There are 253 users in the forums

Terance Cody in the second round?

Originally posted by JoseCortez:

I dont see any muscle mass in this picture.

Looks bad plays great.
Originally posted by jta854:

Looks bad plays great.

If the NFL doesn't work out, he could always star on the Biggest Loser. Maybe him and Andre Smith should have a race shirtless on the beeches of Miami.
Interested to see how he does on the bench. Yea, I know haha the bench press, but we'll see if he has any power at all under the 3 inches of fat.
Cody is at 354!!!!!

He may not make it to the second. He surely won't make it to us in the second. If he does, he's a serious consideration.

When he wants, he can focus. This weight loss demonstrates it. Can he maintain it is another question?

Is the Combine thread fixed?

[ Edited by ninertico on Feb 27, 2010 at 10:20:18 ]
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ninertico:
Cody is at 354!!!!!

He may not make it to the second. He surely won't make it to us in the second. If he does, he's a serious consideration.

When he wants, he can focus. This weight loss demonstrates it. Can he maintain it is another question?

The 354 is very impressive but I still think he'd be better off if he could get to 345 or less
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smileyman:
Cody is at 354!!!!!

The 354 is very impressive but I still think he'd be better off if he could get to 345 or less

From Mort

Quote:
As far as Cody weighing 354, Saban has told NFL folks that's as low as they could get him at Bama.
He lost 16 pounds in like 3-4 weeks. Thats not really impressive when he was coming down from 370. Ever seen the biggest loser? They can loose that in 2 weeks.
Given Franklin's contract situation, the club will very likely drft a NT in this draft, especially when experts are toiuting DL as the deepest position in this draft.

Personally, I believe that NT Dan Williams is a very likely Round 1 pick for the Niners. If the club does not go that way, then, absolutely, Cody is a viable candidate in Round 2.

"It's a big man's game", says McCloughan. I don't want to see Wilfork Part 2, where the club passed on a dominating NT to draft a skinny-a$$ WR, who never made an impact.

I have much confidence in Tomsula's coaching ability.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Given Franklin's contract situation, the club will very likely drft a NT in this draft, especially when experts are toiuting DL as the deepest position in this draft.

Personally, I believe that NT Dan Williams is a very likely Round 1 pick for the Niners. If the club does not go that way, then, absolutely, Cody is a viable candidate in Round 2.

"It's a big man's game", says McCloughan. I don't want to see Wilfork Part 2, where the club passed on a dominating NT to draft a skinny-a$$ WR, who never made an impact.

Doesn't matter much if he can't keep his weight under control. Might not value him as much as if he could.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Doesn't matter much if he can't keep his weight under control. Might not value him as much as if he could.

But he current weight drop does demonstrate focus. You just don't lose close to twenty pounds unless you are a determined individual. The question is whether he can maintain it and show consistency.

If he does anything close to what Jamal Williams did for SD, he certainly would be considered a first rounder.

Is he worth it at #17...IMO, no....not with D. Williams being there.

I think he will go no later than to NE or KC in the second as both have multi picks in the second, right?

Originally posted by jta854:

Looks bad plays great.

He looks like Chris Johnson with a Thyroid problem....
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:

But he current weight drop does demonstrate focus. You just don't lose close to twenty pounds unless you are a determined individual. The question is whether he can maintain it and show consistency.

If he does anything close to what Jamal Williams did for SD, he certainly would be considered a first rounder.

Is he worth it at #17...IMO, no....not with D. Williams being there.

I think he will go no later than to NE or KC in the second as both have multi picks in the second, right?

They do, as does Tampa who could use a big bodied run stopper in the middle. Miami could use him as well, but Parcells may be leery of his weight issues. Pioli may fall into the same boat and one could take Cam Thomas in place.

I think with Saban saying that he could never get under 354 that teams will be scared that the kid lacks the determination to keep it under control and he could drop to the bottom of the 2nd, maybe even the top of the 3rd.

The interview process will be an important factor for him here and the follow up will be even bigger. IMO to be a late 1st/early 2nd rounder he will need to be under 350 come Bama's pro day.
Could Cody go in the 1st to the Chargers now that they released Hampton? They need a stong RB too but they can get that in the 2nd round. This draft is very deep in big RB. Wish McCough waited til this year to get his RB, there is sure to be better prospects in the 3rd this year than Coffee last year.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Could Cody go in the 1st to the Chargers now that they released Hampton? They need a stong RB too but they can get that in the 2nd round. This draft is very deep in big RB. Wish McCough waited til this year to get his RB, there is sure to be better prospects in the 3rd this year than Coffee last year.

The Chargers cut Jamal Williams and yes they could be in the market for a NT late in the first. Since they are keeping Sproles, they also may consider Jonathan Dwyer, Ryan Matthews or Toby Gerhart with their late first round pick.

In regards to RB's, there are always bodies available in the draft. McCloughan made a good decision IMO last year by drafting Coffee because the only alternatives were MRob and Thomas Clayton (.....the best pre-season RB in history). It didn't work out, but there are plenty of options this year to add a decent third option.

[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Mar 5, 2010 at 09:32:03 ]
It looks like the Chargers could pursue him, but the Brown's are also dangling Shaun Rogers. He's also a nice option for them. I think Cody will squeeze into the 1st round.
Share 49ersWebzone