• krizay
  • Veteran
Resign

Willis
Brendel
Omenihu
Givens
Jennings(his 1 year qualifying offer)
McGlinchey (1 or 2 year deal at best)can finally use our high picks next year for a long term replacement. Going to be hard to find a better RT IMO
Gipson (1 year deal)
Hyder (1 year deal)

FAs

The Purdy surgery changed my philosophy. Not willing to go with a rookie(Bennett was my choice) as QB2/QB3

Andy Dalton 1 yr no more than 3-4million (to serve as QB3 or QB2 until Brock is ready)

AJ McCarron. strictly QB4. leave him on PS all season unless needed. He is currently playing for XFL making peanuts. $250k to sit on Kyle's PS has to be appealing. Plus no team is going to poach him most likely.

NCB Cameron Sutton

DRAFT

99. Christopher Smith S Georgia. Jimmy Ward replacement. Has been mocked all over the place. Hopefully he's there at 99.

101. Byron Young EDGE Tennessee. Losing Ekubam we can move Omenihu or Hyder to DE in base. or even put Armstead back out there. Young would eb designated pass rusher

102. Dee Winters LB, TCU. My philosophy here is keep strength the strength. lose Al-shaair and his 30% snap share. Need a LB to replace him and be able to fill in for our top dogs if one goes down. Keeping the defense stacked is the best way to keep us in the hunt IMO.

157 Brenton Strange TE, Penn St. I have been wanting a TE2 for a while now. we lose Dwelley and Kroft. They combined for 30% snap count. Why not draft a better blocker and receiver. Hopefully would also add some relief in case Kittle goes down.

166 Alex Forsyth C, Oregon. depth at Center

173 Jason Taylor II, Okla st. depth at FS. adding he and Smith to Gipson and Huf I like our combination of safeties.

216 Cameron Young, 1T, Miss st. Hopefully He and/or Davis can help Givens man that spot.

224 Jahleel Billingsley, Big slot, Texas. Billingsley could replace JJ in the slot. I love JJ. but can replace his production and add some juice. Billingsley should be able to block on the outside like JJ

249 Holton Ahlers, OW, East Carolina. Could use Ahlers in our version fo the Taysom Hill role. A QB3 who can do multiple things include play ST. While also being a perfect compliment to Purdy(when he's ready) for the short yardage situation

255 Dante Stills 3T, WVU

With this draft the defense remains the strength. While also providing Kyle with a couple more chess pieces and adding additional QBs without jeopardizing the rest of the roster.

2024 off season would be the focus of OT and CB
[ Edited by krizay on Feb 23, 2023 at 5:39 PM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
I love everything I'm just not paying glitchy lol like $14 million. There's so many other places we can spend that money and there is other guys that would demand less.. kaleb mcgary Andre Dillard jawaan Taylor. All for half the price I know Taylor has injury concerns. And I wouldn't mind Andrew being back at that price is ridiculous when his side is always the weekest
Curious which draft site you used for your rankings. Like the Smith pick, both Byron and Cameron Young, Stills, Strange and the Winters pick at LB. Not getting at least one CB especially in this draft seems like a missed opportunity. If Ward walks in free agency, the Niners lose their "primary" slot cornerback. There are plenty of good options in this class to pick up at least one CB if not two depending on what happens to Moseley in free agency.

Don't get signing two vet free agent QB's either. Seems like a waste to have both if the Niners add the OW in Ahlers late. Ahlers also looks like a prime candidate for a priority UDFA do to his unique skill set.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Curious which draft site you used for your rankings. Like the Smith pick, both Byron and Cameron Young, Stills, Strange and the Winters pick at LB. Not getting at least one CB especially in this draft seems like a missed opportunity. If Ward walks in free agency, the Niners lose their "primary" slot cornerback. There are plenty of good options in this class to pick up at least one CB if not two depending on what happens to Moseley in free agency.

Don't get signing two vet free agent QB's either. Seems like a waste to have both if the Niners add the OW in Ahlers late. Ahlers also looks like a prime candidate for a priority UDFA do to his unique skill set.

I have us signing Cameron Sutton for the slot. Also would rather use top pick next year on CB instead of continuing wasting middle round picks on them.

I have Dalton as our QB 3 for a year due to the questions surrounding Brock. Dalton epuld be inactive UNLESS Trey/Brick us hurt or inactive

McCarron as I stated would literally be on PS THE whole year. Meaning never active unless 2 of Trey/Brock/Dalton are inactive. Both QBs for less than 3.5 combined.

Ahlers would be active as 3rd QB every game. While also contributing in other areas.
This is a lot of qb's
Like Chris Smith and the whole Georgia secondary. He would be a nice fit, it will be interesting to see who they draft with Wilks on board now
Nice except no way we are resigning McGlinchey. That will go to a Free Agent RT, FS or DE
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
Nice except no way we are resigning McGlinchey. That will go to a Free Agent RT, FS or DE

How exactly do you expect us to upgrade from McGlinchey? Do you think a RT that would be considered an upgrade will be available?

McGlinchey graded as the 34th best T in the league. Which puts him as a high end OT2. Part of his problem is he's playing opposite of the #1 graded T so his expectations are skewed.

And with us not having a pick until bottom of the 3rd I personally don't see an immediate upgrade coming from the draft.
Holton Ahlers at place holder gives us a lot of options on 4th and short.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Holton Ahlers at place holder gives us a lot of options on 4th and short.

Share 49ersWebzone