LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

OFFICIAL Senior Bowl 2010

Originally posted by strickac:
Did they show T. Cody? I expect that he'll dominate in the one-on-one matchups.

Alright, I'll stop asking questions and wait to watch it myself.

Thanks again to those that have been posting updates.

He will have some huge(no pun intended) questions about his ability to keep his weight in check.

It will be good to see if he can shed some of that before the combine
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

* Roger Saffold- I have no idea why he is not at the Senior Bowl. He was dominant at the East-West Shrine, and he is probably better than any OT on the Senior Bowl roster this week, now that Brown and Williams seem to be sitting this week out.

Speaking of snubs. I have no idea why Freddie Barnes didn't get an invite after his dominant showing in his bowl game and his record setting season.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

* Jon Asamoah- Love the athlete if the Niners bypass OG in the first round. I think he's an upgrade over Baas and Rachal. Big, strong, mobile. Might break 5.00 at the combine.

Do you think the Niners could place Asamoah (R2, #49) on the starting line from day one? I know you advocate two OL in R1, but isn't the only way to replace either Baas (R2, #33) or Rachal (R2, #39) is with a first rounder?

I think he could start from day one. He's got great feet and great hands and massive size. I'll be interested to see if he works out at all at the tackle spot this week.
Originally posted by saniner:

He will have some huge(no pun intended) questions about his ability to keep his weight in check.

He's just an enormous man. Wasn't he around 410lbs a few years ago? Plenty of DTs in the NFL look sloppy. He's still a beast on the inside.
Though I doubt he'll be available for us in the 2nd, I'd love to pick up Kyle Wilson, who's apparently tearing it up at the Senior Bowl. Mayock ranked him 2nd among cornerbacks, and Mayock's really good with his skill position rankings, esp. with DBs.
Originally posted by dhp318:
Though I doubt he'll be available for us in the 2nd, I'd love to pick up Kyle Wilson, who's apparently tearing it up at the Senior Bowl. Mayock ranked him 2nd among cornerbacks, and Mayock's really good with his skill position rankings, esp. with DBs.

I cannot imagine a first round with only 1 CB as valuable as they are. If he is indeed the 2nd highest rated corner he will be gone before we pick again in rd 2.
Originally posted by dhp318:

He was a DB in the NFL.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I did not need to see cody shirtless.
Here are some notes that I have been collecting:
*QB Sean Canfield, Oregon State- I have been concerned for some time with his arm strength, and did double-takes on reading some analysts say he has a strong arm. I just don't see it, and maybe the Senior Bowl is beginning to show this potential problem at the next level.

*Mike Iupati- I have been advocating for some time now using the 13th pick on this player. I understand it may be a reach, but I think he is special, and I'd hate to see another team reach at 14, 15, or 16 (if the Titans get that pick) to pick him. By the way, Iupati has the longest arms at the Senior Bowl: 35". Good sign.

* The corners- Kyle Wilson, Perrish Cox, Devin McCourty, Syd'Quan Thompson, Javier Arenas. Going into this week, I've been advocating a strong second round look at Kyle Wilson to take over the nickel and PR duties in 2009. He looked sharp today. He might be one of the fastest three or four players at the combine. Cox is also a terrific athlete. My only concern is off the field. Thompson is going to be exposed at the next level, unless he plays a Cover-2. I just do not think he has enough recovery speed. I like McCourty, but wonder if he can add PR to his outstanding skills in KR and special teams. Terrific athlete, and big time speed. And, I have been saying all along that Arenas is short, short, short. I believe he listed at 5'8". Yikes!!!

* Jon Asamoah- Love the athlete if the Niners bypass OG in the first round. I think he's an upgrade over Baas and Rachal. Big, strong, mobile. Might break 5.00 at the combine.

* Marty Gilyard- Another player I love in college, but not at the next level. I just don't see that extra gear to be a difference maker at WR. Just skeptical.

* Roger Saffold- I have no idea why he is not at the Senior Bowl. He was dominant at the East-West Shrine, and he is probably better than any OT on the Senior Bowl roster this week, now that Brown and Williams seem to be sitting this week out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final note: If anyone scores in this game, on offense, I will be shocked. In fact, there might be more scoring on defense than offense.

Lupati, do you think with his long arms, do you think he may play RT?
Originally posted by saniner:

He's just an enormous man. Wasn't he around 410lbs a few years ago? Plenty of DTs in the NFL look sloppy. He's still a beast on the inside.

