There are 109 users in the forums

King's Post-Combine Mock

Here's my recommendation with the understanding we're keeping Aiyuk:

#31 Jackson Powers-Johnson, 6'3, 320 C, Oregon | OR | Chop Robinson, 6'3, 250, Edge, Penn State
#59 Marshawn Kneeland, 6'3, 275, Edge, Western Michigan | OR | Mason McCormick, 6'5, 315, G, South Dakota State
#94 Khyree Jackson, 6'3, 195, CB, Oregon | OR | Jeremiah Trotter Jr., 6'0, 235, LB, Clemson
#124 Theo Johnson, 6'6, 264, TE, Penn State | OR | DeWayne Carter, 6'3, 305, DT, Duke
#132 Luke McCaffrey, 6'2, 195, WR, Rice
#135 Christian Jones, 6'6, 321, OT, Texas
#176 Trey Taylor, 6'0, 210, S, Air Force | OR | Issac Guerendo, 6'1, 225, RB, Louisville
#211 Elijah Jones, 6'2, 185, CB, Boston College | OR | Jordan Jefferson, 6'4, 317, DT, LSU
#215 AJ Barner, 6'6, 251, TE, Michigan
#251 Taulia Tagovailoa, 5'11, 208, QB, Maryland

These are the players I've been consistently picking up via PFF's mock draft simulator. OL and DL to start. Then we splurge a bit with skill players. Solid OT prospect in Jones in the 4th and maybe some steals on day 3.

***King's original pre-combine mock***

Hopefully this is somewhat accurate. I don't (who has) the time to make everything line up perfectly with respect to the salary cap, expected salaries, draft projectin, etc. I'd have to say though if it ever came out like this we'd be sitting rather pretty for a while :)

Key losses:

I hate to say it, but I don't think we can afford Aiyuk and will trade him ala DeFo. We trade him to the Texans for their first rounder (#23).

Resign:

Jauan Jennings
Sam Darnold
Brandon Allen
Clelin Ferrell
Randy Gregory
Chris Conley

We must retain Jennings and let's try and keep our QB room intact. Let's keep Ferrell and Gregory in lieu of Chase unless Chase gives us a discount we can't refuse. Conley was a nice revelation this year. Let's keep him another year if he so chooses.

Add:

Azeez Al-Shaair, LB, 6'2, 220, 26 yrs
Connor Williams, C/G, 6'5, 312, 26 yrs
Gabe Davis, WR, 6'2, 225, 24 yrs
Devin Singletary, RB, 5'7, 203, 26 yrs

With the Greenlaw injury in mind let's try and lure Azeez back to SF so he can run it back with his mates Fred and Dre. We might be able to land Connor because of his season ending ACL injury. When fully recovered he'd be an instant starter or strong depth. Signing Davis slightly alleviates the pain of losing Aiyuk. As he showed in Buffalo he is a big-time playmaker.

Draft:

#23: Graham Barton, G, 6'5, 315, Duke
#31: Kinglsey Suamataia, T, 6'6, 325, BYU
#63: Mike Sainristil, CB, 5'10, 185, Michigan
#94: Junior Colson, LB, 6'3, 250, Michigan
#98: McKinnley Jackson, NT, 6'1, 335, Texas A&M
#125: Renardo Green, CB/S, 6'0, 187, FSU
#132: Cade Stover, TE, 6'4, 250, Ohio State
#176: Isaiah Adams, OT, 6'4, 315, Illinois
#209: Anthony Gould, WR, 5'8, 165, Oregon State
#214: Brennan Jackson, DE, 6'4, 265, Washington State
#215: Javion Cohen, OT, 6'5, 300, Miami
#249: Erick All, TE, 6'5, 250, Iowa

With Barton and Suamataia we are set with foundational o-line pieces for BP for the next 5-6 years. Suamatai will be the heir apparent to Mr. Trent Williams. With Sainristil we get a more quick and fluid and better cover type of Jimmie Ward who can play CB and S but without the tackling prowess of Jimmie. Colson is a huge thumper who is also athletic enough to cover TEs and crossing routes across the middle of the field. Great insurance for Dre and depth behind Dre, Azeez, and Fred, and eventually he'll be a starter. Jackson would provide the run-stuffing line clogging talent that we need across the D-line. Renardo Green may very well be an alpha CB#1 and probably won't be at this spot when it's all said and done. I have him replacing Gipson at S. Stover and All are your typical TE mold coming out of college. Both have high-level pass catching and run blocking skills. We need to find depth and very soon, Kittle's replacement. Gould is a gadget player who has all-universe quickness and speed. Let's take a chance. Jackson is your workman DE with a lot of college starting experience. Kind of a tweener at 6'4, 265 but maybe practice squad material

Depth Chart:

