LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 172 users in the forums

End of the season mock 1 to 17 (revised again with comments 2.0)

Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
13 San Francisco 8-8 = CJ Spiller Clemson RB
14 Seattle (from Denver) = Mike Iupati Idaho G
15 New York Giants 8-8 = Taylor Mays USC S
16F Tennessee 8-8 = Jason Pierre-Paul South Florida DE
16F San Francisco (from Carolina) 8-8 = Trent Williams Oklahoma OT

I would rather see the 49ers go with: OG Mike Iupati at #13. I like the Williams pick.

exactly
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Wow if this mock happened, NYG's safeties would be FS Kenny Phillips (a beast) and SS Taylor Mays (a beast). Goodnight NFC East receivers.

Let the Giants have Taylor Mays. He's this generations Brian Bosworth.
We need to go OL with pick 13 period. You build from the trenches....I don't care if Spiller becomes the next D Jax.....the Niners need to take care of the trenches first. I know we need help on special teams too but OL needs to be top priority
Thats hard on the eyes, you should space it out and bold the player names. just some friendly advice.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KOniner:
1 St. Louis 1-15 = Ndamukong Suh Nebraska DT: A tean devoid of talent needing help on both sides of the line. This one is a no brainer.
2 Detroit 2-14 = Russell Okung Oklahoma State OT: They invested the number overall pick last year on their QB. This time they need some to help protect that pick for the next ten years.
3 Tampa Bay 3-13 = Gerald McCoy Oklahoma DT: No longer the feared DL they once were.
4 Washington 4-12 = Jimmy Clausen Notre Dame QB: Campbell experiment is officially over. With Shannahan running WCO, need a WCO QB and here's Jimmy Clausen.
5 Kansas City 4-12 = Eric Berry Tennesseee S: There defense pretty much needs everything and the OL needs patching up. Since OL is a little too high at this pick, go with the best remaining defensive player on the board.
6 Seattle 5-11 = Anthony Davis Rutgers OT: Should they pick up OL help or go after the remaining QB with top ten talent in Bradford. Go to go with OL with Davis and hope Bradford falls to their second first rounder.
7 Cleveland 5-11 = Joe Haden Florida CB: RB Spiller looks real attractive at this point. He can play KR, PR, slot, as well as RB. And he can block well for his size. But RB is not a big need while CB is. Haden is the best available CB worthy of top ten, so go to go with Haden.
8 Oakland 5-11 = Rolando McClain Alabama LB: Should they pick up QB Bradford or go with OL help? Bradford's arm is not the type Al Davis likes and this is too high for the remaining OL. So think they go with defense in McClain--although not as fast as Willis--can be good in the middle.
9 Buffalo 6-10 = Dez Bryant Oklahoma State WR: Buffalo needs some defensive help but with TO getting up their in years and not knowing when he'll implode, Bryant seems like a worthy pick. Some may say a little high for Bryant but with Miami and Denver hoping he falls to them and Buffalo's penchant for reaching in the first round, Buffalo makes the pick.
10F Jacksonville 7-9 = Derrick Morgan Georgia Tech DE: Anyone who saw that Jacksonville game vs. San Francisco knows how bad their pass rush is. With Morgan still available and filling an area of need, this is a no brainer.
10F Denver (from Chicago) = Sam Bradford Oklahoma QB: Their LBs have not been good at all but with McClain already taken, may look closely at LB Spikes. But that seems too high here unless he knocks them out at the combine. With Denver's second half swan dive, Orton is not answer. So pick up the next QB with top ten talent in Bradford.
12 Miami 7-9 = Dan Williams Tennessee DT: Need DTs, LBs, and WRs. Were hoping Dez Bryant or McClain last here but already taken. Probably want to trade out but if they cannot, will go with the next DT on their board to fill a need.
13 San Francisco 8-8 = CJ Spiller Clemson RB: Tough choice. Like last year, when the choice was between Oher and Crabtree, here it is between Spiller (great talent who falls to them) and Iupati/Trent Williams. Do you finally shore the OL here or go with best available talent worthy of the pick? GM SM always stated go with best talent available at that pick, irregardless of position. Therefore, they choose Spiller instead of Iupati (who I really like).
14 Seattle (from Denver) = Mike Iupati Idaho G: Since Bradford does not last, Seattle goes with patching up their line for the next decade with Iupati. Personally hate this but Seattle is not blind. The man can play.
15 New York Giants 8-8 = Taylor Mays USC S: They could go for DT help as well but Mount Cody seems too much of a reach here. OL might also be a consideration but feel they want to address defense first. Another S Earl Thomas also might be the pick but feel Mays' talent is too much for them to reject. Of course this can change with the all-star bowl games and combine but for now, this is the pick.
16F Tennessee 8-8 = Jason Pierre-Paul South Florida DE: They really would have wanted McClain, but with his stock rising, he won't be available by the time they pick. Therefore, go with the best available player remaining on the charts for their defense to help with their aging pass rushers.
16F San Francisco (from Carolina) 8-8 = Trent Williams Oklahoma OT: Was hoping so much Iupati falls here but with Seattle taking him, will need that OL help in Trent Williams. Still not totally sold on him and may prefer trading down here if there are suitors to take OT Campbell from Maryland.

