LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 171 users in the forums

Bleacher Report Mock Draft Round 1

Could this happen? Me likes!!

I know that many on the zone are completely willing to stand pat with the QB's on the roster. I think Clausens Stats and college carreer make him a very viable candidate. I Know I am very high on Davis but it doesn't seem that he will get many reps in practice.

Jimy Clausen College stats - Stats Overview Passing
YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
2007 138 245 1254 56.3 5.12 44 7 6 35 103.85
2008 268 440 3172 60.9 7.21 69 25 17 21 132.49
2009 289 425 3722 68.0 8.76 88 28 4 24 161.43

Now you could argue that they lost a lot of games late but there was lots of turmoil going on in the coaching regime and the defense flat out sucked. Clausen put points on the board EVERY game. His lowest point total was 20 and he didn't have much in defensive suppport.

What really caught my eye was the 28 td's (remember shorter than NFL season) compared to only 4 interceptions leads me to believe that he makes good decisions and takes care of the football. 68% completion percentage and the 8.76 yards per passing completion really look good too. Just something else to ponder I guess.

What do ya'll think??

[ Edited by ninerfan818 on Mar 27, 2010 at 12:53:23 ]
i would be pissed
Not going to happen, no way we trade up to get another QB this year.
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
i would be pissed

This
So LAME!
When your QB is reluctantly ranked 25 out of 32 I think it is viable to continue looking for a better option. I could be in the minority on this I guess.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
When your QB is reluctantly ranked 25 out of 32 I think it is viable to continue looking for a better option. I could be in the minority on this I guess.

Yes -- but next year (with a rookie), we'd be no better, probably worse (30/31/32 out of 32). You're looking at pro year #3 if he's a senior, year 4 if he's a junior.
this mock is f**king garbage.
No way, no how do we even think about Jimmy. This is the year to fix the oline and get everyone on the same page with a set offensive scheme!
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
this mock is f**king garbage.

Is it take out the trash day already?
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

Yes -- but next year (with a rookie), we'd be no better, probably worse (30/31/32 out of 32). You're looking at pro year #3 if he's a senior, year 4 if he's a junior.

Not neccessarily, talent wise I think he is better than Smith also. We just drafted the wrong player in 2005. Thanks Scotty McNolan. Personally I think Smith more of a project than Davis but I digress. I just someone to really challenge Smith. He needs it. The man can't convert third downs for the life of him.
Not alot of Clausen fans, I see. I'd consider getting him if he fell to us.

[ Edited by 84SheepDog on Mar 27, 2010 at 13:54:46 ]
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
This is stupid.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
i would be pissed

This

Share 49ersWebzone