1a Berry
1b Bryan Bulaga
2 Jerry Hughes,

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Dec 3, 2009 at 6:05 AM ]
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Is this from Walter Football Mock???
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for ramanz16.
Looks great, but Hughes lasting until we take him in the second?
Originally posted by Luca:
Is this from Walter Football Mock???

O s**t ya it is srry I forgot to put the link my bad lol
Originally posted by ramanz16:

Hughes will be a mid to late first rounder. There's just a demand for 3-4 rush OLBs. For him to drop to the second round does not seem logical.
http://www.nfldraftdog.com/Mock-Drafts/2010-nfl-mock-draft.html

This mock draft has Hughes going #9 in the 1st round. It also has SF picking Haden at #10 and then Bulaga at #14. Good draft for us but still missing on our pass rusher. So all of those issues will have to be weighed out for our draft. Is Hughes BPA compared to Haden and Bulaga?
Walter's most recent mock would be a dream come true. We can only pray that it happens.
I'd marry that draft. Yeah, those players aren't projected fall that far now, and they probably won't. But its not impossible. Players that are suposed to be top 5-10 fall far every year....

A. Rogers, M. Crabtree, E. Brown, Q. Groves, M. Oher, B. Orakpo, B. Quinn...etc.
Given the draft, I like of course...very much so.

However, I would like to see this instead given where he slotted players:

1a E. Berry SS/FS
1b CJ Spiller RB/RS/WR (if we keep Alex and the spread, perfect fit)
2 T. Williams ROT
3. B. Graham DE/OLB

Yea, like that's going to happen, but I can still dream!
Originally posted by ninertico:

1a E. Berry SS/FS
2 T. Williams ROT
3. B. Graham DE/OLB

Those 4 would give us the equivalent of 4 starters. That would be a great draft for us. Yet all of those 4 are listed, in most mock drafts as all in the 1st round. So if we can get all 4 of them it would be wonderful.

Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Originally posted by ninertico:

1a E. Berry SS/FS
2 T. Williams ROT
3. B. Graham DE/OLB

Those 4 would give us the equivalent of 4 starters. That would be a great draft for us. Yet all of those 4 are listed, in most mock drafts as all in the 1st round. So if we can get all 4 of them it would be wonderful.

There is as much of a chance of that as the Raiders, Rams, and Browns all winning out this year. In other words.. it aint happening.

This site is not the only site rating Hughes as a non-1st rounder. I kinda find it odd myself. It's kinda like the draft situation with Groves, E Brown, M Johnson, Barwin. I guess 250 lb OLB aren't usually rated that high in the eyes of the NFL GMs/Scouts.
Originally posted by kronik:

This site is not the only site rating Hughes as a non-1st rounder. I kinda find it odd myself. It's kinda like the draft situation with Groves, E Brown, M Johnson, Barwin. I guess 250 lb OLB aren't usually rated that high in the eyes of the NFL GMs/Scouts.

Yeah, Hughes is all of the place in the early mocks. Too early to tell where he'll go at this point. He is intriguing to Niners fans because we all know we need a bonafide pass rusher.

I would be pysched if we landed Berry and Baluga in round 1.
If Hughes doesn't fall you could swap him with Norwood and still have a pretty nice draft, IMO.
Its almost like there Niner fans
Share 49ersWebzone