There are 235 users in the forums

***AB's 2010 Collaborative Mock Draft- Picks/Trades Thread** 2 ROUNDS OVER

Well since the Niners lose out on the Kyle Wilson gamble, they go for the next best choice on the board and select:

Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma State

After a great Senior bowl and outstanding combine numbers, Cox slides up the 49ers draft boards, even with the character issues. At 6'0, 195lbs, he provides the body and playing style to be a true shut down corner. Will be challenging Brown from day 1 for the nickel position, will be the protegé to Clements.

Also, provides a true returner for the niners and will start as our punt returner right after leaving the podium.
The Kansas City Chiefs select - Mardy Gilyard, WR, Cincinnatti.
[ Edited by Fincham11 on Jan 29, 2010 at 1:23 PM ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
After years of clamoring from the fans, the Houston Texans made strides at the safety position last year with the coup of signing Bernard Pollard, aka The Patkiller. Now they finally pull the trigger early in the draft to get him a running mate at the S position. With prototypical size, 6'2, 215, and proven ball skills, they are elated to grab:

S Reshad Jones - Georgia
Pittsburgh selects

Brandon Ghee CB Wake Forest 6'0" 191 4.45
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
The Denver Broncos select Maurkice Pouncey, center, from Florida.
With their 2nd round pick the Cincinnati Bengals select

Brandon Lafell WR LSU

Bengals take a WR to replace the late Chris Henry (RIP). Considered taking a pass catching TE but i believe if healthy Chase Coffman can be the TE of the future. Not to mention there are other TE's to be had later in the draft!

posted something thought it ws my pick

mods delete
[ Edited by rspinale on Jan 30, 2010 at 10:49 AM ]
Philadelphia Eagles select S Nate Allen - USF

subbing in for cgida, the Pack take Ricky Sapp, OLB Clemson
Did the Bengals pick Lafell of Gresham??? Yesterday when I checked it was Lafell and today it is Gresham.

If they chose lafell the Ravens select Jermaine Gresham TE

If they really did chose Gresham then the Ravens take Devin McCourty CB

Originally posted by rspinale:
Did the Bengals pick Lafell of Gresham??? Yesterday when I checked it was Lafell and today it is Gresham.

Thats my bad, thought it was Gresham, but it was LaFell.

Gave ya Gresham.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by rspinale:

Thats my bad, thought it was Gresham, but it was LaFell.

Gave ya Gresham.

thanks AB
Wow rspinale...were you reading read my mind...with the 58th pick in the 2010 NFL draft the Arizona Cardinals select one of the greatest players out of Rutgers..CB Devin McCourty.

The Cards desperately need a playmaker opposite DRC and with the rumours of Suggs going to AZ we'll look for a possible OLB in the later rounds. McCourty is tough as nails, superb tackler, with the talent and athleticism to play man coverage in the NFL.

Having already addressed their need at S
The Dallas Cowboys try to add some youth to their ILB position
Dallas Cowboys select
Daryl Washington
Inside Linebacker | Texas Christian | SR
Height: 6-3 | Weight: 234 | 40-Time: 4.60
Strengths:
Very athletic --- Excellent speed --- Quick and agile --- Explosive with a burst --- Outstanding sideline-to-sideline range --- Does a fantastic job in pursuit --- Fluid hips and excels in coverage --- Active and extremely aggressive --- Powerful hitter --- Can work through traffic and avoid blocks --- Offers some versatility --- Has a lot of special teams potential.

Weaknesses:
Undersized and lacks the ideal bulk that you look for --- Needs to get stronger --- Struggles to shed blockers --- Average instincts --- Misses the occasional tackle --- Does not have great hands --- Will have to do a better job of protecting his legs --- May not be a fit for every scheme.

Notes:
Technically just a one-year starter for the Horned Frogs but played extensively earlier in his career --- Was named 1st Team All-Mountain West as a senior --- Blocked four punts during his college career, including three in 2007 which tied him for the nations lead --- Played inside linebacker in college but could also project outside (WILL) at the next level --- Enjoyed a standout senior campaign and really shot up draft boards --- Best fit will come in a defensive scheme that keeps him clean, allowing him to roam free and flow to the ball --- Underpublicized but super talented with a terrific blend of production and physical tools.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/ILB/Daryl-Washington.php

The SanDiego Chargers select:

Ryan Matthews, RB Fresno State
Share 49ersWebzone