6. Seattle/Denver - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
7. Cleveland - Joe Haden, CB, Florida
8. Oakland - Taylor Mays, S, USC
9. Buffalo - Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
10. Jacksonville - Jason Pierre Paul, DE, USF
11. Denver - Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama
12. Miami - Dez Bryant, WR, OSU
13. San Francisco - Earl Thomas, S, Texas
I honestly believe that Williams will last until 17, and we need secondary help. Earl Thomas is a very talented safety, and apparently he could even play corner.
14. Seattle - Bryan Buluga, OT, Iowa
15. New York Giants - Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri
16. Tennessee - Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
17. San Francisco - Trent Williams, Oklahoma
Self explanatory
18. Pittsburgh - Mike Iupati, Idaho
19. Atlanta - Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
20. Houston - Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida State
21. Cincinnati - Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
22. New England - Ryan Matthews, RB, Fresno State
23. Green Bay - Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
24. Philadelphia - Jerry Hughes, LB, TCU
25. Baltimore - Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
26. Arizona - Brandon Graham, LB, Michigan
27. Dallas - Charles Brown, OT, USC
28. San Diego - CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson
29. New York Jets - Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State
30. Minnesota - Brian Price, DT, UCLA
31. Indianapolis - Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida
32. New Orleans - Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma

Also, in the second round I would have us drafting Best. Some of these picks are questionable, I know, but then again it's just for fun
[ Edited by pwilly52 on Mar 6, 2010 at 12:12 PM ]
i like that mock ballhawk in the secindary and we get a big guy for our o line good draft and btw u have spiller going twice to patriots and to the chargers
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Mar 6, 2010 at 12:04 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i like that mock ballhawk in the secindary and we get a big guy for our o line good draft and btw u have spiller going twice to patriots and to the chargers

Haha my bad. I meant to put Ryan Matthews going to the Patriots.
I would be stoked with that draft. Especially if we can get Best in the 2nd.
I'm not a big Spiller fan but there's no way he isn't the first running back taken.
Originally posted by genus49:
I'm not a big Spiller fan but there's no way he isn't the first running back taken.

i kinda have to disagree on that he is the best RB coming into the draft (highly cause of best injuries) but teams know that he is not an every down back and teams that want an everydown back will pass on him
no way spiller lasts taht long.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for PatrickWillis52.
Originally posted by elguapo:

It's more of a possibility than you think. Look at all the teams picking after us:
18. Pittsburgh - They have Mendenhall
19. Atlanta - Turner
20. Houston - He could go here, but it's more likely that their secondary is more of a priority
21. Cincinnati - They have Benson and LJ so probably not
22. New England - They'd probably be looking for a more complete back i.e. Matthews
23. Green Bay - Jackson
24. Philadelphia - Just drafted McCoy in 2nd round last year
25. Baltimore - Ray Rice
26. Arizona - Beanie Wells
27. Dallas - Felix Jones

Probably not many teams view Spiller as highly as the Zone does. I'm not saying he couldn't go any earlier, but there is a good chance that he doesn't. He could go to Seattle at 14, but if they do get Marshall, they'll most likely go OT at 14.
Originally posted by pwilly52:

It's more of a possibility than you think. Look at all the teams picking after us:
19. Atlanta - Turner
20. Houston - He could go here, but it's more likely that their secondary is more of a priority
22. New England - They'd probably be looking for a more complete back i.e. Matthews
23. Green Bay - Jackson
25. Baltimore - Ray Rice
27. Dallas - Felix Jones

Probably not many teams view Spiller as highly as the Zone does. I'm not saying he couldn't go any earlier, but there is a good chance that he doesn't. He could go to Seattle at 14, but if they do get Marshall, they'll most likely go OT at 14.