QB: Brock Purdy | Sam Darnold | Brandon Allen
RB: Christian McCaffrey | Elijah Mitchell | Jordan Mason | Devin Singletary
WR: Deebo Samuel | Anthony Gould | Ray-Ray McCloud
WR: Gabe Davis | Chris Conley
WR: Jauan Jennings | Ronnie Bell
TE: George Kittle | Cade Stover | Brayden Willis | Erick All
FB: Kyle Juszczyk
LT: Trent Williams | Isaiah Adams
LG: Aaron Banks | Jake Brendel
C: Connor Williams | Jake Brendel
RG: Graham Barton | Javion Cohen
RT: Kingsley Suamataia |Kolton McKivitz

DE: Arik Armstead | Clelin Ferrell
DT: Javon Hargrave |Sebastian Joseph-Day
DT: McKinnley Jackson | Kalia Davis
DE: Nick Bosa | Randy Gregory
LB: Dre Greenlaw | Junior Colson
LB: Fred Warner | Jalen Graham
LB: Azeez Al-Shaair | Dee Winters
CB: Charvarius Ward | Deommodore Lenoir
SS: Talanoa Hufanga |Ji'Ayir Brown
FS: Renardo Green | Ji'Ayir Brown
CB: Mike Sainristil | Ambry Thomas

We lose Aiyuk but significantly upgrade the right side of the o-line, shore up our run defense in the middle of the d-line and I feel our revamped secondary provided Hufanga is back 100% is an upgrade over last year's starting lineup. So yes, despite the infusion of highly-talented rookie youth into the starting lineup I think this is a roster that can get us back to the SB in the 2024 season.

Btw @ OTC - I was eyeing Kingsley and Sainristil in the simulator thread before you posted your mock :)
[ Edited by 49erKing on Apr 23, 2024 at 8:05 PM ]
We can't trade BA. This team needs to get younger. They can absolutely afford BA and extending him reduces his cap hit this yr. He's the future here.

They will be moving on from one of Deebo/Kittle after next season more than likely.
Book it! Just keep BA.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Feb 17, 2024 at 1:38 PM ]
Trade Deebo to Jacksonville for #17 and #96. Save $22 million on cap. Draft ba OT at #17 and Darius Robinson at #31. Draft a gimmick player like Malachi Corley with one 3rd rd pick, jaheim bell te with another. If chase young signs elsewhere niners get a 3rd rd comp pick. Move up in 2nd rd for an iol or cb. Release randy Gregory and save $14 million. Go after one of the top free agent corners with money saved. Best ability is availability. Deebo has missed games every year
[ Edited by Drod1008 on Feb 17, 2024 at 11:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Drod1008:
Trade Deebo to Jacksonville for #17 and #96. Save $22 million on cap. Draft ba OT at #17 and Darius Robinson at #31. Draft a gimmick player like Malachi Corley with one 3rd rd pick, jaheim bell te with another. If chase young signs elsewhere niners get a 3rd rd comp pick. Move up in 2nd rd for an iol or cb. Release randy Gregory and save $14 million. Go after one of the top free agent corners with money saved. Best ability is availability. Deebo has missed games every year

Don't want to derail this thread, but trading deebo only saves <7mil; 22mil is dead money
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap

Post June 1st trade

Post June 1st trade

The draft is in april...
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Feb 18, 2024 at 1:13 AM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

Post June 1st trade

The draft is in april...

Unfair comment. You missed the mock where he altered the space time continuum to get the cap savings and make the trade.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
You lost me at trade aiyuk. He's a real 1. Debo can be traded. Debo had 20 more catches and 200 less yards. Pay the man trade Debo, Debo is not a wide back anymore. It never works with him at rb. He is just a basic wr with good yac. That's injured often
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Don't want to derail this thread, but trading deebo only saves <7mil; 22mil is dead money

Debo isn't as good doesn't produce as much, and is t a rb anymore. It never works.

Originally posted by fan49:

Debo isn't as good doesn't produce as much, and is t a rb anymore. It never works.

Failing to see how our two posts are related.
  • fan49
  • Veteran

Because of all the things that are being said right now with our cap space if we have to choose. Brandon is a wide receiver that can deal with double teams if Debo is not there. Debo is not the type of receiver that can deal with double teams, because he is a basic route runner. So our posts or related because we have to decide between the two the obvious choice to me is keeping Brandon I don't care how much money we don't. Debo alone is going to have a lot of problems, especially since he's healthy, half the season,
Originally posted by fan49:

Because of all the things that are being said right now with our cap space if we have to choose. Brandon is a wide receiver that can deal with double teams if Debo is not there. Debo is not the type of receiver that can deal with double teams, because he is a basic route runner. So our posts or related because we have to decide between the two the obvious choice to me is keeping Brandon I don't care how much money we don't. Debo alone is going to have a lot of problems, especially since he's healthy, half the season,

Its not a choice between the two, because that would imply getting rid of one creates space for the other. Extending Aiyuk helps the cap this year. Trading Deebo costs us 22 mil.
Updated to include post-combine mock. My final "no aiyuk trade" mock
Share 49ersWebzone