There are 258 users in the forums

Why i would take Sergio Kindle in a second!

• rtj03
  • Veteran
First - let me say that I have been a bit disapointed with his play this year. He really has not put up great stats for a def end.

I really like this guy and think he could be fantastic.

Also let me say that one factor to p willis being so good is that he was a running back in high school. Willis is so fluid on the field and is not stiff hipped like many linebackers and he also can run and catch at the same time. Not all LB can do that. Remember Aron Maybin at the combine last year.

I saw and followed S. Kindle while he was in high school and he was FANTASTIC. Here are some of his accomplishments:

He excelled playing offense and defense at running back and linebacker
Defensively: herecorede 411 tackles and 55 tackles for losses
Offensively: he was a RB and rushed for 5,632 yards and 86 touchdowns over his final three seasons.

This performance earned him the accolade as the only player in Texas to boast all-state honors on both offense and defense in 2005.
He was also named first-team All-American by USA Today as well as a PARADE All-America selection and Parade Player of the Year finalist. He was invited to play in the 2006 U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

Kindle also played basketball as Woodrow Wilson High's starting center. He also ran the 400m, 4×400-meter relay and competed in the long jump.

He is an awesome athlete who can be an OUTSTANDING DE in the 3-4 Defense. He would be all over the field making tackles.

He is super fast and quick - POSSIBLY similar to D. Freeney.

He has performed at Texas and is just not a high school freak. ITs just that he has had a somewhat off senior year.

I would love it if we picked this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Change the "a" in your post title to "the" and you've got it.
He gets drafted in the first though!
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

He will perform well at the combine and go in the first
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Wouldn't he play OLB, not DE in the 3-4?
Originally posted by GEEK:
Wouldn't he play OLB, not DE in the 3-4?

I think the idea is that he is such a good athlete that he will be able to play OLB for us. The next issue of course is will he be able to transition to OLB and be productive for us and would another player be better for us?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

That's what I thought it said.

This
There's no way he'd play DE in the 3-4. He'd play OLB for us, and I'm not a huge fan to be honest. Maybe if he has a good national championship game.
Oh he was good in high school? Sign me up.

Originally posted by tohara3:

This
Share 49ersWebzone