LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 201 users in the forums

The '4 Picks in Top 50' Strategy

Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Nick Bradley! I agree with the two other posters, wait till the second round to get our guy. I hate giving up first round picks no matter where we might be drafting.

This. It may be reasonable and logical to do it but I hate going into a draft without a first.

JJ Stokes I still haven't forgiven you!!!!

Charlie Casserly called this the best draft in 27 years (since '83) -- due to the fear of a lockout, most juniors came out this year and there may not even be a draft next year.

In 2011, the only decent draft pick is going to be Jake Locker.

Lockout or no Lockout there will be a draft next year in 2011
Nick Bradley! I agree with the two other posters, wait till the second round to get our guy. I hate giving up first round picks no matter where we might be drafting.

Agreed.. If there is a guy that they really fall in love with around the end of the first, then trade this years 2nd and 3rd.

I don't like trading away first rounders at all. Don't you think Carolina wishes they hadn't made that trade with us last year??
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

Agreed.. If there is a guy that they really fall in love with around the end of the first, then trade this years 2nd and 3rd.

I don't like trading away first rounders at all. Don't you think Carolina wishes they hadn't made that trade with us last year??

I don't actually give Carolina a thought when it comes to our draft this yr. I look at the impact players, the draft positions we're at and i want one more to help insure next yr. won't fall just short because we didn't take a talented player... I'm not approaching next yr. with a doubtful attitude any more. The division is ours to take starting by out drafting every one in it!
[ Edited by cupcheck on Mar 17, 2010 at 7:41 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone