LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 207 users in the forums

List the top three player you DONT want to see us draft

• rtj03
  • Veteran
I will start off with:

1) Taylor Mays: Do I really need to go into this
2) Trent Williams: He is very over rated and is only good enough to be a RT in college where he didnt have to face the elite pass rushers.
3) Joe Haden: It would not be the end of the world but he is not a shut down corner. He is the best in this years draft but nothing really special. Reminds me of the guy from Ohio State last year that the Saints drafted and is terrible this year. Also, to many other holes to fill first.
Taylor Mays, Tim Tebow, Earl Thomas
1) Taylor Mays - obviously overrated
2) Dez Bryant - bigger needs than another wr
3) Earl Thomas - didnt impress me at all
earl thomas looks like another mark roman, undersized and got piggyback rides against alabama, looks like he would be a terrible tackler in the nfl, seems very weak to me.

trent williams- think overhyped too

= if i were to do this draft i would take rolando mcClain and CJ spiller if both those players landed for us.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
earl thomas looks like another mark roman, undersized and got piggyback rides against alabama, looks like he would be a terrible tackler in the nfl, seems very weak to me.

trent williams- think overhyped too

= if i were to do this draft i would take rolando mcClain and CJ spiller if both those players landed for us.

Earl Thomas is the exact opposite of Roman. He's great in coverage and a ballhawk, he's just weak in run support because he's not fully developed yet. But he's going to turn out way better than Roman.

My 3:

1. Taylor Mays-dude takes horrible angles, can't cover, and isn't a ball hawk. Pretty much the exact opposite of what we want from the position.
2. Jermaine Gresham-we don't need a TE at all, so that'd be a bad pick
3. Tim Tebow-we don't have time to wait around on another spread QB.
Sam Bradford
Colt McCoy
Jimmy Clausen
Tim Tebow

oops thats 4
1.) Taylor Mays
2.) Tim Tebow
3.) Mt. Cody (At least not in the first round)

[ Edited by Karma on Jan 10, 2010 at 14:03:29 ]
How the hell can you not like Haden?

To each is own I guess but Clements won't always be here. If Haden falls he'd be a very good pick.

My guys.

1. Taylor Mays - I don't want us to even look at his name in the first round. The guy is all hype and didn't even have a good year, notably after 3 linebackers that played in front of him last year all went early in the draft last year and 2 were DROY candidates(1 won)

2. CJ Spiller - I know the webzone has the hots for him but I can't stand drafting backups in the first round. There are guys with similar skill sets available later in the draft

3. Tim Tebow - I don't want QB in the first no matter which it is but I could at least talk myself into liking the pick if it was one of the other guys. Tim is just too big a risk and not one we can take with so many other needs.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Taylor Mays

Tim Tebow

CJ Spiller
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Sam Bradford
Colt McCoy
Jimmy Clausen
Tim Tebow

oops thats 4

Your crazy! If Bradford is there we would be blessed! The others are terrible but Bradford is a legit qb prospect.

Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Taylor Mays, Tim Tebow, Earl Thomas
taylor mays in round 2 would be good value
Taylor Mays, George Selvie, Ricky Sapp. I don't think either of the last two would fare well as 3-4 OLBs.

I could be wrong, but I just don't see the strength or short-area quickness needed to excel there.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 10, 2010 at 14:39:27 ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Taylor Mays

Tim Tebow

CJ Spiller
To say that we shouldnt draft any of these guys is rediculous. Its a question of where they are drafted. What if we trade back grabbing an extra second and can still get Mays? or McCoy is there when we pick in round two...both unlikely, but you shouldnt just say never draft a first round talent.
Share 49ersWebzone