There are 218 users in the forums

Haden Runs 4.40 and 4.45 at Proday

Sorry, no link. Heard it on sirius NFL Moving the Chains. HIs stock is climbing now, and hopefully someone will take him in the top ten. This should have our Haden lovers salivating! I still dont think CB is as big of a need as OL, but I guess I wouldn't be too depressed if we took this guy. Clements, Spencer, and Haden would scare alot of QB's. THoughts? You want this Guy?
Haha, someone had an oopsie.
Originally posted by JizzmasterZero:
Sorry, no link. Heard it on sirius NFL Moving the Chains. HIs stock is climbing now, and hopefully someone will take him in the top ten. This should have our Haden lovers salivating! I still dont think CB is as big of a need as OL, but I guess I wouldn't be too depressed if we took this guy. Clements, Spencer, and Haden would scare alot of QB's. THoughts? You want this Guy?

That's funny, cuz I heard the same thing in the draft forum.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Haha, someone had an oopsie.

Crap! Meant to post this in Draft forum. I humbly castrate myself to restore my honor.
[ Edited by JizzmasterZero on Mar 17, 2010 at 4:49 PM ]
i'd rather take Spiller.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
i'd rather take Spiller.

I'd hate to take a RB with our #13, but 1,212 yards, 12 TD, and another 503 passing yards and 4 TD's look pretty attractive. He didn't do CRAP in 07, or 08 tho....was he hurt?

2007 Stats: 34 catches for 271 yards and 2 TD's. 768 yards rushing and only 3 TD's!?!
2008 Stats: 34 catches for 436 yards and 3 TD's. ONLY 629 yards with 7 TD's.
He looks like a one year wonder. Averaging only 8 TD's per year.......hmmmmm BUT...this doesn't count his special teams contributions.
[ Edited by JizzmasterZero on Mar 17, 2010 at 4:58 PM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
If Haden showed more flashes as a kick/punt returner, then i'd be salivating. But since he hasn't, I am okay with him being gone.

We need offensive line and pass rush help, and then we can address the other needs.
f**k haden. this guy is overrated!
Originally posted by JizzmasterZero:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
i'd rather take Spiller.

I'd hate to take a RB with our #13, but 1,212 yards, 12 TD, and another 503 passing yards and 4 TD's look pretty attractive. He didn't do CRAP in 07, or 08 tho....was he hurt?

2007 Stats: 34 catches for 271 yards and 2 TD's. 768 yards rushing and only 3 TD's!?!
2008 Stats: 34 catches for 436 yards and 3 TD's. ONLY 629 yards with 7 TD's.
He looks like a one year wonder. Averaging only 8 TD's per year.......hmmmmm BUT...this doesn't count his special teams contributions.

i agree with not taking a RB at 13 we have much more needs and KR/PR can be found later at 17 yes at 13 NO

• evil
  • Veteran
Spiller is the top RB prospect however he is not an elite prospect at the position whereas Haden is and elite cornerback prospects are much harder to come by and the CB position is tied for the 3rd most important position on a football team (QB, Pass Rusher, CB & LT).

If I had to choose between them both I'd take Haden all day everyday.
As much as we want to speculate... the only option that looks logical to me is an OT in the first. I think Scott and them cannot be pinned down, pre draft to any scheme or setup regarding this draft.
I want Haden, at #13 if he's there.
So does this mean he's good again?
Most prospects run faster on their pro day vs. combine. I still don't believe he has elite speed. You should not have any question marks with your 1st round pick. And I truly believe that his speed is a question mark.

If we were a super bowl contender and only missing piece was CB, then I would draft Haden in 1st round but we many other needs.
Share 49ersWebzone