Pitt would take him. I dont think anyones sold on Mendenhall plus he'd replace willie parker as the speed back.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:

19. Atlanta - Turner
23. Green Bay - Jackson
25. Baltimore - Ray Rice
27. Dallas - Felix Jones

Pitt would take him. I dont think anyones sold on Mendenhall plus he'd replace willie parker as the speed back.

that is a possibility, but Pitt already invested a first round pick on mendenhall either 1 or 2 years ago. Plus to have a good running game, they need to fix their offensive line. But you're right it could happen

Miami would be a great possiblity for Spiller. He's from somewhere in florida, Ronnie Browns hurt on a regular basis. That makes sense at the Miami pick.

19. Atlanta - Turner
23. Green Bay - Jackson
25. Baltimore - Ray Rice
27. Dallas - Felix Jones

19. Atlanta - Turner and who else? Norwood and sneeling can both be gone
20. Houston - If CJ is available here, no way they don't pick him
21. Cincinnati - LJ is a free agent, CJ would be great here
22. New England - Maroney would pound CJ would Start
23. Green Bay - Jackson ain't s**t
24. Philadelphia - Just drafted McCoy in 2nd round last year and released Westbrook, they would jump at this in no time.
25. Baltimore - Ray Rice and CJ would be a great compliment
26. Arizona - Beanie Wells see Baltimore
27. Dallas - Felix Jones, if the talks about trade are true then CJ is a possibility, but unless he tests for steroids, it ain't ganna happen
Originally posted by solidg2000:

19. Atlanta - Turner
23. Green Bay - Jackson
25. Baltimore - Ray Rice
27. Dallas - Felix Jones

19. Atlanta - Turner and who else? Norwood and sneeling can both be gone
20. Houston - If CJ is available here, no way they don't pick him
21. Cincinnati - LJ is a free agent, CJ would be great here
22. New England - Maroney would pound CJ would Start
23. Green Bay - Jackson ain't s**t
24. Philadelphia - Just drafted McCoy in 2nd round last year and released Westbrook, they would jump at this in no time.
25. Baltimore - Ray Rice and CJ would be a great compliment
26. Arizona - Beanie Wells see Baltimore
27. Dallas - Felix Jones, if the talks about trade are true then CJ is a possibility, but unless he tests for steroids, it ain't ganna happen

19. Atlanta - *edit* I'm thinking of Leon Washington. I dunno, I just feel like RB isn't that much of a priority for Atlanta.
20. Houston - You have to win football games on both sides of the ball. They lost Dunta Robinson, their best corner. They need help in the secondary and that by far is more important than finding some one to help Slaton
21. Cincinnati - This you and I can agree on. He would be a good fit in Cincinnati because he could spell Benson, and even line up in the slot sometimes. On the other hand, Carson wants immediate WR help, and a WR who will start from day 1, so they'll probably go with the Biletnikoff winner
22. New England - Again, he could go here, but if NE is spending a #1 on RB they'd probably want him to be any every down back, because so far Marony has failed.
23. Green Bay - Woops my bad! I meant to put Ryan Grant! But as for Ryan Grant, 282 for 1,253 and 11 TDs. Enough said.
24. Philadelphia - Why on earth would they draft some one in the first round who would see less touches than their 2nd round draft pick a year ago? They obviously want McCoy to start. If they draft Spiller in the first, he should see more touches than McCoy, and we know that wouldn't happen
25. Baltimore - They have McClain and McGahee. They both might not be great, but Rice is their main man. They don't need a player, in the first for that matter, who would only see several touches a game.
26. Arizona - No way in hell they spend another first rounder on a running back. Plus, they have Hightower to compliment Wells.
27. Dallas - This doesn't need an explanation. Not gonna happen.

To be honest, I think Spiller could go to New England like you said, but I dunno I feel like NE would take Matthews instead. Spiller would also be better fit for NE. In San Diego, he and Sproles would be pretty redundant. But oh well like I said this is just for fun!
[ Edited by pwilly52 on Mar 8, 2010 at 5:52 PM ]
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
Miami would be a great possiblity for Spiller. He's from somewhere in florida, Ronnie Browns hurt on a regular basis. That makes sense at the Miami pick.

You have a really good point there. I could see the Dolphins taking Spiller with #12.
Share 49ersWebzone