So Anthony Davis is too high for #5 and ok at #6?

Kirk Morrison is a damn good MLB in his own right. Why waste a top 10 pick on another one?
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Wow if this mock happened, NYG's safeties would be FS Kenny Phillips (a beast) and SS Taylor Mays (a beast). Goodnight NFC East receivers.

Let the Giants have Taylor Mays. He's this generations Brian Bosworth.

He wasn't too bad before his injuries
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'll take Spiller 1A for sure.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ktate14:
We need to go OL with pick 13 period. You build from the trenches....I don't care if Spiller becomes the next D Jax.....the Niners need to take care of the trenches first. I know we need help on special teams too but OL needs to be top priority

Lets give out OL some credit dude... Gore just had another 1000+ yrds, if he gets hurt, who will replace him. Coffee???? i'll go with spiller.

We been waiting 4 alex to develop since 2005, lets give the OL some time.....
Originally posted by KOniner:
Revised for more details and better commenting since first comments written while at work.

1 St. Louis 1-15 = Ndamukong Suh Nebraska DT: A team devoid of talent needing help on both sides of the line. This one is a no brainer.

2 Detroit 2-14 = Russell Okung Oklahoma State OT: They invested the number one overall pick last year on their QB. This time they need someone to help protect that pick for the next ten years.

3 Tampa Bay 3-13 = Gerald McCoy Oklahoma DT: No longer the feared DL they once were.

4 Washington 4-12 = Jimmy Clausen Notre Dame QB: Campbell experiment is officially over. With Shannahan running WCO, need a WCO QB and here's Jimmy Clausen.

5 Kansas City 4-12 = Eric Berry Tennesseee S: There defense pretty much needs everything and the OL needs patching up. Since OL is a little too high at this pick if Berry is available, got to go with the best remaining defensive player on the board.

6 Seattle 5-11 = Anthony Davis Rutgers OT: Should they pick up OL help or go after the remaining QB with top ten talent in Bradford. Got to go with OL by reaching a little with Davis here and hope Bradford falls to their second first rounder.

7 Cleveland 5-11 = Joe Haden Florida CB: RB Spiller looks real attractive at this point. He can play KR, PR, slot, as well as RB. And he can block well for his size. But RB is not a big need while CB is. Haden is the best available CB worthy of top ten, so go to go with Haden.

8 Oakland 5-11 = Rolando McClain Alabama LB: Should they pick up QB Bradford or go with OL help? Bradford's arm is not the type Al Davis likes and this is too high for the remaining OL. So think they go with defense in McClain--although not as fast as Willis--can be put in anywhere at LB, but best place is in the middle.

9 Buffalo 6-10 = Dez Bryant Oklahoma State WR: Buffalo needs some defensive help but with TO getting up their in years and not knowing when he'll implode, Bryant seems like a worthy pick. Some may say a little high for Bryant but with Miami and Denver hoping he falls to them and Buffalo's penchant for reaching in the first round, Buffalo makes the pick.

10F Jacksonville 7-9 = Derrick Morgan Georgia Tech DE: Anyone who saw that Jacksonville game vs. San Francisco knows how bad their pass rush is. With Morgan still available and filling an area of need, this is a no brainer.

