LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 210 users in the forums

wide receivers who can be deep threats

a couple that might be good mid rd picks are carlton mitchell of south florida, and a guy im impressed with, stephen williams of toledo,...mitchell is 6-4, williams is 6-5

thoughts on these two, or other possible receivers who could be deep threats?
We really do need a big tall WR. A lot of these teams have guys like Marshall on Denver or Colston in N.O. or Vincent Jackson in S.D. or Fitzgerald in Arizona. You just throw it up high and they come down with it even if they are covered. That's an incredible weapon and a dimension we don't have.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 29, 2010 at 5:21 PM ]
Just look at the Senior Bowl practice reports and there is another option playing tomorrow - Taylor Price, WR Ohio U. 6'1" 212 lbs and supposedly going to run in the low 4.3's at the Combine.

Here is an excerpt from Rob Rang at NFL Draft Scout.com:

WR Taylor Price, Ohio: Inconsistent quarterback play kept Price from earning the national acclaim his skills warrant, but he took advantage of the Senior Bowl stage to skyrocket up draft boards. His explosive speed and body control to adjust to poorly thrown passes had scouts this week comparing him to Chicago Bears rookie Johnny Knox.
i know a lot of you think that the walterfootball-guys arent knowledgeable at all but just read the following comment by matt mcguire who is in mobile now:
"Anyone who says Ohio's Taylor Price had a good Senior Bowl week doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. He has very, very, very inconsistent hands - or shall we call them bricks? I don't mean to kill the guy, but the Draft-analyst-who-shall-not-be named on ESPN has been hyping him up a lot this week. He's an athlete; not a football player. The receivers coach told Price, "You gotta sell the slant, just like one-on-ones!" "
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Just look at the Senior Bowl practice reports and there is another option playing tomorrow - Taylor Price, WR Ohio U. 6'1" 212 lbs and supposedly going to run in the low 4.3's at the Combine.

Here is an excerpt from Rob Rang at NFL Draft Scout.com:

WR Taylor Price, Ohio: Inconsistent quarterback play kept Price from earning the national acclaim his skills warrant, but he took advantage of the Senior Bowl stage to skyrocket up draft boards. His explosive speed and body control to adjust to poorly thrown passes had scouts this week comparing him to Chicago Bears rookie Johnny Knox.

I've liked him all year and would be very happy if the team got him. He is a better receiver than Heyward-Bey who was the first receiver selected last year. The reason Price is getting no respect is because he comes from a small school with bad quarterback play.
Originally posted by communist:
i know a lot of you think that the walterfootball-guys arent knowledgeable at all but just read the following comment by matt mcguire who is in mobile now:
"Anyone who says Ohio's Taylor Price had a good Senior Bowl week doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. He has very, very, very inconsistent hands - or shall we call them bricks? I don't mean to kill the guy, but the Draft-analyst-who-shall-not-be named on ESPN has been hyping him up a lot this week. He's an athlete; not a football player. The receivers coach told Price, "You gotta sell the slant, just like one-on-ones!" "

I don't think he knows what he's talking about. I haven't seen all the practices but the ones I did see he looked pretty damn good and got open a lot even though he dropped 2 or 3. He doesn't have great hands but they're not DHB or Troy Williamson bad.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We really do need a big tall WR. A lot of these teams have guys like Marshall on Denver or Colston in N.O. or Vincent Jackson in S.D. or Fitzgerald in Arizona. You just throw it up high and they come down with it even if they are covered. That's an incredible weapon and a dimension we don't have.

Danario Alexander
i would wait til next year for the tall receiver...

we could be looking at j.jones, j.baldwin, aj.green, m.moore to name a few...
all 6-4 or taller, excellent leapers, solid hands, good ball skills.
one of them will be available to us no matter where we draft
or even if one or two stay in school.
Share 49ersWebzone