LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 235 users in the forums

Matt Barkley 2012

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame

He is the real deal. Best QB prospect coming out of USC since Carson Palmer.

Barkley is going to win at least one Heisman in the next couple years.
That's a long time to wait to get a franchise QB, I'd rather get one now.

Plus he'll probably go #1 overall; I hope we don't have that pick when the time comes.
Originally posted by crzy:

man he looks good
Originally posted by kstolai:

man he looks good

Lets at least wait to crown him until he gats through his first season. Mat Leinart looked good at USC and where is he now?? Riding the pine.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
That's a long time to wait to get a franchise QB, I'd rather get one now.

Plus he'll probably go #1 overall; I hope we don't have that pick when the time comes.

Truer words have never been spoken.
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:

man he looks good

Lets at least wait to crown him until he gats through his first season. Mat Leinart looked good at USC and where is he now?? Riding the pine.

Matt Leinart never did what Matt Barkley has done as a freshmen. Dude is so poised has a stronger arm better leadership skills n mechanics than Leinart. I'm a USC fan and Leinart was way overrated coming out like Vince young.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

man he looks good

Matt Leinart never did what Matt Barkley has done as a freshmen. Dude is so poised has a stronger arm better leadership skills n mechanics than Leinart. I'm a USC fan and Leinart was way overrated coming out like Vince young.

He's won what 4 games??? All I'm saying is let him get through a year before saying he's going to be the next great USC quarterback in the NFL.

man he looks good

He's won what 4 games??? All I'm saying is let him get through a year before saying he's going to be the next great USC quarterback in the NFL.

man he looks good

If Leinart was overrated at a senior, whats that make Barkley when people tout him as the No. 1 pick in the 2012 draft?
He's surrounded by tons and tons of talent. He throws a 2 yard pass and guys take it 30 - 40 yards for a TD like today. That's what he's playing with. I don't know let it play out a few more years. He's very young. He seems pretty accurate and has good poise but I don't know about all this #1 pick in 2012 and Heisman in the future stuff. Let it play out a little. He's only played a few games on the college level.

Plus as always there is the ever present Left Coast bias on the WZ. "Anybody who plays at USC or CAL is a future super star and should be the #1 pick and should win the Heisman."

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's surrounded by tons and tons of talent. He throws a 2 yard pass and guys take it 30 - 40 yards for a TD like today. That's what he's playing with. I don't know let it play out a few more years. He's very young. He seems pretty accurate and has good poise but I don't know about all this #1 pick in 2012 and Heisman in the future stuff. Let it play out a little. He's only played a few games on the college level.

Plus as always there is the ever present Left Coast bias on the WZ. "Anybody who plays at USC or CAL is a future super star and should be the #1 pick and should win the Heisman."

Well we have to balance out the ESPN/sports media SEC and East Coast dick-sucking that goes on everywhere else in the nation.

Well we have to balance out the ESPN/sports media SEC and East Coast dick-sucking that goes on everywhere else in the nation.

RAH, RAH USC and CAL. The best teams on the planet. Let's draft all our players from those universities and ignore the rest of the country.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 18, 2009 at 8:48 AM ]

RAH, RAH USC and CAL. The best teams on the planet. Let's draft all our players from those universities and ignore the rest of the country.

so you agree with balmer(unc) over d.jackson?

Well-put.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I don't think a QB from a top team like USC should ever be a #1 over all pick... that includes Oklahoma, Florida, Texas, ect. There are reasons those schools are always in the top 5 and its not because they have these future hall of fame QBs that come in and beat teams on there own. Its because they play for great teams with 5 star recruits at ever position. So when they put up these great stats throwing to 3 players who where each the top player in their state and a running back that was top 3 in the nation behind an O-Line that could stop some NFL D-lines... yeah the QB is going to look like the greatest player ever. But they never can adjust to playing in the NFL on a bad team with no one to catch the ball behind an O-Line that gives them 2 seconds to get rid of the ball. Give me a QB with good tools, putting up great numbers, playing for a top 10-15 team (such as Matt Ryan) with average players any day over a QB from a top program.
Share 49ersWebzone