There are 230 users in the forums

First Post. First Mock.(be gentle)

• willworkforbecky
  • Info N/A
First I want to say that i've been a webzone viewer for about 4 years. To me it seems that even though it may seem like there is alot of negativity on the board it can also be a great source for information(Maddog). With that being said I look foward to your reply and i'm ready to defend my picks. Here we go!

13th pick Joe Haden. I know alot of people want Spiller at this pick but to me the 13th pick needs to be a starter and a good one. While Haden might not have Wowed at the combine he has plenty of on the field speed. Some guys run track and some just play football. Haden fits the later.

17th pick Brandon Graham. Lets face it. At 17 all the best LT prospects will be gone and just cause Campbell or Davis is there doesn't mean we should pick them. Picking an offensive lineman in the 1st round doesn't mean you got a good one just a 1st one.( Rmember Kwami Harris) Graham is that quick twitch pass rusher that comes along few and far between. He has that IT factor and plays the run as well as the pass. Just picture Graham and Brooks on 3rd and 6.

49th pick Vladameer Ducasse. This is Problably my favorite OL in the draft. He's big,can move, and we won't overdraft him because he not rated as an elite LT prospect. He's exactly what we need. A big,physical RT that can handle the bullrush on passing plays and open holes in the run. Scotty even mentioned his when asked who he liked at the tackle position.(was the only tackle he mentioned)

3rd round Dexter McCluster. Not quite spiller but not too far off. He is one of those picks that you won't be all that excited about untill he hits the field. He's problably a better reciever than he is RB. He's fast,great in the return game and a deep threat all for the low price of a third round pick. The only reason I even see him falling this far is he's small(around 180) and he ran a 4.55 at the combine. I wouldn't even mind if they traded back in the 2nd to pick him up.

That's as deep as I can go for now. HAVE AT IT
[ Edited by willworkforbecky on Mar 13, 2010 at 4:45 PM ]
Nice, I like it... different approach. I like Graham...he will be a good addition, Haden will allow us to get some youth into our secondary, which we really need. McCluster is a speedy guy who I like, but his frame is small and could have alot of lingering injuries due to the speed and size of defenses in the NFL. I really would rather pick up Leon Washington.
  • willworkforbecky
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by irishluder:
Nice, I like it... different approach. I like Graham...he will be a good addition, Haden will allow us to get some youth into our secondary, which we really need. McCluster is a speedy guy who I like, but his frame is small and could have alot of lingering injuries due to the speed and size of defenses in the NFL. I really would rather pick up Leon Washington.

I feel the same way about McCluster. But at the 3rd pick I think he's worth a shot. He won't get alot of carries except when we go to the spread which I think he'll flourish in that role as well as the slot. I still would like another returner maybe Arenas. I think we all know after last year how important that position is.
  • willworkforbecky
  • Info N/A
Not bad. I've seen much better rips on noobs though.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
With our defense by far our strongest point, if we go 2 defensive players in the 1st then this defense better be able to carry us to the playoffs. Ducasse and McCluster won't be making much of an impact this year.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I like it, Will. Nice explainations, too.
Solid picks all around. It would take a little luck for it to happen though.

Haden making to 13 would take a bit of a slide on his part, though that is looking more possible lately.

And the real stretch is McCluster. As much as I'd like to see him available to us in the 3rd, he's looking more and more like a 2nd rounder. If he does make it to the 3rd, I'd be shocked if he's still there by our pick.

It's certainly not impossible (it's not like you are saying we are taking Bradford in the 4th round or anything), but it would be an absolutely best case scenario.

That being said, I'd be thrilled if the first 4 picks worked out like this.
Originally posted by mayo63:
I like it, Will. Nice explainations, too.

I like it a lot. BPA + need instead of BPA vs. need.
  • willworkforbecky
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
With our defense by far our strongest point, if we go 2 defensive players in the 1st then this defense better be able to carry us to the playoffs. Ducasse and McCluster won't be making much of an impact this year.

Well that's the plan. Even though our defence was lightyears ahead of the offence last year it still can use alot of work. Our pass defence was not even close to our run D. Haden and Graham would add a pass rush and better play on the ball. Haden's no burner but he can play the ball better than anyone we have. Plus I think we got burned more by the underneath throws than the deep ball(atlanta game)

Good job

I like it.
No negatives from me.
Good first try !!
As others said, i don't think that McCluster will be there in round 3.
I don't like Ducasse as much as others do. He seems to be a little slow footed with sloppy footwork and could be a better guard than tackle. Especially with Coach Solari implementing a zone approach, which relies on athletic linemen.

Well, since you asked for feedback ....
like the picks however, im not down for using both of our first picks for position of no need. we dont need a cb or lb if you ask me. we do but not in the first round.
Share 49ersWebzone