LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

Mock Draft/FA signings

Lombardi/Barrows put up a fun little spreadsheet(i know how much we love Lombardi spreadsheets) that basically has you put a 53 man roster together under the cap with draft/FA moves.

I did mine this morning so figured I may as well post it up. Used Draft Network mock sim to run the mock draft. Not easy to do since it's so hard to predict the 53 without seeing the 90 man roster and how guys look in camp/preseason but that was the ask so here it is...

I would take that draft but it looks like the players will go earlier, esp Ji'Ayir Brown and top 4 picks. Think we will have to trade up for those guys
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
I would take that draft but it looks like the players will go earlier, esp Ji'Ayir Brown and top 4 picks. Think we will have to trade up for those guys

Yeah I think draft network has to adjust their draft board but who knows what will happen, i went with who was available.
Why do we have dead $$ for Jimmie ward if he completed his contract and is a fa??
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Why do we have dead $$ for Jimmie ward if he completed his contract and is a fa??

This is what happens when you do restructurings without total paid out reductions. You allocate salaries to future contract years even though the player is not on the roster. Dee Ford is costing us $8M and Alex Mack is $2M. In total, it's about $17M in dead cap.

Good news is that in 2024 this amount goes down to $1M. That delta will pay a good chunk of Bosa's extension.
Originally posted by GEEK:
This is what happens when you do restructurings without total paid out reductions. You allocate salaries to future contract years even though the player is not on the roster. Dee Ford is costing us $8M and Alex Mack is $2M. In total, it's about $17M in dead cap.

Good news is that in 2024 this amount goes down to $1M. That delta will pay a good chunk of Bosa's extension.

Well I understand Ford & mack bc they didn't play out their contracts. Wasn't aware of dead $$ on a completed contract.... Interesting
Share 49ersWebzone