LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Geek's Mock Plan v3.0

Geek, Good mock off-season, but I'd switch Rolle with picking up Robinson from Texans. Rolle isn't that good of a tackler and unlike you, I like Goldson back there. I do think we need a safety upgrade but it's for Lewis not Goldson. Other than that, I'm loving your offseason. Well, I'd go for Logan Mankins before Neal, but either way, we upgrade our interior line as well as RT in this mock.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea pretty solid mock only thing I would change is if I were to trade up for a earlier 2nd round I would go with the best Cb on the board over Spikes. To be honest I don't think Spikes is worth a trade up. I would prefer getting another young CB added at this point over a back up ILB. I don't' mind either of the signings.

Agreed CB - McCourty at the # 2 spot if he available
- Don't be surprised if they don't re-sign Bly. Singletary/Mac want to get younger, faster guys at CB.

- No on Neal...why would they sign a 33-yr old OG when they can draft a good one argubly in 3rd rd for a heckuva lot less $$. OL Coach Solari can coach up rookies to start and be productive their 1st season.

- Not convinced Cards won't re-sign Rolle...Warner's retired and I don't see them paying the big bucks Dansby's sure to command. They should have the $$...

- Love Spiller...HR threat we just don't have now. Not as high on Trent Williams...although he played well at RG, usually 1st rd picks can play both LT and RT. He wasn't so good at LT. So, I see one of these three guys: Campbell, Bulaga, Charles Brown. All of those guys are agile and can zone block, two prerequisites for OL Coach Solari.

- I don't get Spikes...yes, he's a good player, but it's not anything close to a pressing need. 2nd rd is great spot to grab one of the top CB's...Perrish Cox would be excellent. Good cover CB, excellent tackler and KR guy. Good chance they don't re-sign Bly and Brown showed he's not ready to be a starter.

- 3rd. I don't know Evans...but I do know Singletary/Mac want an OG...and they can get one of the best here in Mike Johnson. Played both OG and OT for Nick Saban and is adept at zone blocking. Remember...upgrading the OL is Singletary's highest priority.

- I don't know why they'd make the trade you suggest...they have 9 picks, 4 of 'em in the first 3 rds. So, in 4th, good spot for OLB, DL, WR.

Rest are fine. There will be some interesting battles in TC this year...roster spots will be hotly contested at a number of positions. We could see 3 new OL on the roster...maybe a couple DL...new CB, new RB, new WR, new TE.
Outside of the first 3 picks I dont like it much. Sam Shields was one of the biggest dissapointments in Miami his whole career. All I've ever heard is how much of an underachiever he's been. There's a better answer at that point then someone thats not going to even compete for a roster spot.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
- Don't be surprised if they don't re-sign Bly. Singletary/Mac want to get younger, faster guys at CB.

- No on Neal...why would they sign a 33-yr old OG when they can draft a good one argubly in 3rd rd for a heckuva lot less $$. OL Coach Solari can coach up rookies to start and be productive their 1st season.

- Not convinced Cards won't re-sign Rolle...Warner's retired and I don't see them paying the big bucks Dansby's sure to command. They should have the $$...

- Love Spiller...HR threat we just don't have now. Not as high on Trent Williams...although he played well at RG, usually 1st rd picks can play both LT and RT. He wasn't so good at LT. So, I see one of these three guys: Campbell, Bulaga, Charles Brown. All of those guys are agile and can zone block, two prerequisites for OL Coach Solari.

- I don't get Spikes...yes, he's a good player, but it's not anything close to a pressing need. 2nd rd is great spot to grab one of the top CB's...Perrish Cox would be excellent. Good cover CB, excellent tackler and KR guy. Good chance they don't re-sign Bly and Brown showed he's not ready to be a starter.

- 3rd. I don't know Evans...but I do know Singletary/Mac want an OG...and they can get one of the best here in Mike Johnson. Played both OG and OT for Nick Saban and is adept at zone blocking. Remember...upgrading the OL is Singletary's highest priority.

- I don't know why they'd make the trade you suggest...they have 9 picks, 4 of 'em in the first 3 rds. So, in 4th, good spot for OLB, DL, WR.

Rest are fine. There will be some interesting battles in TC this year...roster spots will be hotly contested at a number of positions. We could see 3 new OL on the roster...maybe a couple DL...new CB, new RB, new WR, new TE.

Respect your opinion bro. Thanks for the thought out post.

- I much rather have Neal than two rookies starting on the right side. My worry isn't about Solari coaching up a rookie into starting material, its that McCloughan can consistently failed in obtaining tangible solutions along the O-line in the draft besides Staley.

- Rolle is rumored to get cut though. He currently isn't a RFA or UFA.

- I think CB in the 2nd is prob the most ideal route the 49ers go. I just wanted to add some distinct flavor to the mock :-P
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
Outside of the first 3 picks I dont like it much. Sam Shields was one of the biggest dissapointments in Miami his whole career. All I've ever heard is how much of an underachiever he's been. There's a better answer at that point then someone thats not going to even compete for a roster spot.

Besides Shields (who would be a 7th rounder in the mock), what specific do you not like?
Share 49ersWebzone