10F Denver (from Chicago) = Sam Bradford Oklahoma QB: Their LBs have not been good at all but with McClain already taken, may look closely at LB Spikes. But that seems too high here unless he knocks them out at the combine. With Denver's second half swan dive, Orton is not answer. So pick up the next QB with top ten talent in Bradford.

12 Miami 7-9 = Dan Williams Tennessee DT: Need DTs, LBs, and WRs. Were hoping Dez Bryant or McClain last here but already taken. Probably want to trade out but if they cannot, will go with the next DT on their board to fill a need. Another possibility is Spikes if he wows them at the combine.

13 San Francisco 8-8 = CJ Spiller Clemson RB: Tough choice. Like last year, when the choice was between Oher and Crabtree, here it is between Spiller (great talent who falls to them) and Iupati/Trent Williams. Do you finally shore the OL here or go with best available talent worthy of the pick? GM SM always stated go with best talent available at that pick, irregardless of position. Therefore, they choose Spiller instead of Trent Williams or Iupati (who I really like).

14 Seattle (from Denver) = Mike Iupati Idaho G: Since Bradford does not last, Seattle goes with patching up their line for the next decade with Iupati and Davis. Personally hate this but Seattle is not blind. The man can play.

15 New York Giants 8-8 = Taylor Mays USC S: They could go for DT help as well but Mount Cody seems too much of a reach here. OL might also be a consideration but feel they want to address defense first. Another option is S Earl Thomas and LB Spikes but that would be reaching and feel Mays' talent is too much for them to reject. Of course this can change with the all-star bowl games and combine but for now, this is the pick.

16F Tennessee 8-8 = Jason Pierre-Paul South Florida DE: They really would have wanted McClain, but with his stock rising, he won't be available by the time they pick. May look at Spikes but that depends on combine and bowl games. Therefore, go with the best available player remaining on the charts for their defense to help with their aging pass rushers.

16F San Francisco (from Carolina) 8-8 = Trent Williams Oklahoma OT: Was hoping so much Iupati falls here but with Seattle taking him, will need that OL help in Trent Williams. Still not totally sold on him and the team may prefer trading down here for more picks and then hopefully pick up OT Campbell, Bulaga, or Charles Brown later in the round.

well done, except for Carlos Dunlap, if declares, he is a top 17 pick IMO. And i dont think Thomas to NYG is a reach, i actually like Earl Thomas more than Mays and have Thomas ahead of Mays on both overall and positional rankings.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
I dont understand? Why does everyone love CJ Spiller? Depending on how he drops we could snatch hometown boy Jahvid Best who is just as fast, is more productive as a rusher, and can also return punts and kicks? Can someone explain to me the fascination?

Originally posted by Ether:
I dont understand? Why does everyone love CJ Spiller? Depending on how he drops we could snatch hometown boy Jahvid Best who is just as fast, is more productive as a rusher, and can also return punts and kicks? Can someone explain to me the fascination?

He is pretty.

He looks good in his pads, he is going to look good with his shirt off at the combine, and he will put up very good numbers.

He is a good looking athlete who was productive.

Best might be best, but much like DeSean Jackson, is not as pretty.
I love how most zoners think all the 'play-makers' in the world will solve the drudgery of our 'piece of s**t' offensive line.

Might as well just waist our 2 picks on Mel Kiper's 'jerkoff princes', and bring in some more bargain basement linemen that'll either retire before the last pre-season game, or get injured after their 3rd regular season start.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I love how most zoners think all the 'play-makers' in the world will solve the drudgery of our 'piece of s**t' offensive line.

Might as well just waist our 2 picks on Mel Kiper's 'jerkoff princes', and bring in some more bargain basement linemen that'll either retire before the last pre-season game, or get injured after their 3rd regular season start.

Im not too big on Spiller either. He is good, but why waste a top 15 pick on a RB when they are a dime a dozen....
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Im not too big on Spiller either. He is good, but why waste a top 15 pick on a RB when they are a dime a dozen....

I'm with the both of you. He doesn't do much for me. From the games I watched he was basically stuffed or he broke a big one. Kind of reminded me of Fast Willie Parker. Who just so happens to be a free agent.
Share 49ersWebzone