There are 223 users in the forums

Do you think McCloughan and gang would seriously consider Campbell in the 1st?

Do you think McCloughan and gang would seriously consider Campbell in the 1st?

If we could move back a bit & pick him up I wouldn't mind it.
Definitely...the way I see it, there are 3 OT's in the 1st rd that fit Coach Solari's criteria, which is OL who're light on their feet, highly mobile, able to lead screens, sweeps, and who can zone block. Campbell's probably the most athletic of the top OT's. Okung will be long gone by #13, but Campbell, Bulaga and Charles Brown may be available. Trent Williams isn't light on his feet and isn't a good LT candidate. The others are, so I think one of 'em will be the pick.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Definitely...the way I see it, there are 3 OT's in the 1st rd that fit Coach Solari's criteria, which is OL who're light on their feet, highly mobile, able to lead screens, sweeps, and who can zone block. Campbell's probably the most athletic of the top OT's. Okung will be long gone by #13, but Campbell, Bulaga and Charles Brown may be available. Trent Williams isn't light on his feet and isn't a good LT candidate. The others are, so I think one of 'em will be the pick.

i hope you are right.
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

i hope you are right.

It looks like Coach Solari will get a very up close & personal look at Campbell in OL drills to see if he is someone the 49ers should take in the 1st round.
Depending how he works out he may be gone before we pick.
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for MRNINESEVEN.
Originally posted by Butter:
Originally posted by Niners23:
Wow, this guy just got measured at 36 1/4" and that is huge. Going off of McCloughan's penchant for workout warriors, and the fact that Campbell will be the most athletically gifted OL in a long time, do you guys think Solari and Sing would strongly consider drafting him if he were there?

I'm hoping that Al Davis stays true to form and grabs Campbell, pushing someone better down to the Niners...again.

Dude if Al Davis stays true to form then he drafts Jimmy Claussen to push Russell!! LOL!!! it could happen!
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by Butter:
Originally posted by Niners23:
Wow, this guy just got measured at 36 1/4" and that is huge. Going off of McCloughan's penchant for workout warriors, and the fact that Campbell will be the most athletically gifted OL in a long time, do you guys think Solari and Sing would strongly consider drafting him if he were there?

I'm hoping that Al Davis stays true to form and grabs Campbell, pushing someone better down to the Niners...again.

Dude if Al Davis stays true to form then he drafts Jimmy Claussen to push Russell!! LOL!!! it could happen!

Haha
Share 49ersWebzone