That is just gross. It is Andre Smith man boobs revisited. Let's just hope he doesn't do the 40 without his shirt on like Smith did last year.

As a draft pick, I hope the Niners pass on him because he is just a two down player.

Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

Do you think the Niners could place Asamoah (R2, #49) on the starting line from day one? I know you advocate two OL in R1, but isn't the only way to replace either Baas (R2, #33) or Rachal (R2, #39) is with a first rounder?

I like the idea of drafting a OG in the 3rd or later. If they bring in a rookie, they could let him compete with Baas. That way they are not overpaying, but if they get one in the 3rd or 4th, the rookie might be able to beat out Baas head to head in TC.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Mayock has Suh second to McCoy? I couldn't disagree more.

He said that?

Originally posted by Mayock:
Defensive tackles
Rk Player School
1 Gerald McCoy* Oklahoma
2 Ndamukong Suh Nebraska
3 Jared Odrick Penn State
4 Dan Williams Tennessee
5 Lamarr Houston Texas

wow!
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by smileyman:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
thats it, end of practice.

My top guys:

GOOD:

OG Jon Asamoah, Illinois
OT Vlad Duccasse, UMASS
CB Kyle Wilson, Boise State
CB Devin McCourty, Rutgers
DT Cam Thomas, North Carolina

BAD:

CB Syd'Quan Thompson, Cal
WR Mardy Gilyard, Cincinnati
QB Sean Canfield, Oregon State

Have to agree. Canfield's passes looked weak coming out. Ducasse really impressed me at LT. Quick feet, good use of his hands. Wilson really impressed me as well. If he continues to shine this week he might move into the first round. Thompson looked flat out there. Didn't have quick hips, got beat on long routes. Gilyard was inconsistent in catching. Granted you're playing with an unfamiliar QB but the practice is only half-pads. You should be making the catches.

I'll chalk it up to a slow start for Mardy. I'm sure he'll get it together. As for Thompson.. I expected that. Syd has not once impressed me in any action I've seen him in. Ever. He was rocked by Utah's receivers in the bowl game and just doesn't look like anything other than an extra defensive back in the NFL.

You have him on your board as a 3rd round talent. Wouldnt that be too high then for a guy that will only be an extra back?

Fringe 3rd rounder, actually. Late 3rd to Early 4th. He's one guy I've held off on moving down yet until the Senior Bowl practices. It might be safe to do so now.
Here are some notes that I have been collecting:
*QB Sean Canfield, Oregon State- I have been concerned for some time with his arm strength, and did double-takes on reading some analysts say he has a strong arm. I just don't see it, and maybe the Senior Bowl is beginning to show this potential problem at the next level.

*Mike Iupati- I have been advocating for some time now using the 13th pick on this player. I understand it may be a reach, but I think he is special, and I'd hate to see another team reach at 14, 15, or 16 (if the Titans get that pick) to pick him. By the way, Iupati has the longest arms at the Senior Bowl: 35". Good sign.

* The corners- Kyle Wilson, Perrish Cox, Devin McCourty, Syd'Quan Thompson, Javier Arenas. Going into this week, I've been advocating a strong second round look at Kyle Wilson to take over the nickel and PR duties in 2009. He looked sharp today. He might be one of the fastest three or four players at the combine. Cox is also a terrific athlete. My only concern is off the field. Thompson is going to be exposed at the next level, unless he plays a Cover-2. I just do not think he has enough recovery speed. I like McCourty, but wonder if he can add PR to his outstanding skills in KR and special teams. Terrific athlete, and big time speed. And, I have been saying all along that Arenas is short, short, short. I believe he listed at 5'8". Yikes!!!

* Marty Gilyard- Another player I love in college, but not at the next level. I just don't see that extra gear to be a difference maker at WR. Just skeptical.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final note: If anyone scores in this game, on offense, I will be shocked. In fact, there might be more scoring on defense than offense.

where would you see iupati fitting in for 49ers---guard or right tackle? would you think he is a definete starter as a rookie? who would he displace?
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by hofer36:

where would you see iupati fitting in for 49ers---guard or right tackle? would you think he is a definete starter as a rookie? who would he displace?

Guard.

Staley, Iupati, Heitmann, Rachal, Williams.

That would be a formidable line.
Share 49ersWebzone