

I wouldn't expect someone 335 -- the heaviest tackle prospect in the draft -- to be able to jump very high, yet he managed to nearly match Bulaga, Ducasse, and exceed Calloway's number in that regard.

As for 3-Cone, I'm not sure how you got that. 7.63 for a 3-Cone time was better than all of the following:

T.Williams, Bulaga, A.Davis, Ducasse, S.Capers, Ed Wang and Sam Young. May have been better than Okung and Charles Brown but they didn't run any shuttles.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I wanted to update with some stats from his pro-day seeing as how he didn't get a Combine invite.

None of those numbers are particularly impressive, except the shuttle, which is pretty astonishing for a man of his size. I'm still not sure if that shuttle time is accurate because it just seems too fast. On the other hand, his vertical is much lower when compared to other top OT prospects, and his 3-cone would've been the worst of any attempted by an OG or OT at the combine. His bench press is also a little on the low side, but some leeway can be given due to his arm length.

I wouldn't expect someone 335 -- the heaviest tackle prospect in the draft -- to be able to jump very high, yet he managed to nearly match Bulaga, Ducasse, and exceed Calloway's number in that regard.

As for 3-Cone, I'm not sure how you got that. 7.63 for a 3-Cone time was better than all of the following:

T.Williams, Bulaga, A.Davis, Ducasse, S.Capers, Ed Wang and Sam Young. May have been better than Okung and Charles Brown but they didn't run any shuttles.

I said his 3-cone was the worst, not the best, reread the post.

I know -- I was just correcting that statement. You said, "His 3-cone would've been the worst of any attempted by an OG or OT at the combine." Meaning, if he had timed that 3-cone time at the combine, it would have been the worst time among those. (Correct? That's what you were saying?) Obviously, he did far better, so I was just backing up the point I was making there.

I know -- I was just correcting that statement. You said, "His 3-cone would've been the worst of any attempted by an OG or OT at the combine." Meaning, if he had timed that 3-cone time at the combine, it would have been the worst time among those. (Correct? That's what you were saying?) Obviously, he did far better, so I was just backing up the point I was making there.

No, I meant that the slowest 3-cone time by any OL at the combine was 7.60 (as per nfl.com ) and considering his time was slower than any of those at 7.63, and was run at pro-day, which usually means it should be a slightly faster time than the combine, his 3-cone time was pretty bad.

No, I meant that the slowest 3-cone time by any OL at the combine was 7.60 (as per nfl.com ) and considering his time was slower than any of those at 7.63, and was run at pro-day, which usually means it should be a slightly faster time than the combine, his 3-cone time was pretty bad.

23, You're looking at the top performers from the combine in that drill, haha. That's why it's lower. That list you're looking at only includes the top 10 times among all OL. The fact that his time was only .03 seconds away from the the top ten among all OT, OG, and OC at the combine, that's absolutely fantastic. Three hundredths of a second. That's infinitesimally small.

There were way more players that performed the drill at the combine, but NFL.com's link: http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers only shows the top times.

23, You're looking at the top performers from the combine in that drill, haha. That's why it's lower. That list you're looking at only includes the top 10 times among all OL. The fact that his time was only .03 seconds away from the the top ten among all OT, OG, and OC at the combine, that's absolutely fantastic. Three hundredths of a second. That's infinitesimally small.

There were way more players that performed the drill at the combine, but NFL.com's link: http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers only shows the top times.

Ahh, that could be a problem. Do you have a site which lists all of the times?

Ahh, that could be a problem. Do you have a site which lists all of the times?

I believe CBS has a page you can reference. (checking)

Yes, here you can find all the numbers: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2010_OT
  • Info N/A
You guys are so funny. Do you know why his time was so slow for the cone? Readu for this? HE FELL!!! He still got up , after falling on his butt, and got a time of 7.62. His strength is his speed. By the way, I hear Solari, and 15 other scouts, were on hand to see his PRO day. Solari conducted it. It's on the web. there are tons of videos about this kiddo! He's Richmond Webbs cousin too!

null
  • Info N/A
Here's more video on Webb

Share 49ersWebzone