There are 207 users in the forums

Mock Draft 1 (early)

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Quote:
2) Terrence Cody DT (will fall due to lack of versatility)

Why would Terrance Cody fall due to versatility?? I'm pretty sure every Scout, GM and coach know from the get go he is not a versatile player, and should only be projected at one spot in the NFL as a NT.

Agreed. He is a 2 down, 2 gap NT. They are hard to find. With all the 3-4 teams in the NFL now, there is no way Cody falls to the 2nd round.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Quote:

Why would Terrance Cody fall due to versatility?? I'm pretty sure every Scout, GM and coach know from the get go he is not a versatile player, and should only be projected at one spot in the NFL as a NT.

Agreed. He is a 2 down, 2 gap NT. They are hard to find. With all the 3-4 teams in the NFL now, there is no way Cody falls to the 2nd round.

yeah but same thing with allen branch who fell 20 spots farther than he was supposed to
Definitely have some issues with this:

Cuts:
Noddle Arm - Nope! He stays as a backup
Mark Roman - Better this year, but not good enough
Barry Sims
Bruce (retired)
Soap (overpaid, no room with Jean) - He stays even with his contract

Needs:
1) All O line
2) Pass Rush
3) CB/S
4) KR/PR
5) NT

Free Agency:

OLB Shaun Merriman - Stick a fork in him - He's done!
RB Leon Wahington - No way the Jets let him get away
QB Kellen Clemens - If Hill stays, not a need
OG ???????????
OT ???????????

Draft
1st Trent Williams or Bryan Bulaga
1st Trevard Lindley or Joe Haden or Patrick Robinson CB
2nd Derrick Morgan OLB/DE Georgia Tech
3rd Dan Williams DT Tennessee
if we sign any of the guys you listed as free agent pickups i will shoot myself
Originally posted by valrod33:
if we sign any of the guys you listed as free agent pickups i will shoot myself

why washington is solid and is coming off an injury just like Gore which will make him cheaper
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
I'm not a fan of taking a CB early in this draft. All you are getting a special teamer with Clements/Spencer/Brown already under contract.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Quote:

yeah but same thing with allen branch who fell 20 spots farther than he was supposed to

Terrance Cody is a monster compared to Branch, and there were questions about Branch's toughness, which was also the reason why he dropped. T. Cody is strictly a two-gapper, and could never play as a DE in the NFL. If he Cody drops, it will be due to conditioning and/or weight problems.
Okay guys i know its early but now that we have a QB i would just like to predict our offseason:

IF you see a guy who is a free agent from our team just assume he has been resigned.

Cuts:
Noddle Arm
Mark Roman
Barry Sims
Bruce (retired)
Soap (overpaid, no room with Jean)

Needs:
1) RT
2) Pass Rush
3) CB/S
4) KR/PR
5) NT
6) OG

Free Agency:

OLB Shaun Merriman
RB Leon Wahington
QB Kellen Clemens

Draft:

1a) Trent Williams RT
1b) Patrick Robinson CB
3) Trindon Holliday KR/WR
4) Reggie Stephens OG
5) Brett Swenson K
6) Thomas Austin C
7) Scott Sicko TE (beast name)

Roster:
QB: Smith Clemens Davis

RB: Gore Washington Coffee Robinson

FB: Norris

WR: Crabtree Hill Battle

WR: Morgan Jones Holliday

TE: Davis Walker Finley

LT: Staley Snyder

LG: Baas Stephens

C: Heitman Austin

RG: Rachel Wragge

RT: Williams Boone

Defense:

