LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

My 49ers Mock (dream) Draft:

My 49ers mock draft

49ers Mock (dream) draft #1

13th pick: C.J Spiller, RB-KR, Clemson: I am huge Spiller fan. He would give us a dynamic running back to compliment Frank Gore, an outstanding, Im talking a Josh Cribbs-Devin Hester type return man and Spiller is also a heck of receiver (over 100 career receptions at Clemson) and can catch the ball out of the backfield and also lining up out wide at WR and in the slot. He would kill 3-4 birds (weaknesses) with one stone (draft pick). Plus his presence alone would make Jimmy Raye's predictable offense a little more less predicitable.

17th Pick: Brandon Graham, DE-OLB, Michigan: Im a torn between Kyle Wilson and Graham here but im leaning towards Graham because I would rather have a real good pass rusher than a real good corner. Graham, IMO is the most ready NFL pass rusher in this draft. I think he can come right and be an impact pass rusher. He was a 3yr starter at Michigan and racked up 29 sacks in those 3yrs and he stood out in big games vs Bryan Bulaga and Iowa and Sam Young and Notre Dame, not to mention he was a force in this yrs and last yrs Ohio State game. Guy is just a good football player. He is not all that big, athletic or really fast but he just gets the job done and he is a perfect fit as a rush OLB in a 3-4 defense ala to his former Michigan teammate LaMarr Woodley. Also I would add he is just not a pass rusher, he may struggle in pass coverage but he is a force vs the run and he could line up at both OLB spots in the 3-4, he could play a little inside in the 3-4 and he could line up at DE in a 4 man front when we go nickel and dime.

2nd rd pick: Best available OT: I am a big Jason Fox fan but he is a true LT. So to me our best bet would be Rodger Saffolrd, OT, Indiana followed by Jared Veldheer, OT, Highlands and Kyle Calloway, OT, Iowa. I am not a big Vladimir Ducasse fan who is also more of a LT.

3rd rd pick: Best available corner. I would love to get Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake Forest here. Should be able to get a good CB prospect in the 3rd rd of this years draft. Parrish Cox, Oklahoma State; Jerome Murphy, South Florida or Donovan Warren, Michigan could also be possible picks here.

4th rd: Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida: I wanted him in the 2nd rd but with his poor 40 time he is now being projected as a 4th or 5th rd pick. I would love to get him in the 4th rd. He is the type of banger we need inside next to Patrick Willis once Spikes hangs it up. He may only be a 2 down player but he will be a good 2 down player who will bring an attitude and meanness to a defense. I really think he would be a perfect fit in San Fran.

5th rd: Best Available OG-C: A couple of names im keeping my eye on; Mike Johnson, Alabama; Brandon Carter, Texas Tech; Zane Beadles, Utah; Ted Larsen, N.C. State

6th rd: QB: I would love Javan Snead from Ole Miss here and would even consider taking him in the 4th or 5th rd which is where he likely will go. I am a big Dan LeFevour fan but he will likely be a 2nd or 3rd rd pick. Daryl Clark from Penn State could be an option here.

6th rd (comp pick): Best available D-lineman: Maybe Torrell Troup, Central Florida or Cam Thomas, North Carolina; Leroy Vann, KR, Florida A&M (if we don't take Spiller)

7th rd: Another D-Lineman or O-Lineman

Now I still don't think we take Spiller even if he is available and my 2nd choice, Trent Williams, I think will be gone before we pick at 13. So I think we would either take Anthony Davis if he was available or go best player available which could be Joe Haden, Taylor Mays or even Graham at 13. Also keep an eye on Eric Berry if Cleveland passes on him, I could see us moving up maybe to #9 to get him. I also think Mike Iupati will be under serious consideration at 17, esspecially if we do not take an OT at 13. I like Iupati but not at 17, I would prefer Graham or Kyle Wilson.
Originally posted by northshore:

Not a fan?
At the end of the day I do think the 49ers will come away with one of the three players at 13.... Joe Haden, C.J Spiller or Brandon Graham and at 17 one of the four....Graham, Kyle Wilson, Iupati or Taylor Mays.

If Trent Williams is available at 13, he will be the pick no question about it but right now I'd say it's 30-70 he will be available at 13.

Eric Berry is the wild card.
Some of your picks are very vague. Man up, make some choices! Overall I like it, but I don't see the 49ers drafting a QB. If we bring in a QB, I think he'll just be a "camp arm." Probably an undrafted free agent.
I don't like it; You're drafting Spiller to fill a need in the return game...and Spiller is a great kick returner, not a punt returner. Kyle Wilson is the all-world return man.

And I don't see the love for Graham on these boards; from what I hear, he can't cover for sh*t and has very short arms. Has bust written all over him (even though he plays very hard).

The best value between 13 and 17 is in the secondary. If the niners wanted to pull the trigger and load up the secondary, this is where to do it.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
I don't like it; You're drafting Spiller to fill a need in the return game...and Spiller is a great kick returner, not a punt returner. Kyle Wilson is the all-world return man.

And I don't see the love for Graham on these boards; from what I hear, he can't cover for sh*t and has very short arms. Has bust written all over him (even though he plays very hard).

The best value between 13 and 17 is in the secondary. If the niners wanted to pull the trigger and load up the secondary, this is where to do it.

Spiller is an all-world Kick returner and a Very good PUNT RETURNER. Kyle Wilson only returns punts. Spiller had a 16.2yd avg on punt returns as a Sr along with a TD. For his career I believe he returned 3 punts back for TD's.

Graham has short arms? Big deal, the key is he knows how to shed blockers. LaMarr Woodley, Trent Cole and other big time pass rushers have "short" arms and they are doing just fine in the NFL.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I love Graham, I wouldn't be upset if the first two picks went down that way.
Graham from michigan is a player, no doubt about that, ask bulaga. i take him at 13 or 17. i think we come away with graham and either mays or iupati, maybe haden if he falls to 13. i saw wilcotts on the nfl network has spiller going at 6 to seattle.

what about colt mccoy in the third round?

Originally posted by KD49ers:
Graham from michigan is a player, no doubt about that, ask bulaga. i take him at 13 or 17. i think we come away with graham and either mays or iupati, maybe haden if he falls to 13. i saw wilcotts on the nfl network has spiller going at 6 to seattle.

what about colt mccoy in the third round?

I would consider him and LeFevour IF they fell into the 3rd rd. McCoy may be there but I doub LeFevour would drop that far. I actually like our QB situation though right now and for the future with Alex Smith, David Carr and Nate Davis. It would be nearly impossible if we drafted a QB for him to get many reps.
Share 49ersWebzone