LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 167 users in the forums

4 round mock

R1: Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma

The Offensive line is the biggest issue with this team currently. Williams will provide a young and talented upside, along with Staley, to continue to rebuild the line. If we strategically re-tool the line, the west is ours for a long time. It cant all be put on Williams. The rest of the line has to stay healthy and step up.

R1: Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma St

I believe if Marshall stays in Denver, the Broncos will pass. The Browns are a possibility but they need a defensive playmaker. So if Bryant makes it into the teens he will be here. I understand there is needs, value, and longshots. I remember a time when I was asked who was the best WR on the team, and that answer was Curtis Conway. If you wan't to wrap Alex Smith in the Question mark factor on this team drafting Bryant and having Crabtree will show if this kid really will make it in the NFL. And if at all he fails, we have 2 dynamic young WRs.

R2: Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU

He reminds me of Woodley from the STEELERS. What I like about him is that he isn't a one trick pony. I wanna draft him because he will bring stability to the rush. And more so, I like this formation that is happening with our defense. Where it seems like in the 2010 season you can see our team leader maybe with 10 sacks, but the next guy with 8, then 7, then some tied with 5 to 6. Hughes will bring an immediate impact.

R3: Jerome Murphy, CB, South Florida

Corner, IMO, is a huge need. Clements was benched before the injury. I like Brown and his development. Spencer has been under-rated I feel. Spencer had a solid year. I think if Murphy can just get more upper body strength he will be a star. He tackled and hits hard. Always is effective against the run. I know he has hard times against certain routes such as double moves and slants. But knowledge of the game at the NFL level will assist his development.

R4: Major Wright, S, Florida.

I think with NFL maturation, Wright can be our FS for years to come. I think he will be the steal of the draft. I think he will draft because his play fell off. I don't know why or have an answer as to why. I just feel with his ability to run with WR, his ability to hit, and the chance to develop in a 3-4 system he can be the 3-4 version of Bob Sanders.
No way we take a WR in the first. No way.
He would probably represen BPA at 17. I'd rather have Dez over spiller.
Like I said, I understand why we dont have to. To have 2 very dynamic WRs lets you sure up an area that has been a crutch for the last 7 years. We have a luxery pick with 17 I feel. Having Crabtree, Morgan, Bryant will cement our core for years.

As stated, I can understand the dislike.
Not down with Bryant at all. I like the Major Wright pick
I was huge on Spiller. I really wanted him apart of the team, but as the combine finished I felt as if Bryant fell he could become a major part of this team. You can dislike the pick, but don't say this WR core is legit yet. We need atleast one more playmaker. On terms if Morgan fills the hype. I am not sold on Morgan. That is why at 17, Bryant would be my choice.

I think Wright can be a star as a FS in the 3-4.
I love that draft if we could get Shaun Andrews in FA and Alex Continues to improve we would be big time playoff contenders
Andrews? There's a reason he was cut and it isn't money.

I'd have to question anyone who wanted to take a 1st round flyer on an OSU WR.
We had such luck with the fisherman a few years ago.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Andrews? There's a reason he was cut and it isn't money.

I'd have to question anyone who wanted to take a 1st round flyer on an OSU WR.
We had such luck with the fisherman a few years ago.

do you not believe in second chances.......he's been injured something that a lot of philly players go threw actually.........you wouldnt want to take a flyer on a 2 time pro bowl player who is still in his 20's....maybe you'd rather have another year of adam snyder
Wouldn't mind this draft. Really like the Jerome Murphy pick. I think Singletary will like him alot. Not afraid to tackle & has some return ability.

This guy is a beast! I would love to get this guy on our team. Check out his highlight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwoo94qwh_4
i can tottally see him dropping to 17, im just not sure if we will take him. i wouldnt mind it, it will be very interesting to see though
This guy is a beast! I would love to get this guy on our team. Check out his highlight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwoo94qwh_4
Why not, he adds a vertical threat in the WR core. I would be ecstatic if the draft fell this way. Davis, Crabtree, Bryant, Morgan... nice!
if we get Dez than Morgan could be our 3rd wr and a very good KR as we all saw at the end of last year....but i see the round 1's as best OT available at 13 and 17 spiller or best safety
Share 49ersWebzone