LE: Balmer Evans Jean

NT: Franklin Cody

DE: Smith Mcdonald

LOLB: Lawson Brooks Briggs

MLB: Spikes McKillop

MLB: Willis Wilhem

ROLB: Merriman Haralson

CB: Spencer Robinson Bly

FS: Goldson Smith

SS: Lewis Taylor

CB: Clements Brown Hudson

so we're not going to get a S but we're going to spend a 1st round pick on a position like CB? We're also not going to address the OG position and we're going to re-sign Baas?
God I hope your wrong man! I would love Leon Washington but would much prefer Julius Peppers over Merriman anyday. I hate the Kellen Clemens signing, if Smith emerges as a quality starter why can't Hill be the #2 and Davis the #3?
This team needs to sign a big time OT/OG and a S or passrusher then spend the 1st round picks on the 2 they didn't sign in FA. Either sign a good veteran RB like Washington or spend a 2nd round pick on one.
Spend 2 additional picks on OL/DL there are alot of good lineman in this draft on both sides of the ball and we need to take advantage and stock up. A 3rd round pick this year might have been a high 2nd in recent drafts.
We hopefully will find out we have our QB we def have our RB/WRs/TE/LT/C/DE/ILB/CB/P/K/FB/LS we just need to solidify the OL and get a dynamic passrusher we don't need a huge upgrade at S but we def need something extra back there that we are not getting right now.
Just in general, I think OG needs to be a much higher priority. Even if we re-sign Baas, we need at least one if not two guys to challenge or replace him/Rachal.

The other thing is I don't see any reason why we would go after a CB. Clements is still our #1 guy for a few more years, Spencer is playing great and under contract for a few more years, Brown just got signed to an extension, so that's potentially our top 3 guys for the next few years without even considering Bly or Walt Harris.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Quote:

Yea NT is a really easy position to fill, oh wait it's not. People really don't understand that 1 player in Pitt and SD have for years created some of the toughest run defenses in the league. Cody will very likely be off the board and starting in Pitt, NE, or SD.

Agreed. Nedney signed a 2 year ext. this offseason. If its PS fodder, I think we'll draft a K in the last round.

Heh quoted the wrong post.

Originally posted by znk916:
Just in general, I think OG needs to be a much higher priority. Even if we re-sign Baas, we need at least one if not two guys to challenge or replace him/Rachal.

The other thing is I don't see any reason why we would go after a CB. Clements is still our #1 guy for a few more years, Spencer is playing great and under contract for a few more years, Brown just got signed to an extension, so that's potentially our top 3 guys for the next few years without even considering Bly or Walt Harris.

Yes. We need 2 guards, one earlyish pick to replace the departed Baas and one slightly later to push Rach.

Where has Wallace disappeared to? I don't like the idea of a rookie 6th round pick being the only depth at center.

If we don't do better than this in the draft, we are going to get through qb's at an alarming rate.

And please, no cb in the first. I am a great believer in BPA but sooner or later you have to address the needs.
Okay guys i know its early but now that we have a QB i would just like to predict our offseason:

IF you see a guy who is a free agent from our team just assume he has been resigned.

Cuts:
Noddle Arm
Mark Roman
Barry Sims
Bruce (retired)
Soap (overpaid, no room with Jean)

Needs:
1) RT
2) Pass Rush
3) CB/S
4) KR/PR
5) NT
6) OG

Free Agency:

OLB Shaun Merriman
RB Leon Wahington
QB Kellen Clemens

Draft:

1a) Trent Williams RT
1b) Patrick Robinson CB
3) Trindon Holliday KR/WR
4) Reggie Stephens OG
5) Brett Swenson K
6) Thomas Austin C
7) Scott Sicko TE (beast name)

Roster:
QB: Smith Clemens Davis

RB: Gore Washington Coffee Robinson

FB: Norris

WR: Crabtree Hill Battle

WR: Morgan Jones Holliday

TE: Davis Walker Finley

LT: Staley Snyder

LG: Baas Stephens

C: Heitman Austin

RG: Rachel Wragge

RT: Williams Boone

Defense:

LE: Balmer Evans Jean

NT: Franklin Cody

DE: Smith Mcdonald

LOLB: Lawson Brooks Briggs

MLB: Spikes McKillop

MLB: Willis Wilhem

ROLB: Merriman Haralson

CB: Spencer Robinson Bly

FS: Goldson Smith

SS: Lewis Taylor

CB: Clements Brown Hudson

I do not like any of the FA signings here at all. Merriman - ummm no. Washington had a very bad injury, and Clemens is crap.

Your draft... you select NO passrusher. That is our #1 or #2 priority. I think the Niners have to draft that position with one of our top 3 picks. Also.. kicker? Please. That would be a waste of a 5th rd pick.
Share 49ersWebzone